• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Torn and missing lugs on G4 tracks

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Im impressed with durability vs my xm..1400miles lots of brush but no rocks and track looks great

b-litt

Premium Member
Aug 21, 2012
McCall, ID
m.youtube.com
Same issue with mine. I have six lugs with a clean 3" split or slice that's vertical. I've never seen a track do this. All other tracks I've seen have chunks missing or tears where you can see that it was caused by a rock or tree. I have two of those. I could be wrong, but the slices look to be more of a defect in the track. Other guys I ride with have similar miles and riding style with no splits. A few missing lugs or chunks like I would expect. I'm at just over 1,500 miles on it...

2Thetopp

Lifetime Membership
5 tore lugs.. looks like someone cut vertically with a razor blade...

I have 4 torn lugs also look like there cut with razor blade just in middle lugs sound like a bigger problem to me

Never leave your sled alone, those Polaris guys will sneak up and slice your paddles with razor blades trying to make it look like there's a durability problem, to make them feel better. :face-icon-small-sho Strange that it happens to some and others are fine, kinda like the belt issue.

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
Over the Years I had a Polaris 4 track shed paddles -- a challenger extreme delaminate and a Powder-claw with severe tooth decay as well. In general the softer compounds last better due to the flexibility. Anything that can flex out of the way survives easier than if there is no give.

S

simbatheking

Feb 5, 2010
invermere bc
Hey I'm Looking for a 3" damaged track. I'm looking for one to cut down for my snowbike. I'm looking for a track that has 130" that is still usable. What would u want for it? I'm from invermere but go to Calgary often and could ship it there.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
I have been more abusive to my sleds this year than ever, hit rocks at WFO that I thought for sure tore a track, but no damage. The paddles have scratches on them, but no cracks or tears.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
I have been more abusive to my sleds this year than ever, hit rocks at WFO that I thought for sure tore a track, but no damage. The paddles have scratches on them, but no cracks or tears.

Have you had to tighten up the track adjusters more with your 850 or the same as the XM?

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
I e got over 700 on my boosted 850. I know I've hit a few things with my track. It's held up really well. Only one lug with minor damage.

snoblind04

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Western Wyoming
I had a torn lug about a month ago, thought it was my fault, but two weeks ago I had another and I know I didn't hit anything. Then after last sat's ride I'm missing more on both sides of the track. I've been careful not to ride fast down the trail and the snow had plenty of lubrication. Not real happy with the track right now.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Polaris riders are posting about issues with their 2.6 tracks too. Lightweight tracks seem to have limited lifespan....

M
Mar 16, 2011
Torn & missing lugs/paddles

I recently noticed I am missing several lugs and many lugs are split vertically. Also, track has delaminated in a couple of places. Anyone else have track damage on their 2018's. 154 x 3" track.

M
Dec 14, 2013
no warranty to be had.. doo says its from riding hard packed trails and a wear item, tracks are only good for a couple seasons now days i guess, that must be in the fine print haha

anyone running the conquer 280?

G
Feb 9, 2014
Shuswap
My track is missing at least half a dozen lugs completely. Right down to the fabric belting. Many others are half missing, split vertically or are cracking along the base.
The track is pretty much done imo. I'll be replacing it in the fall. It has 4500k on it.
For comparison sake, my 9500k xm track is pretty much like new. It is a 2.5" though.
The sled is currently in for other warranty work, and the dealer tried to claim the track as well. BRP denied it.

Premium Features