• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sled cover

Yaeger34

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2015
St cloud mn
Where can you find a reasonable price canvas cover for the 155 axys. I had one that lasted about 2 trips before it ripped to shreds. It needs to be hauled on an open trailer for 10,000+ plus miles a year. Just don't want to pay $230 for another to rip to shreds. Do plan on putting like pipe foam on the running boards so that razor sharp rail doesnt shred it to pieces.

aksledjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2014
Alaska
I've had good luck with my canvas cover but that foam is a good idea. I bet you could get some throw away shipping foam that comes on the new sleds from your local dealer.

Yaeger34

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2015
St cloud mn
dollar dollar bills man. Pretty hard to pull an enclosed 2000 miles per trip with a 2000 half ton silverado. Thing pulls our open 4place pretty decent with 4-5 sleds. Rather have the axys than a $60k truck and trailer combo.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
dollar dollar bills man. Pretty hard to pull an enclosed 2000 miles per trip with a 2000 half ton silverado. Thing pulls our open 4place pretty decent with 4-5 sleds. Rather have the axys than a $60k truck and trailer combo.

That long of trips I would put a tarp wrapped tight around a stock cover and under the track and ski's.

Put one of those bungee spider webs tight over the whole thing to keep flapping down.

Or just buy a shrink wrap propane burner and shrink wrap it each time.
Probably be 10-15 bucks each wrap.

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
I like your priorities. I've had the best luck with the stock Polaris duck canvas covers (not the poly ones). Put the pipe insulation on the running boards (3/4", if I remember correctly). Also use the insulation on your upper A-arms. Put on a hood liner, or at least a terry cloth towel. Also wrap a bungee cord around at the front of the seat and you should be good to go.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
LOL, I own an enclosed trailer but was thinking about getting a deck for the out west trips. Double the millage sure sounds nice for the long 3,500 mile BC trips.
I just sold my enclosed trailer last week and bought a Truckboss deck. Hoping the trips will be quicker and easier, not having to drag a trailer. Still undecided if I should cover or not...

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
I just sold my enclosed trailer last week and bought a Truckboss deck. Hoping the trips will be quicker and easier, not having to drag a trailer. Still undecided if I should cover or not...

After seeing a few covered in crap I would cover them. At least when you are traveling from MN. I bet when you are just running around the mtns you would not need too. But it seems like most I see on the interstate are covered.

rp2000r

Lifetime Membership
Sep 28, 2011
Bothell, WA
Is the Polaris Duck cover the most heavy duty Polaris offers?
Gotta cover those boards or no cover will last!

Ron Burgandy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 21, 2012
I put a sheet of plastic moisture barrier made for behind sheetrock on first, than whatever cover I have laying around over that, usually an old rev cover fits pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rags319

Lifetime Membership
Dec 14, 2009
Cedar Rapids, Ia
I bought a sno-skin couple years ago and had a polaris duck one before that. Already had to have it repaired and zipper won't stay closed. Wish I would of went with polaris one again. Thing lasted a long time. I travel about 4-5 tho a year. Just wish it had a soft liner sewn in like ski-do covers

A
Jan 6, 2017
Alaska
Or just get new boards... Those stock Poo ones cost me a LOT of money and a little bit of blood from shredding gear and myself on them. That being said, I've never had an issue with the standard Polaris cover and I trailer at least 150 miles for most riding I do.

dboe03

Lifetime Membership
Mar 31, 2014
Fargo, ND
I’ve had one shred too. After it tore, I brought to some little old ladies that do tarp, canvas, basically any sewing you can come up with. Had them go over it and reinforce a lot of the seams. Been two years since and it has been just fine. I do make sure it’s tight to keep any flapping to a minimum.

bryceraisanen

Lifetime Membership
Mar 5, 2011
Have had good luck with Polaris covers. Last one went on probably 15-20 trips out west from MN before shredding.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Premium Features