• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New QRS Shim Kit to help with Belt Blowing XP"s

If you are blowing belts on your XP Chassis Snowmobile, there is a good chance your clutches are not aligned, even though they will be in tolerance to BRP's measurements. Most have found by moving out the secondary 1.5 to 3.0mm will solve this problem. Since the QRS clutch is married to the shaft, you need to shim both the clutch side bearing and the gear side of the shaft. My kit comes with two 1.5mm large shims for the bearing hosing (clutch side) and two 1.5mm smaller shims for the gear side of shaft, all precision cut out of 304 stainless steel. This gives you two choices to shim, either 1.5 or 3mm, depending on your situation. I do not recommend going over 3.0mm due to it would be pushing the bearing out of the tower too much. If you need more than 3mm you have a more serious problem and need to look into motor mounts mods or a complete floating secondary, which is expensive.

Installation is simple with the use of basic hand tools.

I have personally did extensive testing since 2009 with many different belts and clutch set-up. I’ve sold many kits and have had only positive feedback that this inexpensive kit save others hundreds on belts.

Below are some pics and instructions to review(small shims for bearing retainer not shown)

If anyone have used my kits, please feel free to post any feedback to let others know how it worked out for you.

See swapmeet link here: http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2979094#post2979094

Attachments

• Shim in Tower_sm.jpg
    Shim in Tower_sm.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 463
  • Shim on ShaftSM.jpg
    Shim on ShaftSM.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 502
  • $(KGrHqF,!iUE7F1g)dRuBO2LCo(K,Q~~60_12.jpg
    $(KGrHqF,!iUE7F1g)dRuBO2LCo(K,Q~~60_12.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 336
  • Bills Shim Kit 2011.pdf
    418.4 KB · Views: 2,767
S
Aug 11, 2011
MT
are people doing these shim kits as a preventative thing before belts blow, or are they doing it if clutch alignment checks out as terrible??? I just bought an 08 roller and will be putting my motor in soon and who knows if its a good one or bad one for alignment, may be buying your kit, good price!

Premium Features