• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mal ware CHRISTOPHER

zalez

Lifetime Membership
Jan 5, 2012
My computer protection system keeps giving me Mal ware warnings.

Mal/Badsrc-C'

Please fix it I am a paying member!!

This is a file that is classified as a malicious webpage. Most likely was from an ad server that is infected and has nothing to do with snowest. I'm guessing that it is in your temporary internet files.

Below is some steps I would take to get rid of it. Don't hold me liable if you don't follow these steps correctly and your computer implodes on you :face-icon-small-win

1. Delete your internet history and all cached files. Assuming you are using Internet Explorer - Press ALT > Select Tools > Select Internet Options > On the general tab, look for browsing history > Click the delete button > Make sure everything is checked except "Preserve Favorites website data". (Note: This will delete any cookies and saved passwords which means if you have saved log in info, it will be deleted)

2. Run a full virus scan. Take any recommended actions that it says to do.
3. This step is optional but I use it myself. There is a program that is free that I use that does a pretty darn good job. It's called malwarebytes and it is free. They do offer a paid version but do not download that one.

Give those steps a try. And just so you don't think I am pulling this stuff out of the air, I am the Director of Technology at a school district :face-icon-small-hap

If you need more help, like Christopher said, more information is needed. For Instance, Operating system and what version it is (ie windows xp, windows 7) and what web browser you are using and it's version also (ie Internet Explorer 8, 9, Firefox 11)

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I'm accessing SW from a TIGHTENED down firewall and system too...I'm not getting any warnings.

zalez

Lifetime Membership
Jan 5, 2012
What antivirus are you running? The shield doesn't look familiar. I am guessing it is a false positive. Have you tried cleaning up your temporary internet files yet?

turbolover

Enduring the heat till Braap Season
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Rigby, Idaho
Are you accessing the forums through SNOWEST or SNOWESTONLINE?

Snowest did have some MALWARE awhile back and caused issues here at work also. SnowestONLINE doesn't seem to have that issue associated with it.

Premium Features