• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

06 apex drive shaft

T
Dec 2, 2007
Hi guys, i installed new drivers and track on my sled but when i took the drive shaft out the bearing on the clutch side has a collar and set screws. The collar was cracked and set screws were loose(replaced with new one), so i am unsure about tightening them and where to have the shaft set before tightening them. Any info would be helpful.

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
All i do is install the shaft and then tighten those set screws last. They don't hold the shaft in place by an means. They are just there to ensure the shaft does not spin inside the bearing i believe. I wouldn't worry about it too much just tighten and ride. I use locktite on mine.

I always do the chain case side first with the clutch side bering just loose on the shaft, once you install the chain case side completely and tighten the lower drive sprocket to the shaft, it will locate itself, in other words the shaft cant move any more from side to side. Now tighten the set screws on the clutch side bering.
Hope this helps

Premium Features