• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who's still riding an XP?

W
Nov 10, 2010
Yes! Break your track. If that's not enough cut the paddles vertically in line with the break. I did that to my wife's sled and it changed her world. She's confident enough to make a turn back uphill on steep stuff even when it is do or die. It really makes a big difference.

Thanks!!

K
Nov 27, 2007
Washington
Nope. It's easy. Drill the fiberglass rods from the inside of the track opposite the paddles then break them with a big crescent wrench. I think I drilled right next to the driver lugs.

T
Jan 12, 2010
BC
It's going to take alot more than a sled on a stand reving the motor to impress me. It did sound good though but I like to make it back to the truck without a rope.

Yes in action would be better. Hopefully get some shots of the e-tec this winter. You won't see many of them cause of the work that goes into the motor a lot of machining. But the builder make bomber stuff. The p tek bb I got right now from him is running close to 195hp on pump gas.

wardy

Premium Member
Jun 7, 2008
Central point Oregon
Still riding mine.
2011 etec
T3 front and t3 rear relocate
2.5 flex edge
Next tec float rear skid
Dj turbo clutching
Silber turbo
Munster finger throttle
Boss
42a3d265df00aed9d84b64c0baedd295.jpg
a89cd4edbb495983dd8f2d86a3e7bb1b.jpg
6bc00fa9466791f6c85edf30a51214c1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

duncan76

Lifetime Membership
Aug 16, 2013
central 509
Yes in action would be better. Hopefully get some shots of the e-tec this winter. You won't see many of them cause of the work that goes into the motor a lot of machining. But the builder make bomber stuff. The p tek bb I got right now from him is running close to 195hp on pump gas.

What cc are you at with his build?

T
Jan 12, 2010
BC
Well the girl forgot girl forgot to leave her key for her sled. I think she really wanted to ride my 16 t3, so I now get to ride my old bb xp for the Xmas break. 195hp of fun.

IMG_1763.jpg

F
Dec 3, 2007
I put too much time and money into this sled. Every mod has shown improvement. It's basically an XM in XP plastic. Have to keep riding it until I decide to get a gen4
2012 SP 154 originally
Floats up front
BM boards
Removed stock stirrups and installed XM stirrups. Cut doors flush.
163 Camo extreme flexed
VanAmburg Tunnel extension
Timbersled skid with Exit shocks
T3 front end with oilite bushings
Powder Pro skis
T3 skid relocate
C3 post forward mod
KPA turbo with external wastegate
Dobek box
Custom snorkel intake
Upper airbox delete
DJ clutching
Quick Clickers but I never change positions
Full vent kit
Rox handguards
I got carried away building this sled. Bought it used cheap so I figured it's cheaper to build a bad azz sled this way than from new. A good bunch of the parts were bargains, used or Ebay.
I have found that I really enjoy building sleds.
My current project is an 04 rev. I love the Rev chassis. It's just about ready to hit the snow again.
It's getting a Racers Edge skid with fox float center and titanium sprung zero pro rear shocks. 163 x 2.5 OEM skidoo track. 9t 2.86 drivers. Stretched chaincase. 19:48 gears. DJ clutching with roller secondary. 07 hollow jackshaft. Eliminator boards. Post Forward mod. Can. When I bought this sled it still had the factory shovel and probe under the hood. Motor is stock for now.
This one has been fun. Parts were cheap except I had to buy new drivers from Avid Products. Most of the stuff was lying around from 10 plus years ago when the Rev's were my primary sled.

rmking700

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2014
Utah
Do you have any.shots of.your intake setup without the upper intake box?

R
Nov 16, 2016
breaking the track ????

Forgive my ignorance..... but can someone explain to me what "breaking the track" means, and what the advantages are?
What handling differences can be expected?

We own one '09 and one '08 800R XP 154"s.

Rick E.

Clutched Films

Lifetime Membership
Breaking Flutes

The older tracks have solid 16" fiberglass rods. Some people drill the rods grab a crescent wrench and break the rod so the track bends outside the rails. Just like a flex edge track. Just like t motion mostly useful for hill climb racers & hard pack / spring snow conditions. Unless you have ridden a sled with tmotion and liked it. I would suggest just buying a new track.

Premium Features