• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Coolant temp sensor no longer available for 04 REV??? WTH?

snowmanx

Premium Member
Aug 13, 2001
Polson, Montana
No longer available, so what do you do if you need one? There is no replacement part. :face-icon-small-dis:face-icon-small-fro:face-icon-small-con

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
I have a new one in the bag i believe. Just take retail and double it LMAO. J/K. Sort of ha ha

B

blk9038

Aug 8, 2011
puyallup/edgewood
No longer available, so what do you do if you need one? There is no replacement part. :face-icon-small-dis:face-icon-small-fro:face-icon-small-con

so buy one for a 2005 to 2007 dif part number and rewire to your fit your plug we did that 2 times now on a few 04 revs.

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
Better get used to finding less parts... The REV is a dated model, sure there's plenty of them out there, hell I still have my 06. But Ski Doo isn't gonna tool up parts runs to replenish stock on a 7-10 year old chassis.. time to start hording

S
Jan 2, 2016
so buy one for a 2005 to 2007 dif part number and rewire to your fit your plug we did that 2 times now on a few 04 revs.

I was wondering how you rewired an 04 rev to accommodate an 05-07 temp sensor?
my 04 has two different plugs one to the computer and the other to the cluster a total of 5 wires the 06 sensor I got only has 4 wires.
How can it be done

Last edited:

lancelarue

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Valdez, Alaska
Temp sensor

Look in the shop manual and see what the resistance values are for the temp sensor normal running.
Go down to Radio Shack and buy a pack of resistors that will match up. Wire this in your harness or wherever to fool the computer.
You're done cheap. If you really care what the water temp. is, buy a good gauge like a Koso waterproof digital.

I run a 05' harness/computer in both an 06' & an 07" sled. Far as the computers are concerned in both sleds the air temp sensor, dpm, and water temp sensors are all working just right. It's not smart enough to see the #'s never change!
All this computer garbage works awesome when they're new, especially when they're new on warranty. Then what????
Simplicity = more riding, less wrenching!!!!!

Premium Features