• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Garmin Montana glove box mount

Hike&Hunt

Premium Member
Mar 23, 2016
Windsor, CO
Hey guys, anyone installed this wiring kit and mount? I have one on my XM and ordered a kit for my G4. Is the install about the same? Thanks.

M
Nov 21, 2016
Splice

I mounted the Gramin mount off my XM just below the factory gauge on my 850 The quick connects from the XM do not work so I spliced them into the wires provided under the glovebox. I could send pics if you need them.

96-ramair

Lifetime Membership
Oct 11, 2012
I mounted the Gramin mount off my XM just below the factory gauge on my 850 The quick connects from the XM do not work so I spliced them into the wires provided under the glovebox. I could send pics if you need them.
Would it be possibly to post them here in the thread? I'm looking to do the same (Garmin Montana inbox are on sale @ Cabelas right now).

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Hike&Hunt

Premium Member
Mar 23, 2016
Windsor, CO
Garmin mount done!

I ended up ordering the G4 Dual USB power outlet that installs into the back of the glove box. During that install, I spliced the wires from the Garmin Mount into the USB wiring harness.

You can see the stock wire clip in the first picture, this is how looks when you take the hood off. Obviously, you could splice into this harness too as mentioned above.

ski doo.jpg ski doo 2.jpg

Premium Features