• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BOONDOCKER -XM'S

U

Ultralord

Nov 26, 2007
Auburn WA
I am going to his clinic the second week in march I will get some video and a leg over his sled and get you a report. I know the owner of BD rides with Brett so I am sure that his sleds are the best that BD can do. I had some issues with bd on A t apex that I did when I did The T nytro got the kit from powderlites and had almost no issues then I did a M8 with ovs and had a lot of issues. But the common theme amoung the issues were incomplete kits oh this is extra or that is extra but you have to have it to make it work.

A

am bush

Jan 15, 2008
turbo video boondocker

Not much yet on the video action, hope to see something this year,now with impulse in the game , should make things alittle more exciting, would love to see a xm shoot out, say aero, impulse, tss, turbo boys, boondocker, silber.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
I have Bret's sled from the Schooled 5 video. I picked it up from him back in October. The thing run's like a champ. I have it set on 5# at 3500' and the controller adjusts from there. I run straight 110. The sled is clutched for about 210 hp. I have had 0 issues. Has better low end than my stock XM and I don't have any bog issues when I am chopping the throttle. Tony Jenkins logged over 2000 miles on his with no failures or issues. I don't care enough to make movie of how the sled runs but I am easy to find in the Washington area if you want to see the sled perform in person :) I think the price has more to do with why you don't see them and has nothing to do with how well they perform.

H

HANDSOME

Nov 28, 2007
Pouce Coupe
I have a buddy with a tss turbo on an xm installed late in the season by tss . He has a turbo nytro as welland is fussy about his stuff.I saw one of his videos and it ran crisp at 7 lbs .He is extremely happy with it.If I could afford a kit for my xm it would be tss . Another guy from here has a tss xm with 30 rides on it and not a lick of trouble at 10 lbs.

R
Aug 30, 2008
That video didnt show anything! Lol... I have been around both turbo performance and Boondocker xm's, and the boondocker just seem to work better. From coming down a steed downhill and blipping the throttle to turn back uphill, the BD is always spot on! I have been around Tonys skidoo, and it flat runs perfect. All the other guys that have BD xm's, just run good.

Show us all videos of the turbo Performance in some serious technical riding. My old snojet could have performed the same as that TP xm.

S
Jan 10, 2008
Victor Idaho
Bolt on and plug & play

I'm not a big poster but.....
But Boondockers XM turbo kit ROCKS
quick response
Wicked power and fast
No problems
Everything is in the boxes
Clutching and fueling all done for you
You don't hear from us cause we are riding!!

You won't be disappointed

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
I cant trust pump gas who knows whats in it

Usually GAS. It's what 99% of us sledders run in our sleds. Don't buy from some podunk station, buy from the same place every time, and go RIDE YOUR SLED.

I've got about 10k miles with 50-75% 91 mixed with 100 or 112, running 12-14 psi. The only time I've lost a top end was from a fuel pump that failed mid pull. The idea that people need to be scared of fuel is idiotic, just buy from an intelligent source, and pay attention to your sled.

I'd definitely like to run with a TP & BD turbo on the same day, it would be curious to compare runnability, octane needs at = boost, and see what kind of power they make side by side. The setups I've ridden have been less than hugely impressive, to the point that I wouldn't boost another sled now that I'm on a doo, but I'd REALLY like to have my mind changed :D

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Usually GAS. It's what 99% of us sledders run in our sleds. Don't buy from some podunk station, buy from the same place every time, and go RIDE YOUR SLED.

I've got about 10k miles with 50-75% 91 mixed with 100 or 112, running 12-14 psi. The only time I've lost a top end was from a fuel pump that failed mid pull. The idea that people need to be scared of fuel is idiotic, just buy from an intelligent source, and pay attention to your sled.

I'd definitely like to run with a TP & BD turbo on the same day, it would be curious to compare runnability, octane needs at = boost, and see what kind of power they make side by side. The setups I've ridden have been less than hugely impressive, to the point that I wouldn't boost another sled now that I'm on a doo, but I'd REALLY like to have my mind changed :D

Riding with Rasmussen at Island Park (7-9k) they are running pump gas at about 7-8#. My sled had issues one day there where I get a det code riding at 7 k so we added a gallon of race to a full tank and had no issues after that. Back home where I am only 3-6 k I run straight 110 and don't have any issues. It's so hard to compare turbos because it just seems like there is just too many variables involved. You are never going to get a side by side comparison because I honestly have never seen 2 turbos running the same set up. They are like snow flakes :) You just have to pick one and toy with your set up and once you are happy with the performance you are getting you just stick with it. I don't know what kind of HP you are hoping for but it seems to me a turbo is just worth not having the HP loss at the elevations you ride at. You have to be at least losing 30 hp? Bret is only looking for 200-210 hp with the riding they do. There is no need for 300 hp unless you are trying to get into a Thunderstruck video :face-icon-small-hap

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Considering the cost of a kit, I do honestly expect more than that. To me a pump gas turbo is a waste of $$, it's barely more than a good running big bore, but costs way more & has more to deal with.

If I boost, I expect the 240+ range, it's not about "need"... none of this has ANYTHING to do with need :D it's about giggling like a moron & laughing your azz off all day long. The idea of being "practical" in a sport like this is such an oxymoron to me that it just doesn't compute.

I want 12 or better psi, and I want good runnability like I'm used to, that's all. I know you can't compare sleds exactly, but give me two sleds running a minimum of 10 or so on the same day, and you can sure tell which one you want to deal with on a regular basis & which makes more real power.

G
Apr 23, 2008
Considering the cost of a kit, I do honestly expect more than that. To me a pump gas turbo is a waste of $$, it's barely more than a good running big bore, but costs way more & has more to deal with.

If I boost, I expect the 240+ range, it's not about "need"... none of this has ANYTHING to do with need :D it's about giggling like a moron & laughing your azz off all day long. The idea of being "practical" in a sport like this is such an oxymoron to me that it just doesn't compute.

I want 12 or better psi, and I want good runnability like I'm used to, that's all. I know you can't compare sleds exactly, but give me two sleds running a minimum of 10 or so on the same day, and you can sure tell which one you want to deal with on a regular basis & which makes more real power.

6 psi on a 3071 is dead on 240..Stock head sea level. 108 octane.100%.
been there done that..

not so true for ??? exactly

Last edited:

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
G
Apr 23, 2008
Whatever Impulse is using is what I would be begging to get my hands on..
Not a single e torch turbo in new england.. NOT 1. they wont live past 3 psi.
they have all cooked pistons from det..

would LOVE to have the impulse stand alone to save just 1 poor torch from the tow rope.. at least if they want to be repsectable.. come on 3 psi is soo poor..

Premium Features