• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Where oh where did my turbo builder go?

hivoltagesledhead

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Nakusp, BC
LOL...thats actually pretty funny josh...all I can say is the winter is over and after waiting one season what is a couple more months...the kit IS worth waiting for...if you and Dave are still dealing. Not my place to say what you should do with your deal, just saying that if you can have it by next season or sooner, then go for it.

M
Nov 27, 2007
Vernal, UT
Thats good to know. I rode my xp for the first time all season yesterday. It was alot of fun. But I was with a tm8, and boy do I wish I had a turbo on that xp. I think it was my last ride for the season unless it starts really snowing in the mountains.
At this point I'll take what ever I can get from R&D Custom turbo werx.

LOL...thats actually pretty funny josh...all I can say is the winter is over and after waiting one season what is a couple more months...the kit IS worth waiting for...if you and Dave are still dealing. Not my place to say what you should do with your deal, just saying that if you can have it by next season or sooner, then go for it.

N

nuttyn01

Dec 3, 2007
Sioux Falls, SD
xp turbo

I have Daves kit on my sled and it works pretty damn good.I waited all winter as well but i am happy now. I also have the first version oil can,and yes there is a problem there,but it will get upgraded.There have been a few other little quirks but i think that is normal.I find it hard to believe that every other T-xp out there this year has run perfectly from day 1 that the kit was installed.But then again,I could just be a naive moron,but I doubt that. i have been honest on my posts all winter and with my posts since I got the kit.I have posted ride numbers and results and problems and invitations to meet guys with other T-xps and no one has offered to meet me yet.I have asked TP to post pics of their kits and I have not seen any yet. I have nothing to hide and will gladly meet with anyone to compare apples to apples and LEARN from each other.Really, what do we have to lose. Im not sticking up for Dave or knocking TP,just wanting some real life comparisons. I will be heading to Clearwater in April and Brandywine in May if anyone is interested. Powder King just got 20 cm of new snow 3 days ago and has a 260 cm base still. When the ski hill closes for the season, it is opened to sledders. come one, come all. Quit the ranting and the BS and let the sleds do the talking.

By the way,Jakes customer service has been second to none...best service I have ever received...including any dealers i have ever dealt with!!!

Glad your having fun with yours Shawn...I couldnt be happier with mine...I have the updated oil tank on mine and it looks very factory...I will try and get some pics posted...I agree 100% with you on getting out and playing with some of the other kits in the market...at the end of the day I think it would just be good fun.

We are looking at being in north central colorado or south central wyoming on the 8th and 9th of april...I am gonna try to hook up with sledrush also.

hivoltagesledhead

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Nakusp, BC
Right on Nutty....that would be a fun trip ! Please ...post some pics of the updated oil tank. I had to take mine off yesterday and it is a pain in the butt...Dave is going to be updating the tanks so I should get it this summer. If you are on Facebook send me a PM and we can hook up and trade vids and pics. Sledrush asked me to do the same thing. I am trying to plan a month long excursion next spring to the NW USA...if it happens we should all try to hook up. That would be a blast!!!

D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
Shawn, my wife has been trying to get him on Facebook too. She needs more people to talk to I guess. I have his sled here and I have some pictures of the new oil tank I can email to you. Shoot me your email and I will get you some pictures.

Dave

S

sledrush

Oct 27, 2008
Colorado
Glad your having fun with yours Shawn...I couldnt be happier with mine...I have the updated oil tank on mine and it looks very factory...I will try and get some pics posted...I agree 100% with you on getting out and playing with some of the other kits in the market...at the end of the day I think it would just be good fun.

We are looking at being in north central colorado or south central wyoming on the 8th and 9th of april...I am gonna try to hook up with sledrush also.

Call me so we can make plans Nick.Should be great times.

M
Nov 27, 2007
Vernal, UT
The attorney generals office is having the same problem I am. Ray Clinger, who I have been dealing with, is now advising me to file a civil suit. He said he has tried each day to call Dave that he has been at work, and Dave has never returned a call.
I cannot get the guy to return an email or phone call for nothing. Now his cell phone has been cancled. The phone number is no longer in service.
I know some of you are happy with his service, and returns your calls and ships you parts. But as far as I am concerned he is a jerk.
I will give him 14 days from today to contact me. If he does not contact me and give me a firm plan of action I will file a suit. Then he will have to drive or fly to vernal to apear in Uintah County Court.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
He isn't going to deal with this. You will have to take him to court. The guy is a scum bag. He has posted a few times and I know he knows about it. Last summer through christmas, all you seen was posts frome dave or jake. After new years, not a peep from either of them. I knew something was up. I actually stuck up for them because people were whining about them being on there all the time. I'm just glad my buddy didn't order one for his sled. Glad to see a few guys got something. Hope they throw the key away after the court date. Good luck.

