• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

0 miles 2018 summit drivetrain update

H
Nov 26, 2001
Renton
Seeing as all BRP is going to do is change the mounts and a secondary spring, I have another suggestion when you get it back, cut the bottom half of the clutch guard off, just below the belt holder.

I have a 927 Trygstad with his clutching in mine, no vents, but cut the bottom of my cover off for more air flow, have not blown a belt ....knock on wood.

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Seeing as all BRP is going to do is change the mounts and a secondary spring, I have another suggestion when you get it back, cut the bottom half of the clutch guard off, just below the belt holder.

I have a 927 Trygstad with his clutching in mine, no vents, but cut the bottom of my cover off for more air flow, have not blown a belt ....knock on wood.

Already worked on the cover. Im thinking long term with existing mounts rubber going out of spec over time. I think its 25 thousands tolerance? The new mounts have stiffer rubber.

Plus I believe the update may help with resale and more importantly the comfort of knowing have the better mounts

Old Scud-doo

Premium Member
Dec 28, 2007
Middle Montana
So....why is it that you have to bitch to get the new mounts? I got only about 600 miles on my first belt and that isn't too bad really but if there is a freaking problem with the mounts than they should ALL be replaced.

I don't get it.

D
May 24, 2012
Already worked on the cover. Im thinking long term with existing mounts rubber going out of spec over time. I think its 25 thousands tolerance? The new mounts have stiffer rubber.

Plus I believe the update may help with resale and more importantly the comfort of knowing have the better mounts

Hi there Don! Glad you got BRP to accept the updated engine mounts. There are still questions regarding the alignment on all years sleds including 2019 with its updated mounts.

Best thing is to follow the related topics on DooTalk very closely as there are now many owners who have decided to get involved to measure the alignment on their sleds. I know that you have a mountain sled, but make sure to follow the G4 trail section as it is most active and up to date.

The 25 thou spec you mentioned is 24 thou for the pDrive sheave runout. This is important to check as it can lead to a belt eater if too far out of spec.

Last edited:
D
May 24, 2012
So....why is it that you have to bitch to get the new mounts? I got only about 600 miles on my first belt and that isn't too bad really but if there is a freaking problem with the mounts than they should ALL be replaced.

I don't get it.

Edit: As Don put nicely, call BRP and open a case ;)

Last edited:

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles

Please contact BRP Care @ 1-888-272-9222 and start a case.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008

I don't get it.
Can you imagine if you bought a new truck and you had to "start a case" to get anything repaired?
Wtf is wrong here?
Brp seems to be doing a good job pissing off all their customers. It'd be a good time for another sled company to offer a real, no questions asked warranty as opposed to an "argue with us" warranty. Nobody likes being bent over and nobody likes to play "the customer is a hot potato" between the dealer and factory. It's just so unnecessary, I don't get it.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Old Scud-doo

Premium Member
Dec 28, 2007
Middle Montana
Dealer told me my sled wasn't part of the recall. I just called BRP and they told me sled vin# is definitely part of the recall. Wth? So I will now call my dealer. Just picked the damn thing up. Ughh!

My dealer says they are going to check again and let me know...however, parts are on national backorder. You would think they would have made enough kits to fill the number of sleds needing it under warranty. Crazy!

Last edited:

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
You guys should sell your sleds and go buy Arctic Cats :face-icon-small-con Bunch of hypochondriacs. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Let's make sure BRP loses as much money possible fixing your non-broken sleds so they have to raise the prices next year so you can cry in three years when you go to finance a new sled how expensive it is and you can only afford to ride 3 times a year because your truck payment and Ski Doo payment are too much. The people on this forum make me embarrassed to call my self a snowmobiler

Last edited:

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Can you imagine if you bought a new truck and you had to "start a case" to get anything repaired?
Wtf is wrong here?
Brp seems to be doing a good job pissing off all their customers. It'd be a good time for another sled company to offer a real, no questions asked warranty as opposed to an "argue with us" warranty. Nobody likes being bent over and nobody likes to play "the customer is a hot potato" between the dealer and factory. It's just so unnecessary, I don't get it.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

On most new vehicles I've own / owned have to go to the dealer and have them look and see the issue and have it repaired under warranty.

D
May 24, 2012
You guys should sell your sleds and go buy Arctic Cats :face-icon-small-con Bunch of hypochondriacs. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Let's make sure BRP loses as much money possible fixing your non-broken sleds so they have to raise the prices next year so you can cry in three years when you go to finance a new sled how expensive it is and you can only afford to ride 3 times a year because your truck payment and Ski Doo payment are too much. The people on this forum make me embarrassed to call my self a snowmobiler

A universal updrade is a slippery slope. It cost no more than $50 to fix most sleds, yet it isn't part of any upgrade or kit. Better to start these upgrades in small numbers to see how it plays out.

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
Sounds that way....

Though I’d think if a person had issues this season that one could still get the service bulletin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old Scud-doo

Premium Member
Dec 28, 2007
Middle Montana
So BRP basically just told me my sled is not covered and if I want the fix for the motor mounts it will have to come out of my own pocket. The lady I spoke with told me that the previous lady I spoke with had made a mistake and misinformed me. :-(

Starting to remind me of back when I bought my first 2001 Summit 800. They told me, "Yes Sir, there is an issue with the clutch and clutching. Our engineers are working on it." 4 weeks later I called in and the wouldn't let me talk to the lady that opened my case. After badgering the guy and some swear words from me he said, "Our engineers have determined that the machine operates as designed." De javu sucks!

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Sounds that way....

Though I’d think if a person had issues this season that one could still get the service bulletin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes bulletins are always ongoing, so if someone were to have an issue, they would make a case file as always and the good thing, unlike last season is there is a fix now waiting for someone who needs them.

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
So BRP basically just told me my sled is not covered and if I want the fix for the motor mounts it will have to come out of my own pocket. The lady I spoke with told me that the previous lady I spoke with had made a mistake and misinformed me. :-(

Starting to remind me of back when I bought my first 2001 Summit 800. They told me, "Yes Sir, there is an issue with the clutch and clutching. Our engineers are working on it." 4 weeks later I called in and the wouldn't let me talk to the lady that opened my case. After badgering the guy and some swear words from me he said, "Our engineers have determined that the machine operates as designed." De javu sucks!

Call your dealer with case# explain its a belt eater or possible belt eater too low of miles.

Dealer sends in information to BRP to authorize the fix.

From dealer sending in information 10 business days is normal for BRP to reply to CASE #

Last edited:

Old Scud-doo

Premium Member
Dec 28, 2007
Middle Montana

Call your dealer with case# explain its a belt eater or possible belt eater too low of miles.

Dealer sends in information to BRP to authorize the fix.

From dealer sending in information 10 business days is normal for BRP to reply to CASE #

So I spoke with a Rep. named Colin. The only way to get the update is to have an existing claim. Starting one today doesn't count. So...I guess you need to complain to your dealer of the course of this season that you are going through belts and have them look at your sled. No other way to get it from what I was told.

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
So I spoke with a Rep. named Colin. The only way to get the update is to have an existing claim. Starting one today doesn't count. So...I guess you need to complain to your dealer of the course of this season that you are going through belts and have them look at your sled. No other way to get it from what I was told.

Are you out of warranty?

Im not sure if you need to be in warranty to file a claim or at least have a case # started.

Last edited:
Premium Features