• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

A ?? about Raptor Springs

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
Just finished installed the replacement Raptor triple rate springs on my '16 SC 800.
ll was smooth, until install and setup of the rear skid shock.
After setting shock length to recommended spec, the new spring is contracting the reservoir on the stock WE clicker shocks..

Anyone else have this issue? Spring is kind of "bowling pin" shaped, and the cause if the interference.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Which spring are you guys having issues with... The standard or heavy rate? I installed a set on my 17 with the WE clicker shocks and did not have an issue. This was the standard rate spring on a 163.

Snowman.PRO.

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2015
MN
Which spring are you guys having issues with... The standard or heavy rate? I installed a set on my 17 with the WE clicker shocks and did not have an issue. This was the standard rate spring on a 163.
Can you give any feedback on the springs?
I too have a 16 axys 163 with walker clickers.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
Call up Jake at raptor, he is there to help and will take care of you if there is a problem.

GreenState

Lifetime Membership
Feb 28, 2012
McCall
Can you put the spring on in the other direction and get the clearance you need? Just a thought.

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
Ya called Raptor, sent pics etc. They are sending the new '18 spec spring, slightly different diameter he says, so hopefully that fixes me up!
No GS, spring can only go one way. Spring on one end only has the lock tab to mate with the adjustment collar on shock body.

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
Wow, received my updated spring already, thanks Raptor !!
Will do install hopefully this weekend, and with luck have smooth operation :face-icon-small-hap

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Can you give any feedback on the springs?
I too have a 16 axys 163 with walker clickers.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

They work great. Ive ran them with the WE clicker and non-clicker shocks. Very noticeable ride improvement. For me, they are a great bang for the buck.

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
Well got the updated spring in yesterday, removed the initial spring I received from Raptor. Upon measuring, the initial spring was 92mm did, and the updated is 82.
More/tighter coils to make up the difference. No trouble clearing the reservoir now.
Just need snow to get out and try them ! :face-icon-small-hap

P

pj8556

Jan 11, 2008
God's country
G-force, I appreciate the info on the springs
and your list of rides..... very impressive indeed
but if you're going to quote a classic movie, get it right

P

pj8556

Jan 11, 2008
God's country