• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2020 Summit X Expert Photos

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
Incentive to order in the spring. Is why you have your top of the line product with the goodies.

I

i'llDooit

Nov 27, 2007
Duvall washington
When you call it an expert sled, does that mean you have to own a plot of land so you can ride right from your back door dragging 6 people who paid 1000 a piece to follow you in order to not over heat on the trails getting in?

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Dave - Is there any difference with the spindles besides being lighter? Doo they affect the handling at all?

Curious since they are available in the accessory catalog. Thanks.

Ski-doo#1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2011
GreatWhiteNorth
NHRoadking, I am not Dave but I think the new spindles work in tandem with the new ski rubbers. I do not think you can run one without the other. Hence why they are pictured together in the catalog.

At least this is my hope as when I order the spindles for my SP it would be nice to get both items. Also I thought I heard that the DS-3 skis are different on the Expert? Not real sure but I guess that just means I could order yellow skis :)

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Dave - Is there any difference with the spindles besides being lighter? Doo they affect the handling at all?

Curious since they are available in the accessory catalog. Thanks.

Yes they are more stood up, more aggressive stance, and yes you can add everything to make a 17-18-19 like an expert except the tunnel and the boards.

rab

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
there's a different front cross shaft on the expert , it has the idlers on the most forward cross shaft.

is that long limiter strap a part of the adjustable limiter strap system ?

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
This is going to be a game changer for the G4. All these changes seem small but taken as a package this is going to push the technical terrain handling of the G4 in line with the Axys and Alpha. Every other category but clutching the G4 wins hands down already. The clutching on the 19s is already WAY better than the 17 and 18 sleds. You rarely if ever see a complaint on a 19 for clutching now and my buddies 19 is RIPPING. They really need to get this package out into the hands of riders right now so that they can get that positive feedback into the social media arena.
The spindle and ski changes will change the way this sled sidehills and make it much easier to hold a steep line. The tunnel change will also help here but even more so climbing in deep snow. I had planned to sell my 18 175 and buy a Poo 174 850 but I will just keep it and put this front end on my sled. I might even cut the tunnel.

S
Feb 24, 2016
WA
Yes they are more stood up, more aggressive stance, and yes you can add everything to make a 17-18-19 like an expert except the tunnel and the boards.

It's too bad that BRP didn't make it so that 17-18-19 owners of the X package can't simply add the forward extruded section of the running boards (the part that is stamped sheet metal on the older models).

It looks like the new running boards have the same "seam" as the old boards did between the extruded and stamped portion. How hard would it be to make the forward extruded section retrofitable?

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
It's too bad that BRP didn't make it so that 17-18-19 owners of the X package can't simply add the forward extruded section of the running boards (the part that is stamped sheet metal on the older models).

It looks like the new running boards have the same "seam" as the old boards did between the extruded and stamped portion. How hard would it be to make the forward extruded section retrofitable?

Its is part of the whole boards, which makes it stronger, so it is better...if it was an add-on it would be weaker and guys would be complaining about that....

MKULTRA

Lifetime Membership
Dec 31, 2015
quebec, canada

retrofitable does not rhyme with protifable...wait, it does.

GSPLewie

Lifetime Membership
Dec 22, 2016
retrofitable does not rhyme with protifable...wait, it does.

If Ski Doo was always focused on just retrofitting the last years model they’d never be innovating anything. I bought a 2019 and wish I had waited for expert, but that’s how it goes... Every next model year should be better than previous and Ski Doo has done that each season on G4. They finally nailed it on the 2019 and they hit it out of the park on 2020 it seems to me.

I

i'llDooit

Nov 27, 2007
Duvall washington
I think the dash board gauge should be mounted on top of the handle bar with room above it to still grab the mountain bar strap. Wouldn't be covered in snow and is a small enough could fit. Easy and good spot to keep an eye on your rpm. Maybe in 2021

Premium Features