• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mirage Trailers-excellent experience

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

togwotee9

The Baconator
Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2008
Council Bluffs, IA
Stupid-people.jpeg

trickedout700

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2004
Great Falls, MT
I do know one thing the new mirages are so better built than previous years. And I know the owners of mirage and they will dang near wholesale units to me guys. Pass the word. Sorry again Dale and all other negative mirage owners for your bad luck. I really hate seeing guys going through bad deals cuz i hate when it happens to

Last edited:
W

w4cstriker

Dec 17, 2007
washington
I have been a split owner of a trailer in the past and I'll i can say it's always best to put both parties name on the title. Hope it all gets worked out seems nice to me they were willing to fix it .

swikertrob

Premium Member
Oct 2, 2008
www.miragetrailers.com
Once again, missing the point. If a mfr knows the axles are ****, they have a moral obligation to accomodate the customer. IMO, drop shipping him an axle isn't too much to ask. Then again, I work for a mfr that would never ask the customer to bring the product back to the factory, they authorize it to be taken care of locally.

You are not understanding the issue, there was not a warranty on the unit, he was a second owner (which he was not honest about). Mirage offered to repair free of charge if he got it to us. Does the mfg you work for fix it's products in the field if they are past their warranty period ?

davidhahn15

Lifetime Membership
Jul 19, 2008
Fargo ND
Stupid

This ridiculous. I don't own a mirage or know rob or sale but just from reading this it looks like Rob went above and beyond his call of duty to repair the trailer for free. With that kind of customer service I'd probly buy a mirage for my next trailer.
Dale you sound like an absolute d bag. Joining a forum to bash a company then telling the moderators to swallow cuz they are good at it? By the sounds of it your *** is still sore from bending over for the 5200 you never should have spent. Quit bashing the company because your an idiot.

Someone delete this thread to save dale the embarrassment and so mirage trailers has one less headache to deal with.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Dale had a meltdown late last night and decided to voluntarily leave SnoWest and asked me to close his account.

he is now carrying on his one man crusade against Mirage somewhere else.

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
You are not understanding the issue, there was not a warranty on the unit, he was a second owner (which he was not honest about). Mirage offered to repair free of charge if he got it to us. Does the mfg you work for fix it's products in the field if they are past their warranty period ?

Yes, as a matter of fact, they do. My company even fixes installation issues from products that were installed by the previous company owners. They do this even after the factory warranty period has ended for the install.

W

wilbilly

Dec 23, 2007
mountain home ,id
Mirage Trailer Disappointment

Just my 2 cents, and not looking for any warranty considerations, it is what it is. In the winter of '09, my wife and I were in a position to purchase a snowmobile trailer of our choice on the market. Price was not an issue. We chose to buy a Mirage trailer. The day we picked it up, we found so much substandard trim work, the dealer was personally embarrassed and took the trailer back to the factory himself to have the issues taken care of. After that, there was a bubble that came up in the rubber floor, after that, the trailer went back for an axle mounting recall, after that, a tail light went out, the dealer could not get the same light, and removed one from one of his unsold trailers on the lot to get us going, after that, all the rubber bumbers on the doors have fell off and been remounted, after that I washed the trailer in my yard, and a 4x4 area of paint came off on the towel. All this occured in the first year we owned it. Now keep in mind the trailer has only been back to the manufacturer twice, as I do not have time to take this trailer back and forth to the manufacturer or it would last all winter of doing so. In the last couple years I have owned this trailer, the hinges, door steps, splash guard on the front door are all rusting, the powder coating or paint is coming off the trailer at an exelerated rate. When you look at the trailer from underneath, they scabbed a 2 ft piece of steel into the frame which is never a good thing. I would trade this trailer off, but from year one, I would have lost too much money in doing so. Therefore, you live and learn, and don't make the same mistake twice. I have no problems with things like axle failures ,jack failures ETC. these things Mirage is purchasing from a vendor but I feel most of my problems are in craftmanship. I am not bashing Mirage just telling the form of my experience owning a 09 4 place enclosed Mirage trailer . Take it for what it is worth .

davidhahn15

Lifetime Membership
Jul 19, 2008
Fargo ND
Yikes that's pretty rough

[/B]
Just my 2 cents, and not looking for any warranty considerations, it is what it is. In the winter of '09, my wife and I were in a position to purchase a snowmobile trailer of our choice on the market. Price was not an issue. We chose to buy a Mirage trailer. The day we picked it up, we found so much substandard trim work, the dealer was personally embarrassed and took the trailer back to the factory himself to have the issues taken care of. After that, there was a bubble that came up in the rubber floor, after that, the trailer went back for an axle mounting recall, after that, a tail light went out, the dealer could not get the same light, and removed one from one of his unsold trailers on the lot to get us going, after that, all the rubber bumbers on the doors have fell off and been remounted, after that I washed the trailer in my yard, and a 4x4 area of paint came off on the towel. All this occured in the first year we owned it. Now keep in mind the trailer has only been back to the manufacturer twice, as I do not have time to take this trailer back and forth to the manufacturer or it would last all winter of doing so. In the last couple years I have owned this trailer, the hinges, door steps, splash guard on the front door are all rusting, the powder coating or paint is coming off the trailer at an exelerated rate. When you look at the trailer from underneath, they scabbed a 2 ft piece of steel into the frame which is never a good thing. I would trade this trailer off, but from year one, I would have lost too much money in doing so. Therefore, you live and learn, and don't make the same mistake twice. I have no problems with things like axle failures ,jack failures ETC. these things Mirage is purchasing from a vendor but I feel most of my problems are in craftmanship. I am not bashing Mirage just telling the form of my experience owning a 09 4 place enclosed Mirage trailer . Take it for what it is worth .

