• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Raptor or fox QS3

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
Hello, got a new 850 coming and I'm trying to decide on raptor's or fox qs3 chris burandt series for the front and back. Has anyone tried both shocks ? Any feedback would be appreciated.

tdblakes

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
I haven’t had the QS3s but I did have the Burandt Evol R on my 2015 RMK... this last season I had Raptors on my 2016 Axys... imo the Raptors blow the floats out of the water. They’re silky smooth right from the start and not a hassle to adjust. The floats resisted bottoming well and were smooth once you found the right pressures to run, but the Raptors are another step up. Needless to say I’ll have Raptors on my 850 next season, no question.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Haven't ran the Fox but I have run raptors on my last two sleds and there WILL be another set of Raptors on the next 850!!

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
I only know of one kind of raptor shocks.

Last edited:
S

sledhed21

Dec 19, 2008
QS3 vs Raptor

Add Rebound adjust or don’t ? What is the benefit?
Can Raptor shocks be revalved?

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
I have not owned QS3's but have rode them enough to say I prefer the Raptors, I will not say the Fox is a bad shock because it is not. It is actually a really nice shock and you may prefer the air over the spring. The QS3 just has the quick 3 level adjust which makes it nice compared to the one million adjustments on the non. Not needed for our riding.

The Raptor really shines in the nasty, the straight suck up the hits like they are not there. I prefer the spring overall

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
I had Zbroz X1's on my axys. Then got the 18 valved QS3's. The QS3's are so much better IMO. Smooth like butter where the Zbroz had a lot of bounce. I had Raptors on my old 12 Pro. Liked them a lot better than the Zbroz as well. I do like having the quick adjustment on the QS3's on the rear skid when I need to go up super steep stuff and need to keep the front end down because of the turbo.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
The easy adjust makes the qs3 kind of a must on a turbo sled. Being able to stiffen up the rear shock to keep the front end down is a huge bonus. I love the burrant qs3’s on my turbo axys.

tdblakes

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
Raptor rear shock has a 3 position quick cam adjuster to add/remove preload with just a twist. It works pretty slick...

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fraptorshocks%2Fvideos%2F1356317077807200%2F&show_text=0&width=476" width="476" height="476" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

tdorval

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Red Lodge, MT
I had Zbroz X1's on my axys. Then got the 18 valved QS3's. The QS3's are so much better IMO. Smooth like butter where the Zbroz had a lot of bounce. I had Raptors on my old 12 Pro. Liked them a lot better than the Zbroz as well. I do like having the quick adjustment on the QS3's on the rear skid when I need to go up super steep stuff and need to keep the front end down because of the turbo.

Never ran raptors but my experience between exits and a good float has been the same, float Everytime. Was confusing to me since all the hype on exits, but in the end I didn't like the way the rode and the floats were lighter. Maybe raptors are that much better again but the floats are a good lightweight option.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
I talked to jake @raptor the other day and he said they have some new technology being released for the 19 shocks. And should be up on there web site in a couple weeks.

colorado_matt

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
COLORADO
I talked to jake @raptor the other day and he said they have some new technology being released for the 19 shocks. And should be up on there web site in a couple weeks.

This stuff is going to blow people away! The current Raptors are very impressive and the new stuff is noticeably different in multiple aspects. Anyone thinking about aftermarket shocks definitely needs to look into the Raptors.

Premium Features