• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pro Rmk motor in edge chassis

lyspera

Premium Member
Jan 12, 2016
Thinking about fitting a Pro rmk 800 motor in my good old edge, anyone have some suggestions about it? is it much work? much modifications? :face-icon-small-hap

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
A lot of money to put a new motor in an old chassis. What's the point?

Who would buy it later on when you want to get rid of it?

lyspera

Premium Member
Jan 12, 2016
The main reason why i want to swap the motor is because the edge 800 use alot of gas and oil, and maybe later on iam thinking of boosting it. And i have acess to a tig welder, and the edge chassis have plenty of space in the engine bay. or will it just be a real P.I.T.A to fit it?

M
Feb 21, 2016
Bend, Oregon
Mounting it would be the tough part, the pro motor uses bolts that that go through the motor mounts horizontally and the edge motors have vertical motor mount bolts, if that makes since. Would take some clever thinking.

What would be a lot cooler is a 800ves with UBR900 top end in a pro chassis.

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
Mounting it would be the tough part, the pro motor uses bolts that that go through the motor mounts horizontally and the edge motors have vertical motor mount bolts, if that makes since. Would take some clever thinking.

What would be a lot cooler is a 800ves with UBR900 top end in a pro chassis.

I had started looking into this a couple years ago, putting my old carls 910 into my pro chassis. There is a motor plate made just for it and it is easily done, I decided against it though. I am sure someone can make a motor plate to go the other way, pro motor in to edge chassis, wouldnt think it would be too hard.

C
Feb 20, 2008
I had started looking into this a couple years ago, putting my old carls 910 into my pro chassis. There is a motor plate made just for it and it is easily done, I decided against it though. I am sure someone can make a motor plate to go the other way, pro motor in to edge chassis, wouldnt think it would be too hard.

Who makes the plate for this swap?

Merlin

Lifetime Membership
Oct 7, 2004
Medicine Hat, AB
Agreed.

A custom built plate would do the trick.

I had started looking into this a couple years ago, putting my old carls 910 into my pro chassis. I am sure someone can make a motor plate to go the other way, pro motor in to edge chassis, wouldnt think it would be too hard.

Premium Features