M
Nov 27, 2007
Vernal, UT
anyone that has given dave money needs to contact the consumer protection office of SD. 605-773-4400 as for Ray Clinger. Even if you live in Canada. They said that I'm the only one that has filed a complaint so far. I know of more guys for sure that I have talked to on the phone in the same boat im in.

I am still just stunned that the guy will not even make a phone call and be honest about when things will get made right. I feel I am an honest man and when I do business I do it with my word and a hand shake and then do what I say. So for Dave to have $5090 of mine, then to not even return a phone call is honestly not understandable to me. My mind cannot even wrap around the idea. Then he gets on here and post like he is just one of the boys and not a crook.

I don't know what else to call it other than a theft. He isn't paying me interest on the money I sent him. Isn't that just plane robbery?

newmy1

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Huskerland
It IS theft, nothing less. Federal if he screwed guys from Canada. Wring up the complaints and burn this POS. Hate seeing this stuff!

anyone that has given dave money needs to contact the consumer protection office of SD. 605-773-4400 as for Ray Clinger. Even if you live in Canada. They said that I'm the only one that has filed a complaint so far. I know of more guys for sure that I have talked to on the phone in the same boat im in.

I am still just stunned that the guy will not even make a phone call and be honest about when things will get made right. I feel I am an honest man and when I do business I do it with my word and a hand shake and then do what I say. So for Dave to have $5090 of mine, then to not even return a phone call is honestly not understandable to me. My mind cannot even wrap around the idea. Then he gets on here and post like he is just one of the boys and not a crook.

I don't know what else to call it other than a theft. He isn't paying me interest on the money I sent him. Isn't that just plane robbery?

X

X2Freeride

Jan 25, 2009
The pissing match over Ralph's sled can go on and on. People wanted an explanation. I gave out an explanation of professional and personal set backs (not excuses). Simple as that. Some want to continue to stir the pot and read between the lines and come up with their own delusions of what has/is been going on. I will continue on and will continue to develop new ideas and apply what I learned in a positive manner. All the negative only brings us all down.

Dave

Bruce from PSI is that you? First of all who starts a business on someone else dime?!?! What did you go to the Bruce Kulhammer PSI school of business AKA how to be a con artist? You seem to have taken up right where he left off. ... You dont take people's money to finance the building of a product you claim is ready to ship, and then use the money to buy the parts you need for what your doing... then not be able to deliver a product because you did ZERO R and D on it and it doesn't work. Why should your customers who payed you money for a supposedly working product have to wait for something you said was ready to ship because of problems you created yourself. No business that wants to be a business for more than a year does anything like this... NO ONE... You know why? because they would NEVER take money for a product that's not waiting in a box ready to go out the door that they know works...

All those personal issues you had in your life Dave dont have a damn thing at all to do with you not delivering products, not returning phone calls, and not returning their money they are just excuses in a ploy to try to buy more time... Again a page right out of Bruce at PSI's book. That loser still owes me money from 1998 for a set of cylinders.

Also I have seen some other threads where your calling people out and *****ing about stuff. Are you kidding me? If I were you Id spend a little less time on here *****ing and a little more time trying get the people that have been waiting months on end a finished product or their money back... You sure can take an awful lot of time out of your day to be on here make posts of excuses and call outs but you cant take 5 minutes to pick up the phone and call anyone back? Come on its time to man up.

I have to say your lucky so far Dave, the people that you owe money or a product to seem to be pretty level headed and patient. If it were me and it had been 5 months past the delivery date, Id be there at that shop of yours or your house to get the money owed to me or be taking home something of equal value to what I was owed one way or another...

Id say its time to cut your loses pay people back, and find another avenue to peruse because your name is ruined in the snowmobile industry. I personally wouldn't buy a open end wrench from you. Also if you take the time to post some long winded reply to this your just further proving my point. I hope you wake up tomorrow and decided to do the right thing Dave.

L

Lynxman

Sep 20, 2009
I too ordered a kit from Dave and payed in full in october.
Have had some contact with him on email and phone, but only
rearly does he answer. The last month and a half I can't get a hold of him on either
phone or mail.
So from me also, where is my kit Dave and I've not forgotten
about you so don't you forget about me....

J

jsandgren10

Jan 17, 2008
Northern California
I don't know why you guys continue to wait for a kit. I would be over there talking to a lawyer taking him to court and getting back everything I can from him. I wouldn't even want the kit since his service sucks so when you have a problem with the kit when you do get it, good luck ever getting a replacement part or help from him. You could have a higher quality kit through Turbo Performance that has 100x better customer service and a kit to your doorstep within days.

I just hope you guys got some sort of written documentation of the kit promised when money was sent.

Ive read any reply he had, and not one was worth anything. They were all excuses. I just couldn't sit back letting someone take my money spend it on something else and give me the finger without at least taking some legal action against him.

M
Nov 27, 2007
Vernal, UT
I tried to contact Dave today and both his numbers have been disconnected.
Then I got this in the mail today. So I think I am going to do it.

4709963529_4c22bcbcba_b.jpg

Premium Features