• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mountain max turbo possible or not

J
Feb 4, 2010
I need more info pls.... :face-icon-small-hap
What kind of turbo you use?
What you have to do on the sled so the turbo fit?
Do you have any part of that mod for sell?

Thanks Pat

S

Scott1

Oct 7, 2009
Black Hills S.D.
I think if you fabbed up the pluming and mounted the turbo yourself, NM on here has a fuel system that would work pretty slick.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
30 series garret would kick *** on it. 3071 or 3076.

also, if you have this little of an idea of how to go about it.. dont. turboing older stuff like that has lots of pitfalls unless you know what your doing.

not to be a downer. but doing it right isnt cheap and hate to see someone throw money away at something they arent gonna get running right.

Wrenchmaster

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
B.C. Canada
I'm planning on giving it a try. Low boost, under 10PSI shouldn't be bad. It's been done with good results on these engines several times before. Most of the engines I work on are turbocharged so I'm familiar with the concept, with the right info it can be done right. The "carbed 2 stroke turbo" thread on here has most of the info anyone would need. There's also a lengthy thread over at HCS that's very informative. From what I've read, the crank needs to be welded on the Yami 700 for sure. I think it would work really well on one of these engines since the jetting seems really forgiving.

Premium Features