• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

XP summit 800 coolant leak.

Brutis20

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Canada
Notices some AF coming out from the shock tower (overflow) when I first started and brought sled home - level was fine. Drove sled for first time this weekend and put on 50 miles, in -25 temps. Noticed that through out the day it would spit some out every so often. Sled ran fine all day and engine temps appeared to be normal and coolant level seemed to also be normal at the time. Did seem to be slightly pressured up though when coolant would spit.

When I got home and sled was cold I notice the level was ~ 1 " below the cold fill line (was at the line beginning of day). So I did loose some coolant.

Anyone know what would cause/normal/fix/comments?

Thanks

Brutis20

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Canada
Thanks, I will monitor as I ride, I am hoping this is all it will take.

Has anyone else had these issues?

O
Nov 27, 2007
Western Wyoming
Let your sled idle

If you let your XP idle for 30-60 seconds before turning it off it wont happen.....If you turn off your sled before allowing the AF to cycle for 30-60 seconds overflow can occure.

Stopping a sled right away will increase internal temps since the AF is no longer cycling.

ot

P
Feb 22, 2004
Wisconsin
should say on the cap. I'd keep an eye on it. Usually as the sled cools and hoses contract, the level should go up, not down. At least that's how it's always been on my Polarii.

O
Nov 27, 2007
Western Wyoming
Brutis i don't know of any easy way, All i know is the AF is a cooling agent that cools as it cycles. Stop the cooling cycle to soon and the internal temps will increase.....On older model sleds they used to have overflow bottles but not any more. Now the overflow AF just hits the bottom of you belly pan.

Redline makes a product that's called Water Wetter that the NHRA Dragster community uses either 100% or as an additive to there cooling system to greatly reduce intermal heat. Works very good with sleds as well.

OT

Premium Features