• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2013/14 XM turbo kit options

B

bacon1

Sep 10, 2008
Frenchy did the same thing with his 2012 intake. Not sure if he got a remap, but his bottom end didn't change much either, he runs way different numbers on the boost it box compared to all the 2013 TSS sleds. What are you using for reeds?

I haven't touched the box at all since they set it up. As for reeds I'm still running the stockers.

B

bacon1

Sep 10, 2008
Can you elaborate on what your saying here? My friend has a 12' Etec and got a TSS kit early last season (before snow) we struggled with cleaning up the bottom end and wasn't very responsive. Should he be getting his sled reflashed to the 13' stock map and sending his Boost-it box back for a new map???

I talked to Neil at Boost it. He told me there is a software update but he wasn't sure it make much difference with the etec. He also suggested running a little less Av to help clean up the bottom end. The software update is under $100 if you're interested. I think I'll probably get it done myself.

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Frenchy did the same thing with his 2012 intake. Not sure if he got a remap, but his bottom end didn't change much either, he runs way different numbers on the boost it box compared to all the 2013 TSS sleds. What are you using for reeds?

Where is the difference coming from then? Is there a new map for the Boost-it box that needs to be changed? What are you running for reeds? Did Dave change the clutching any from 12 to 13??

Backcountrypro

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
On my Turbo Performance Etec I have no issues on the bottom end throttle response. This is with the Boost it controler. If it wasn't for the turbo pipe coming out of the hood you would think it is stock.

T

teamthunderf**ked

Jan 11, 2009
cherry point ab
from 12-13 bombi had to have xhanged something because the 13 runs way better on boost and seems more powerful on top end to. fuel mapping compression squish maybe they even changed there injecters something is different from 12-13

D
Sep 17, 2009
Foam Lake SK Canada
Dave did make some new ramps for the primary, and I'm pretty sure there is a new map for the boost it as well, but something changed from 12-13 for sure. The 13 tss xm's are unreal. And the new instaboost kits are supposed to be even better. I seriously don't know how it could be better. My xm was amazingly clean on the bottom. I could get a pile of testimonials from people that rode my sled.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Had a chance to ride the Boonedocker XM turbo last year a couple of days. It was passed around to 8-10 people all day. It ran perfect, super clean throttle response, great power up top on 7-8lbs running pump premium. No tuning at all. One day a guy had a Quick drive failure and Jared had him ride back to the trailer and fetch the XM. Just gassed it and rode all day. Also, BD uses very high quality parts, no random "where do they make those?" turbos etc.

K
Oct 8, 2013
Hanging out at Denver snow and silber has a sick looking xm setup. If it performs like they say no one can even compete with their innovation and craftsmanship. Big thanks for answering all my questions.

M
Dec 3, 2008
Grande Prairie AB
I put over 3000kms on my aerochager last year. 13xm 154. no bogg at all. runs like stock at the bottom and builds quick and smooth. very responsive. what I like about the aerocharger is that I can set when it will start to build boost. not sure if others do this. also the tuning was simple and after setup I never touched it. put the snow to air intercooler in part way through the year and it was definitely worth it. I wouldn't buy one without. I also wouldn't make the mistake of thinking you are going to run a pump gas turbo. that lasted 2 rides and it was up to 10lbs with av gas. Everyone that rode my sled was amazed at the mannerisms of the turbo. my kids 9 and 7 ride it around with no problem as it is very smooth.

D
Jan 9, 2008
Full Power Performance

We are running a full power etec turbo this year.
You may have seen it at Haydays,it was part of the IceAge Performance booth.
It has been trail tested for 2 years on premium pump gas,for 2 season's.
We will be running it in trail form (190hp) for most of the season.
At the end of the season we are going to turn up the boost (300-350 hp)
change out the track to full chisels,re-clutch it ,change to full race gas .
It will compete on the SHCRA Hill Climb circuit.It will run in the the 1250 power adder class.
There are some very fast sleds running against us
600 hp apex motored nytro with a rear mounted turbo.
D&D prepared artic cat turbo with there complete motor up-grade 30 psi of boost 144 " chisel track

1475 watercraft powered Polaris IQ 163"
and many more

You can follow us along on facebook
bustedknucklesracing
We will keep you updated on our page.

Premium Features