• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

WTF....trail tank help

S
Oct 29, 2008
I usually do the work on my sled but I am getting frustrated with this one. I took my seat off my 09 IQr to switch it out with my freestyle seat. I have the trail tank on my sled and it was on there when I took the seat off. Now, I can't get the two rear studs to go back through the holes they came out of. It's like an 1/8th inch and I can't see where it's hung up on anything. Any suggestions or input. Is there a trick I don't know? I have tried everything except putting some ratchet straps on it.

Jan 10, 2008
I have heard of this happening. It happened to my Wicked tank as well. They must stretch out. Everyone I have talked to has redrilled holes. You could probably try to rachet strap it, but I doubt you'll have any luck. My .02

K
Sep 19, 2009
Ya same here I got a used trail tank and it's like 1 1/2" off from where the seat mounted in the back. I tried pushing it up into the sled and could only get that close. It seems odd.

S
Oct 29, 2008
Thanks for everyone's input. I can't tell you how many beers I have had this week sitting next to that god damn seat wondering if I was just a retard. Makes me feel so much better. Will be redrilling tonight. Thanks again

Premium Features