• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

LAG. 290mcx at 12 psi 2012 Apex XTX

Dec 11, 2007
TORONTO, ONTARIO
Alright, here's an issue I've come to live with when riding normally....but, out on the lake (btw, I'm a flatlander) when I pin on it (out of the hole or when moving) the lag is bad enough that the Sidewinder I'm with will pull away right away.
I contribute this to maybe clutching.
Set up as follows.
GForce weights loaded to 92 grams...fairly flat profile.
WGW 40 2.25 111
52-46 helix
white secondary at 3-3
25-37 gears, 1" track (144")

Pulls hard, works good on the trail. Clutches stay cool.

Ideas? Trying to stay away from the EPI Purple sec spring!
Thanks

Dec 11, 2007
TORONTO, ONTARIO
more info...
Have Innovate SCG1 controller....set at 32% waste gate and spring pressure at 7.5 and played with GAIN....what I think is when it is at 18% it might spool (correct word?) quicker and at 20% I think it would hit rev limiter....

Last edited:

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
Is your apex a mid mount or rear mount kit? My rear mount already being bad for lag, had even worse lag, the first test is plug your exhaust with your hand, Ideally the sled should stall out, Means your exhaust is sealing well, if it idles down and sputters, well you have a leak somewhere but maybe It wont be the end of the world, if it idles just fine with exhaust plugged then you have a leak you really need to fix, Of course any leak is not a good leak, in my case my muffler is rusty and I know its leaking a bit from that.

Second thing if the exhaust passes the test, is a boost leak, I was surprised at how that really caused extreme lag, but go figures right?

I went to a hardware store and got a PVC pipe cap that would fit into my intake for where the turbo sucks air, I then drilled a hole and threaded in my air fitting, its a pipe thread and plastics somewhat soft it made a good seal. I turned down my compressed air to about 20 PSI and could hear it hissing all over. you may need to rotate your crank by your clutch by hand to get it it to where it wont leak through a cylinder due to valve over lap. My throttle bodies leak, which you can't really fix, a small leak but what can you do lol,

Dec 11, 2007
TORONTO, ONTARIO
Mine's a 2012...so I believe they call them mid mount.
I understand what you're saying about leaks...I'd test that this summer, but I'm going to tear it all apart and install rods and pistons.
I'll pay close attention to detail when I put it together to make sure there are no leaks.
Thanks for your input.

H

HANDSOME

Nov 28, 2007
Pouce Coupe
Mine's a 2012...so I believe they call them mid mount.
I understand what you're saying about leaks...I'd test that this summer, but I'm going to tear it all apart and install rods and pistons.
I'll pay close attention to detail when I put it together to make sure there are no leaks.
Thanks for your input.

Sorry to hijack this but how long did it take to catch the Winder :face-icon-small-win ? I want a 11 or newer apex for the power steering....and boost lol

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
Try a GWG spring, flat profile weights get lazy if they don't have a stiff spring. The other thing that helps is a reverse helix. Let the boost build before you shift up. Took my 43 out of my boosted Viper and put a 40/46 in, do the math to guess on one for yours. Dalton sells them

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
Could be exhaust leak for sure, or maybe a combination of a boost leak too, Give mcx usa a call and I'd bet he'd have a good idea on what clutching you should be running. my Apex always had lag of 2-3 seconds, It really depended on how long it was running and such.

Climbmax

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2001
Big Mountains of B.C.
Those kits with the exhaust valve had decent holeshot compared to the previous models. But the pipe was titatnium and distorted easily. Check the head pipe as I imagine its leaking there.
Cheers
RS

Premium Features