• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Clutch Settings

02SummitX800

Lifetime Membership
Oct 2, 2009
I have a 2002 Summit Highmark X 800, I am trying to find what the clutch settings are for different altitudes. I ride here in Iowa at sea level and also go out to the Debois wyoming every year. this is my first year for this sled. I think that it is set up for the mountains right now but I dont know for sure. I know that when I ride here in Iowa it seems to rev a little higher then I think it needs too. So I need to know what pins to use for sea level and (6000 to 8000ft) (part number) as well as where I set the limiter clicker for both. (1-6). If anyonw knows the settings or knows where I can get some kind of a chart that shows this info that would be great. thanks ahead of time

J

jwill302

Dec 6, 2007
il. 60073
i have an 02 renegade that i run in the U.P. and out west at about the same elev. i have adjustable steel pin wieghts that i run empty out west and loaded in the U.P.... as far as the clickers go last year was the first time i adjusted them, i ran them at 5 from 3 and noticed a big difference. they are easy to adjust while you are out (make sure they are free first..check them in the garage ).

S
I have a 2002 Summit Highmark X 800, I am trying to find what the clutch settings are for different altitudes. I ride here in Iowa at sea level and also go out to the Debois wyoming every year. this is my first year for this sled. I think that it is set up for the mountains right now but I dont know for sure. I know that when I ride here in Iowa it seems to rev a little higher then I think it needs too. So I need to know what pins to use for sea level and (6000 to 8000ft) (part number) as well as where I set the limiter clicker for both. (1-6). If anyonw knows the settings or knows where I can get some kind of a chart that shows this info that would be great. thanks ahead of time

there should be a chart on the belt cover for suggested clicker settings (or in the owners manual if you can find a copy) one click usually will change the rpm curve +/- @ 200 RPM :face-icon-small-hap the local doo dealer should be able to suggest a good "starting point".if you do start changing out the pins etc- do one change at a time and document the settings/results or you may open a real can o- worms;)

Premium Features