• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

07 vector 1000 (turbo?)

Y
Oct 2, 2009
hey i would like to build a custom turbo system for my rs vector. i can build it all up and stuff i was just wondering if there was anyone else who has tried this and how it worked. i also have a few questions. should i run carb blow through or enclosure? and what is the best way to tune it? rrfpr? where do i get the oil pressure from? i was told that if i run a carb enclosure setup that there would be little to no tuning is that true? and i would probably still need a fuel pump. ok well any input would be greatly appreciated. thanks

T

turbo99

Mar 16, 2008
tacoma,wa
ya lots of people have kits out there the 973cc motor does not like alot of boost if you build it stay under 10lbs and she'll live anything over that is a gamble. good luck

Y
Oct 2, 2009
ya i was planning on starting around 7 or 8. then if that works out i might drop the compressin a bit and start playing around. thanks

J

johnny be bad

Nov 26, 2007
in the getto
ya lots of people have kits out there the 973cc motor does not like alot of boost if you build it stay under 10lbs and she'll live anything over that is a gamble. Good luck

its called build it proper! I run 15lbs no problem! Just dont let them run upside down.

Y
Oct 2, 2009
awesome. what do you think about a holley blue? i have one of those. i will probably still need a boost compensating regulator correct? and i have two small turbos that i was thinking of using. an ihi rhb5 and a t25 off a 240sx. which would work best?

J
Dec 15, 2007
Troy, MT
I'm Running Boone Dockers kit with the gt.25 w/ there innercooler set up at 20lbs and you just have to keep up with the oil blow by becuse your vertical or past with that kind of Steep climbing capabilties. Plus it's a lot of boost. If the jettings right and your A/F gauge is on. It's gonna last for a Spell. Good fuel and good oil go along way. The 973 is very very strong and loves the forced Air. Check out the New 509 Revolution and you'll see what your 973 is capable of. Good Luck and have fun with your boost. John Orr

J

johnny be bad

Nov 26, 2007
in the getto
I'm Running Boone Dockers kit with the gt.25 w/ there innercooler set up at 20lbs and you just have to keep up with the oil blow by becuse your vertical or past with that kind of Steep climbing capabilties. Plus it's a lot of boost. If the jettings right and your A/F gauge is on. It's gonna last for a Spell. Good fuel and good oil go along way. The 973 is very very strong and loves the forced Air. Check out the New 509 Revolution and you'll see what your 973 is capable of. Good Luck and have fun with your boost. John Orr

i just built an 08 vector. they come with the new style oil tank, so no more of that check valve crap. and i built an mxc style catch tank vented out the belly pan, so no more oil all over the place.

B
Oct 17, 2004
Kelowna B.C.
i just built an 08 vector. they come with the new style oil tank, so no more of that check valve crap. and i built an mxc style catch tank vented out the belly pan, so no more oil all over the place.

Very fun Sled Boosted....Just don't let that vent line freeze up Jonhny....then you will really have a mess!!!

BC.

Y
Oct 2, 2009
sweet i cant wait to boost this thing. im not exactly sure what you mean about the oil vent though. i havent even got the project started yet. if i could get some more details about the fuel system that would be great. i have turbocharged a bunch of car and trucks. i even did a carb blow through set up in a v8 pinto so im kinda hoping this will be a down scaled version. anymore input would be greatly appreciated thanks

J

johnny be bad

Nov 26, 2007
in the getto
sweet i cant wait to boost this thing. im not exactly sure what you mean about the oil vent though. i havent even got the project started yet. if i could get some more details about the fuel system that would be great. i have turbocharged a bunch of car and trucks. i even did a carb blow through set up in a v8 pinto so im kinda hoping this will be a down scaled version. anymore input would be greatly appreciated thanks

THE OLD SYSTEM
IMG_6744.jpg

THE NEW SYSTEM
IMG_6745.jpg

THE OLD ONE WOULD MIST OIL OUT, MADE A HELL OF A MESS. THE NEW ONE VENTS OUT THE BELLY PAN. WAY NICER. PLUS IF YOU ROLL THE SLED IT SHOULD CONTAIN THE OIL BETTER!

Y
Oct 2, 2009
ok this giving me a great starting point. a lil more info on how to pressurize the carbs would be good. as well as any other input. im trying to compile as much info as possible before i start building so details are best. thanks

Premium Features