• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

POV Cam Mounting Options

A
Have a ContourHD1080p, currently using the flat surface mount on the helmet.
I'd like to get a couple other options for mounting this cam, curious where folks have mounted the camera and what types of mounts. I'd like to at least get a mount that faces the rider but can't tell how people mount the cam to get those shots. Don't mind getting the universal 1/4"-20 adapter, seen many of the those mounts, but don't want to waste money on something that won't work.

Thanks!

Engine Pro 5x

Premium Member
Sep 20, 2009
KANSAS
If you mount the camera anyplace besides on your helmet the vibration will make a clear picture pretty tough to get. Just speeking from past experience >>>>.

A

A4pdot

Jan 30, 2008
North Vancouver
I am also looking for other options to mount these cameras. It gets boring looking at the same shot all the time. I have seen some guys mount them on a pole sticking out of their back pack, but don't know exactly how they are doing it.

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
I have the go pro hd moto and it comes with a suction cup that is rated to 150 miles per hr and can go on any smooth surface. that is how i did this video. i also rigged up my own helmet mount to shoot back at me and was asked to post a photo...this one is when I used it mountain biking. This is not an easy mount to figure out or ride with but I like the outcome...in this photo I tried a single tri pod I had but it is super heavy especially when extended..

Here is the mtb vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPN6JE64bnw

I used one of those kids bike flags for bikes and cut it in three and duck taped it together and then taped the go pro onto it facing backwards....cheers dave
PS Get ready to laugh....:)

e7b149.jpg

I have posted this sled vid but will do again to show you some of the angles..again these take time but if your willing there are a lot of cool angles and things you can capture...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQ54rm6EdC8

A
Awesome, thanks for taking the time to post that info! I watched one of your vids in the XP section, that's what made me want to get some cooler shots.

For one of the shots it looked like you had it mounted on the front bumper, or was that the suction mount?

Thanks again!

Anyone else??

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Yeah sorry, I used both one with the suction on the front hood(smoothest part and one like the photo above but with the flag, the photo above is the first attempt and it worked but it is heavy...the flag works better...your very welcome...now I expect to see some out there design from you! all the best dave

Backcountrypro

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Here is video from my Vio Sport POV camera. I mounted it to my backpack shovel. I kick the shovel out to the side to get the over the shoulder look. I had to make some adjustment holes in the handle so I would get the right angle. Look at my shadow in the movie, you can see the shovel handle and camera set up.

Enjoy!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUsLEKwLfBo

Premium Features