• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2 Stroke pump gas boost

S

Silber

Nov 26, 2007
The charger uses a gt4094 compressor wheel that spins at 70,000 rpm. It makes 5 psi boost at 4000 rpm! Half of the step up is in the belt and half is in the gear case.

The tunnel dump exhaust is for noise although from what I found with the turbo setup this was the only place that you could dump the exhaust on a carbed 2stroke in the deep snow. When it went out the bottom it would die when sidehilling downhill to the right, and in the tunnel it never misses a beat.

Dyno sheet shows 1.7 psi of boost at 4000rpm.

Very interesting setup, I am sure they rip. Keep up the good work guys.

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Yep! Anytime you guys have some more info and eye-candy, we're ready! Yes sir!

RS

R

RKT

Jul 19, 2001
Preston, Idaho
www.2strokeheads.com
WOW!!!!!!!!!

Kinda resembles a kit that was on display at Jackson. Wonder WHY the RIPcharger guys where trying to blend in and take pics of this kit???????

I recall having conversations with Dennis last year about certain things and now I see this......... Wonder how long it will be before the M-series kit gets located on the mag side as well.

I guess I will take it as a lesson learned.

WOW!!! is right.. Your pics resemble a Supercharged M8 I have in my garage!! LOL:devil:

S
Dec 1, 2007
BC
its the same as rear mount and front mount turbo kits, the whole industry is a copy cat world. it comes down to what actually works not what looks the prettiest.

B

Boyko

Nov 27, 2007
Alberta
PLDyno.jpg

Wow..........

is that ever cool the way this system controls the exhaust pressure, it does not have a spike off the beging like a turbo would.

It is some kind of voodoo, very nice work.

Thanks for posing that Dave

hobbes

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
That thing is going to be a real ***** to clutch... it's only got 120+ ft/lbs of torque from 7000-80000 rpm. :face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-win

C

CBX

Jan 21, 2008
Sure seems like alot of talk for all parties involved for there being no product even avalible yet....

Looks to me like powderlites is out in front. Looks pretty awesome if it actually works and is produced. And a real dyno sheet..... How refreshing. Sometimes I get the impression that sleds can't be hooked up to dynos by some the the silly talk that goes around here and dootalk by performance shops.

By the dyno sheet posted, it has a torque curve a mile long. I'll bet it would feel torquey like a four stroke, and rippy like a two stroke....Just how fun would that be. Plus no heat issues like a turbo. Assuming, it actually works in real life.

Neversatisfied......????n Really? You honestly mean to post here and play the "oh gosh golly, you darn tilly wackers stoled my idear...."......Please.

You actually thought that everything you discused with "another" sled performance shop was just for you, even though your the one who told them? Or so you say......... If your information was that top secret and G3 classified, maybe you shouldn't have pulled such a bonehead move like, say, i don't know, Telling them??? Or hauling it to the the Hill climbs and pop the hood up..........

Just saying dude. There are proper ways to develop new ideas, and carting them around for all to see and not patenting them isnt the way to do it. Not to get down on you for being a cry baby, but come on. You took a possibly new concept, put it out to the public and expected it to not get taken???

You very well may be the first. Hows about somebody make it work so the rest of us can buy them.

If the performance builders really wanted to make insane money on this deal, Price it at about $2000, pump gas, 200 hp, and turn key stock reliable. Think of how many people would be lining up to buy it.

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
If the performance builders really wanted to make insane money on this deal, Price it at about $2000, pump gas, 200 hp, and turn key stock reliable. Think of how many people would be lining up to buy it.

In a heartbeat!!!:face-icon-small-hap

RS

L

lookup

Nov 26, 2007
sheridan wy
if any of you need a test sled i have a new 2010 xp 800 or two either a x or everst begging for boost ! :face-icon-small-hap

P

powderlites

Nov 26, 2007
Sicamous, BC Canada
www.powderlites.com
Rip Charger

WOW!!!!!!!!!

Kinda resembles a kit that was on display at Jackson. Wonder WHY the RIPcharger guys where trying to blend in and take pics of this kit???????

I recall having conversations with Dennis last year about certain things and now I see this......... Wonder how long it will be before the M-series kit gets located on the mag side as well.

I guess I will take it as a lesson learned.

I started this thread and here you are bashing something that you really don't know me or my team at Powder Lites?
Sorry but we never seen anything except what Mitch did with the XP and right from the time we seen it he wanted to move it and design it his way.
We are working with Rip Charger to do the R & D and Manufacturing.
Where are your dnyo numbers?
Do you build this kit or work for a company that builds kits?
Please don't step on my honesty and integrity buttons!
Start your own post and get the facts before you start bashing.
Wow !! ? Neversatisfied Maybe you should take the time to check it out by given us a call.
Never be satisfied with you calling me copycat or stealing your great ideas if they are even yours!
I have always been the innovator around here and you prove your dyno numbers and start your own thread!

Jul 22, 2008
Sure seems like alot of talk for all parties involved for there being no product even avalible yet....

Looks to me like powderlites is out in front. Looks pretty awesome if it actually works and is produced. And a real dyno sheet..... How refreshing. Sometimes I get the impression that sleds can't be hooked up to dynos by some the the silly talk that goes around here and dootalk by performance shops.

By the dyno sheet posted, it has a torque curve a mile long. I'll bet it would feel torquey like a four stroke, and rippy like a two stroke....Just how fun would that be. Plus no heat issues like a turbo. Assuming, it actually works in real life.

Neversatisfied......????n Really? You honestly mean to post here and play the "oh gosh golly, you darn tilly wackers stoled my idear...."......Please.

You actually thought that everything you discused with "another" sled performance shop was just for you, even though your the one who told them? Or so you say......... If your information was that top secret and G3 classified, maybe you shouldn't have pulled such a bonehead move like, say, i don't know, Telling them??? Or hauling it to the the Hill climbs and pop the hood up..........

