• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Gps maps for Snowmobile trails

Schanny

Lifetime Membership
Sep 28, 2010
Went to the website. it says... SledGPS is no longer available for purchase. wonder whats up? anyone else making good maps?

Steelman

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2009
snowexhaust.ggb.ca
Went to the website. it says... SledGPS is no longer available for purchase. wonder whats up? anyone else making good maps?

I got the same thing. I have been looking all morning for another place, but no luck. Red Pine Mapping does not have anything for west and also no way to contact them to find out if and when they will.

I would like to find a place that has pre-loaded maps on card and just plug and play. Anyone, let me know if you know of anyone. Thanks

C

CForest

Nov 23, 2010
Montana
Does anyone have an update on this? Would like to have something other than just roads on my gps.

blown addiction

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2007
Pocatello
cell phone app

Polaris linked up with SLedgps and has an app called Rider X, you can log in as a guest, It has all the trails. They have one app for snow, red colored app and a blue green one for dirt trails. If you can stomach seeing a Polaris add each time you open it it is a free app and works with your phones GPS.

C

CForest

Nov 23, 2010
Montana
The rider-x system looks nice, just too bad there wasn't a way to get them on a handheld gps. At least a guy can have a map on the phone for a backup though. Pretty sweet system for axys folks!

aerochip

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Sep 4, 2014
Utah
I use Gaia GPS app on my iPhone. You can download maps and the iPhone GPS is pretty good.

idahosledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
I use an app called back country navigator. It's a paid app but well worth it. Can save maps for offline use. Can purchase add ons to show snowmobile trails, etc.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

R
Dec 23, 2014
Watertown, SD
i have a few .kmz trail maps for GPS

I have taken the state trail maps for a select few riding areas and manually overlaid on Earth. Its a slow process to align the image. I have Black Hills, Snowies, and Big Horns .kmz files you can load on your Garmin.

I would love to trade for any others anyone has made. Especially looking for Continental Divide/Togwotee area.

H
Feb 11, 2016
Rabbit Ears Garmin Maps

I used to use the overlay .kmz image method. However, the maps never really line up with the GPS due to projections and such. I have a .kmz for Rabbit Ears and North Routt, which are decent approximations.

After getting frustrated with those, I started down the path of creating actual Garmin maps that you could load into BaseCamp, onto your handheld, etc. It turns out that even if you have the requisite data, creating maps is non-trivial. And one of the key programs seems to have recently disappeared off the 'net meaning I'm using another program that isn't yet as fully featured, so working through that.

So far I've got the Rabbit Ears area for Steamboat Springs, CO, created. It shows the non-motorized and permit backcountry access areas, as well as has all the groomed and ungroomed trails. It has no topo features, one would have to get your own topo maps and overlay the trails on top of that.

The maps themselves are accurate, but there's plenty of minor details that still need to be cleaned up, everything from copyrights to getting the name of the map to show up correctly on the device, but at least the data is there and labeled.

C
Feb 13, 2017
Any updates on for this thread on maps for the Togwotee area? I can find very good trail maps for almost every place I ride except this area for some reason. Tried to load a kmz file onto my garmin montana after doing an overlay but it's not showing up.

Premium Features