swikertrob

Premium Member
Oct 2, 2008
www.miragetrailers.com

if you would like, bring it back to Nampa and we will make it right. you are afforded the same opportunity every Mirage owner has and a plus being you are about an hour from the factory.

newmy1

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Huskerland
I want a trailer I don't have to take back to have it made right. Who really wants to use a warranty? Pretty obvious to me that Mirage is taking the WalMart approach unless I'm missing something. And yes I am in the market or I could give two chits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

newmy1

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Huskerland
Wilbilly has had his back to the factory twice and still having issues. WTF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Have one buddy with a pile and one with a new one that say's they are great. He says mirage is turning it around. After looking at my one buddy's trailer I would be sceptical. It was one of the first years.

M
Dec 12, 2011
I got to see the trailer in question in January in Fernie and talked to Dale about the whole issue. Wow to say the least, there are two sides to every story is the case.

The trailer is owned by both who own the company that the trailer was bought under so........ Not sure how second owner warranty applies since it's a single ownership of both parties? Did Rob actually check the bill of sale or just assumed to twist and smear the related facts to his benefit as I've read throughout other posts with similar outcomes in an attempt to discredit and individual?

The offer of Mirage and Rob was to bring the trailer 17 hours drive one way to get it fixed after initially saying too bad not covered your on you own, this was after the repairs were already made and obviously for the sake of saving face here on SW to solicit support or sympathy from others that are or were unaware of the detailed correspondence.

Why would a person drive 17 hours one way to get repairs made? Isn't this why you buy the product from a dealer. My truck was built in a factory in the USA and when it needs work warranty or not all I do is drive it to the nearest authorized dealer for service and repairs anywhere the product is sold?

After reading this entire thread of back and forth back and forth and then getting the OTHER side of the story with the e mail correspondence back and forth from Dale and Mirage / Rob I hate to say it, I would look far and wide at every other possible option for an enclosed trailer before I even looked at a Mirage product, sorry just my opinion based on how Rob has responded in the various threads here on SW and the correspondences I was witness to on the story boards that were printed out from e mails etc etc when I met up with Dale.

I also noticed in reading this entire thread the bias of particular members towards the whole issue, not saying what Dale did was right by any means but I do think he proved a point on the customer relations one receives from Mirage and the owner and the bias displayed by the Admin and some mods here on SW, does everyone on this site have to stay within the confines of dictated protocol of sharing the love without being true and honest in saying something that may be on the edge.......................

Nuff said from me on this issue I've watched it unfold for a considerable amount of time and now I believe I have enough information to offer an opinion on the matter, not coming to anyone's side just stating an OBSERVATION in this whole matter.

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
I got to see the trailer in question in January in Fernie and talked to Dale about the whole issue. Wow to say the least, there are two sides to every story is the case.

The trailer is owned by both who own the company that the trailer was bought under so........ Not sure how second owner warranty applies since it's a single ownership of both parties? Did Rob actually check the bill of sale or just assumed to twist and smear the related facts to his benefit as I've read throughout other posts with similar outcomes in an attempt to discredit and individual?

The offer of Mirage and Rob was to bring the trailer 17 hours drive one way to get it fixed after initially saying too bad not covered your on you own, this was after the repairs were already made and obviously for the sake of saving face here on SW to solicit support or sympathy from others that are or were unaware of the detailed correspondence.

Why would a person drive 17 hours one way to get repairs made? Isn't this why you buy the product from a dealer. My truck was built in a factory in the USA and when it needs work warranty or not all I do is drive it to the nearest authorized dealer for service and repairs anywhere the product is sold?

After reading this entire thread of back and forth back and forth and then getting the OTHER side of the story with the e mail correspondence back and forth from Dale and Mirage / Rob I hate to say it, I would look far and wide at every other possible option for an enclosed trailer before I even looked at a Mirage product, sorry just my opinion based on how Rob has responded in the various threads here on SW and the correspondences I was witness to on the story boards that were printed out from e mails etc etc when I met up with Dale.

I also noticed in reading this entire thread the bias of particular members towards the whole issue, not saying what Dale did was right by any means but I do think he proved a point on the customer relations one receives from Mirage and the owner and the bias displayed by the Admin and some mods here on SW, does everyone on this site have to stay within the confines of dictated protocol of sharing the love without being true and honest in saying something that may be on the edge.......................

Nuff said from me on this issue I've watched it unfold for a considerable amount of time and now I believe I have enough information to offer an opinion on the matter, not coming to anyone's side just stating an OBSERVATION in this whole matter.

This is some wild story,you happened to meet up with Dale in Fernie yet you both share the same IP address!:face-icon-small-con

Premium Features