• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tki belt drive for 18 MC ?

717 bren

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 18, 2017
" The 717 "
Has anyone gotten a tki belt drive for there 18 MC ? I've been trying since August and all I get from Tom is a bunch of excuses and broken promises . I'm about ready to call C3 . Any info would be very helpful

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Is Tom's on the website as being offered for sale?

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
Doesn't sound like Tom. The drive itself should be the same its how to deal with the electric oil pump

717 bren

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 18, 2017
" The 717 "
I've heard there's a bunch of combinations of jack shafts and track shafts least thats what he's telling me . Mine was built in September so it has all the updates

717 bren

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 18, 2017
" The 717 "
He told me last Mon that he had fabbed a new 2 quart oil tank and that he was going to ship it that day . Nothing but silence since .

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
Patience grasshopper the wait will be worth it. I've seen first hand what he has in store for the 18s and its very sweet.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I've seen what Tom is making too. He's been trying to get the best solution possible to the oil pump. That along with it being show season puts a damper on production. He's been in the shop 6 days a week when he can. There were parts being turned out so they'll probably be headed to anodizing soon I'd guess.

gonehuntnpowder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2008
Eastern Idaho
Bought a belt drive from him last year. It was a little slow getting shipped, but a great product. Best part was when I saw the belt was walking off the pully I called him on Saturday morning and he answered the phone and walked me through a 10 minute parking lot fix! I had a shim I'm backwards. Great customer service. Worth the wait.

717 bren

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 18, 2017
" The 717 "
Update , just received notice that my belt drive is been processed for shipping ! Can't wait will post pics when it arrives

Sled208

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2010
I have a REALLY dumb question... What is the fancy thing in the first picture?

717 bren

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 18, 2017
" The 717 "
This is a belt drive thread cornfusion to exchange ideas not a place for snide comments from Poo riders

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana

Not a dumb question at all. That is the housing for the electronic oil pump. TKI took this approach versus building some kind of plastic housing on the plastic tank. Should be a strong setup.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT

It's the new housing for the oil pump. Plastic tank mounts where the old one did and feeds into the pump housing. It's not the lightest way to do it, but it's about the most secure way to do it. Screws with Loctite keep the pump in the housing solid with less of a chance of backing out of a plastic tank. Also probably has less of a chance of deforming and leaking for close quarters to turbos and tunnel dumps. For guys that haven't seen one, the pickup on the pump is a big open screen so you can't just feed it with a hose. Has to be in a bath. For guys that run low on oil you should be able to run the plastic tank about empty before worrying about running out. I guess that had been a concern with a few people that pack gas and put on a lot of miles in a day.

Last edited:

Sled208

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2010
Since its slow in the ascender forum I'll post up a pic of my brandy new mountain kitty. Just unloaded it and snapped a pic. Gonna put a cat skid plate & tether on it. Got my fancy TKI brake resi protector and Diamond S can. Anyway... here it is

18 mountain cat.jpg

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Was at TKI yesterday and snapped a picture of the display model so you guys could see what it looks like assembled. The extra port in the top of the pump housing is to bleed air out when it is filled.

TKI MC 1.jpg TKI MC 2.jpg TKI MC 3.jpg

Premium Features