• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anybody have a 19T turbo laying around? or can I buy the comp wheel/housing?

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
Hi guys, As title says, anybody got a 19T laying around by chance? Or does anybody know If I can just buy a 19t compressor/housing off the bay and get away with that??? I believe my apex has the 16t in it and I'd like the bigger one so that It spools faster and is more efficient for the bigger boost numbers. Thanks!

BBNytro

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2009
Estevan, Sask
I have used the "Ebay" 19T upgrade on my nitro for a few years. All I had to do was weld the wastegate actuator on the compressor housing and a small amount of machining on the cast turbo housing for the bigger wheel. I do have a stock 19T wheel sitting around.

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
I have used the "Ebay" 19T upgrade on my nitro for a few years. All I had to do was weld the wastegate actuator on the compressor housing and a small amount of machining on the cast turbo housing for the bigger wheel. I do have a stock 19T wheel sitting around.

good to know, Where does the machining have to happen? and any machine shop should be able to do it? did you get the turbo cartridge/assembly balanced after you did the "upgrade"?

Thanks!

BBNytro

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2009
Estevan, Sask
the only machining is on the cartridge under the compressor wheel. It needs a little taken off so the wheel will fit. I never balanced mine. You have to make sure the mark on the compressor wheel lines up with the flat spot on the turbine wheel. Remember the nut on the compressor wheel is left hand thread. There is a decent video on youtube on rebuilding one. Search Mitsubishi TD04.

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
the only machining is on the cartridge under the compressor wheel. It needs a little taken off so the wheel will fit. I never balanced mine. You have to make sure the mark on the compressor wheel lines up with the flat spot on the turbine wheel. Remember the nut on the compressor wheel is left hand thread. There is a decent video on youtube on rebuilding one. Search Mitsubishi TD04.

Beauty I never knew you could do that, but that does make sense, if the compressor wheel has been balanced then it makes sense lining it up to the balance with the exhaust wheel.

turbo800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Northern,UT
I built myself a hybrid turbo couple years back...

Machining the center section:
IMAG0118.jpg

Reassembly:
20130720_162105_zpsfeaf7b94.jpg

Almost done:
IMAG0123.jpg

Antisurge housing:
IMAG0124.jpg

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
I built myself a hybrid turbo couple years back...

Machining the center section:
IMAG0118.jpg

Reassembly:
20130720_162105_zpsfeaf7b94.jpg

Almost done:
IMAG0123.jpg

Antisurge housing:
IMAG0124.jpg

Looks good, what kind of set up did you go for On the turbo? Do you know roughly how much I have to machine into the housing surface to fit the bigger wheel for my td04-16t into the td04-19t? Thanks!

Premium Features