• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Areocharger etec install, so far looking sweet...

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
want to thank HIGHroller for the turbo reeds for his kits he sold me and threw in a EXTRA set for my own aerocharger unit

ran the sled today in lower elevation with 415ramps at 9.5lbs with shockwave turned out 4.75 turns(around 58degrees:scared:) on clicker two, with 4300engagment, it seamed to light turbo somewhat quicker than ever before, and fuel controller set on low fuel side, no ulgy noises and pulled very hard, might try gearing up to 24-49, looking forward to try out in higher elevations, ...watching the air fuel or boost gauges can be dangerous to health:heh:
i think i could be real happy at this hp if the sled can handle it, and spool up stays quick or we can get quicker for the trees.... driven a few tnitros, and other older turbo 800rs, and this is a different animal... just dont blow up now:face-icon-small-hap

Nice read fred....a few tidbits...

1) the stock gear for a 163 is 21/49 with a 106 chain...23/49 should be worth 8-10 mph ground speed...KEEP plastic donut in primary spring cup area with ALL turbos...keeps the sheaves from bashing each other to death with 200+ hp

2) the str. shock wave is adj from 34-56 degrees (4.75 turns out is 51 degrees)...the reverse angle shock wave would be 51/55ish at 4.75 turns out

3) I would highly recomend the hyvo set up...2 to 1 ratio is a solid ratio...your 24/49 will be close...the 13/15 link chains are weak vs the hyvo...

4) I would make a cold air intake (elbo/snorkel/frogskin covered intake tube)...this will help your intercooler delete mod alot...

5) the turbo reeds are mandatory...-BJ

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
good to know, i was told that the stock 163 etec came with a 104chain, your reply of the 106 chain makes more sense because i was able to gear up to a 23 tooth and not change the chain, i will get that hyvo chain on oder once i figure the turbo out a bit more

as for the shockwave it is a straight angle so it would of been around the 51degrees, and yes i got some ideas this weekend for the snorkal

as for the turbo reeds would you replace all reeds with the boyseens or just the damged ones, i heard of guys do both with good luck??

thanks again

Nice read fred....a few tidbits...

1) the stock gear for a 163 is 21/49 with a 106 chain...23/49 should be worth 8-10 mph ground speed...KEEP plastic donut in primary spring cup area with ALL turbos...keeps the sheaves from bashing each other to death with 200+ hp

2) the str. shock wave is adj from 34-56 degrees (4.75 turns out is 51 degrees)...the reverse angle shock wave would be 51/55ish at 4.75 turns out

3) I would highly recomend the hyvo set up...2 to 1 ratio is a solid ratio...your 24/49 will be close...the 13/15 link chains are weak vs the hyvo...

4) I would make a cold air intake (elbo/snorkel/frogskin covered intake tube)...this will help your intercooler delete mod alot...

5) the turbo reeds are mandatory...-BJ

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
weekend update at revy or yammi fest

turbo etec had its share of problems, just farting and poping on day one, everything i could try with the fuel new fuel controller, and vane adjustment would not help, seamed to run ok at lower rpm, but air/fuel was to lean

day two i wasted the day troubleshooting problem, pulled reeds, checked bellows and raves, checked engine compression, all conections, replaced fuel, replaced donuts and nothing appeared wrong, then started sled and it died shortly after...no spark what soever i would try and could not start:face-icon-small-dis

found out today that the stock iginition coil was faulty, and this could of been the issue for all the issues before:face-icon-small-coo

so after all the disapointment, i did here from more than one there was a m800 with a twisted turbo, working all sorts of four stroke turbos with all sorts of mods, and not by a bit, but a long shot, estimated that he had close to 90mph track speed if not more climbing all sorts of shoots with great spool... this was a aerocharger running 12lbs boost on a 174 by 2.5 track

thank god for the 880bb once again, had a good third day

B

badass1000

Nov 27, 2007
Meridian, ID
twisted turbo runing a aerocharger???

Definatly get all those stock reeds out and replace them with boyesen turbo reeds.

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
weekend update at revy or yammi fest

turbo etec had its share of problems, just farting and poping on day one, everything i could try with the fuel new fuel controller, and vane adjustment would not help, seamed to run ok at lower rpm, but air/fuel was to lean

day two i wasted the day troubleshooting problem, pulled reeds, checked bellows and raves, checked engine compression, all conections, replaced fuel, replaced donuts and nothing appeared wrong, then started sled and it died shortly after...no spark what soever i would try and could not start:face-icon-small-dis

found out today that the stock iginition coil was faulty, and this could of been the issue for all the issues before:face-icon-small-coo

so after all the disapointment, i did here from more than one there was a m800 with a twisted turbo, working all sorts of four stroke turbos with all sorts of mods, and not by a bit, but a long shot, estimated that he had close to 90mph track speed if not more climbing all sorts of shoots with great spool... this was a aerocharger running 12lbs boost on a 174 by 2.5 track

thank god for the 880bb once again, had a good third day
Umm, Fred, is this the 2 smoker giving the yammys a run for their money you heard about? its actually a pro rmk w/a HM turbo @9pds, spinning a 162-3' extreme....sounds like it runs very good...

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=267130

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
no. i was told it was a m8, with the twisted areocharger running 12lbs, he dumped his charger air to the hot pipe, stimulating next charge, from the vids i seen it stood out, probally running a strong 250hp, but sled is 150lbs lighter, and had great spool

as far as for the etec turbo, sled was out this weekend running and i was told it ran sweet, but i was not around to verify

L

lightening800

Sep 4, 2004
northern alberta
i dont think shain has ever used a aerocharger turbo for his kits, have ran a few of them and all have been garret, maybe its a heinz 57 kit of some kind??

Premium Features