Just saying dude. There are proper ways to develop new ideas, and carting them around for all to see and not patenting them isnt the way to do it. Not to get down on you for being a cry baby, but come on. You took a possibly new concept, put it out to the public and expected it to not get taken???

You very well may be the first. Hows about somebody make it work so the rest of us can buy them.

Thanks for this CBX, this isnt about who did what first. Driving a blower off either end of the crankshaft isnt a new idea in any way shape or form, the wheel is already round and nobody is gonna make it any rounder! Some might make it lighter though!
This post is about a new system that IS coming to the market this winter, the first round of kits will ship before christmas. We are working hard to get the Arctic cat remounted to the mag side of the engine and refine a bunch of other little things to make a true bolt on kit that works, and works well. We also have a Polaris in the shop that will be in the snow before christmas as well, and then of course the 800r Etec, that will be my favorite choice! Winter is coming fast guys, stay tuned!

G
Apr 23, 2008
lets look at this from the outside boys..

nothing new
many have beat this horse ,, many many have tried to better the threshold of failure with a blower 2 stroke to no avail..

Its a monkey see monkey doo business PERIOD.. NONE OF US are the first ( even you neversatisfied )..

Ive seen that type of mount and drive in the 1980's in the field and at dynotech..NOTHING NEW..

Wait till you seize the blower.. the mag end is NOT a pto end . the damage is catastrophic..Dyno Jim knows this stuff all to well..

The limit of power is and will be what sets the turbo and the belt drive apart.

fwiw .
an NYU student has been on this for over a year..

same results,, 8 psi and thats where the power ends..

Neversatisfied ( I hate not having a name for someone ) has a beef with ripcharge and NOT powderlites..

Dave ( i love you man ) take it easy..If this is going to work you need to focus all your time on finding out why there is a limit and addressing it,, if it is possible, to date it is NOT.

I will get ALL of you 1 step closer..( what is missing from any belt setup vs a turbo ?) answer that and then you can see why its not feasible to overcome the limit of half an atmosphere..

There is a market for a low buck mid power upgrade,, its the same league as a really good big bore.. but boost is boost, the tax on the engine is the same, deto is deto when it comes to boost, intake heat is still intercooler friendly as those with belt yammies found out all to quickly..

when someone pisses you off, reread the behavior thread and ask yourself if your helping learn and teach ???

fouled plug is for pissin matches..

Gus

Last edited:
L

lookup

Nov 26, 2007
sheridan wy
been watching this thread with interest in this product the 8 psi is that the end of the gear ratio verses top rpm any more and the charger would over rev?or more rpm would give more boost but have problems on lower rpm?were as the turbo is varied with the rpm accordingly? if this makes any sense please press 1:face-icon-small-con would one be capable of re gearing this outfit to get diff boost on the mountain or dial it up or adjustable blow off valve to up the psi or down or heres your 8 have fun?either way i am still interested

S
Dec 1, 2007
BC
even 4-5psi would be fun, it not always all about high hp numbers, in a light XP 180hp would please me, for me pump gas and reliable is where its at, and i can say the fun factor will be higher than the hp numbers.

L

lookup

Nov 26, 2007
sheridan wy
the single fact that a fellow wants to turbo means he is never happy and always wants more with out sacrafice of daily riding and getting back to the trailer other wise there would be no need for new bigger better just my .02 and if i am going to be limited to 180 hp i am probably out not bashing just giving my opinion

i want to add that i am not bashing here but like to here all the ins and outs and make a choice with out actually riding the product it is a big investment for all and customer service is what i look at most

Last edited:
C

CBX

Jan 21, 2008
I feel for ya neversatisfied..... I really do. But, you showed the world your product, in the open. You even discussed it. Without any patent protections of anykind.

There is an order to the way things are developed. And it requires the use of a patent lawyer. Thats just how it is. Otherwise ideas get stolen. And endless bickering ensues.

Otherwise, your at your own risk. If there wasn't a patent system, think of how everything would be. There wouldn't be any standards on most of this stuff. Just a full on free for all.

Look, neversatisfied. I'm not saying your wrong at all. Its your ballgame. You get to play it anyway you like. All that I am saying is that your were pretty naive to go and show up to and event like the hillclimbs, and show everyone your idea and give them your hard earned info/gold without going through the channels and having patent protections. Without that, anyone could show up and build it assuming they get the technology to work the way it needs to be to function. Don't think it happens. look at how things came to be at the biggest sled turbo outfit out there. The Idea originator (we all know who it was) didn't get educated and get the protection he should have. His ideas were taken. Taken/stolen, but stolen fair and square.

May i suggest, don't get mad, get even? I know a guy just like you, developed and idea that changed the Agriculture world forever. Its a high speed hydraulic system that operates the moving floor in trailer/beds on trucks. He didn't patent it because he felt everyone should know it/have it. He thought it was common knowledge. "its so simple" and " I don't want to deal with lawyers" and "it won't be that big a deal"..............well, let me tell you every single manufacturer there is uses this idea now..... He could have made an absolute fortune....... But he didn't because he didn't care about the money, he was for just the concept. We'll he could have paid for college of every single one of his decendants and Probably never worked in his crusty dirty small truck shop again. He could have done anything that he dreamed of with the money this idea would have brought.

But he didn't. I'm sorry if what I wrote was offensive to you, but when someone has the chance to really make a big deal for themselves, and doesn't play their cards right I find it a little bit annoying. Sorry if my comparison of you to this guy in my story bothers you. I just know that i'll bet he thinks about it alot. Knowing he could have changed his and his families life forever. With just an idea...... and maybe a phone call to a good patent lawyer for starters.

Premium Features