• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Alpine House Rental

tdblakes

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
I’m looking to make a week long trip to Alpine this winter and trying to find a house to rent but kinda striking out. There will be 7 of us. I’m looking for a place we can ride from and park 2 trucks & trailers at. We like to do our own cooking and hang out at night so a house is ideal. Rockin M Ranch is on the maybe list but the loft cabin seems like it would be a bit snug. Any recommendations? Or are we lookin at trailering to the parking area every day?

Wintertime

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2014
Casper, WY
Rockin M is a great place to stay we stayed there last year. You can ride from the cabins most of the time depending on snow conditions. You will have to ditch bang a little and then catch the trail to the Greys River road. We just rented two loft cabins with 6 of use did our own cooking also. I would go to the Old Yellowstone Garage at least one night, good food. Rob at Rockin M is also very knowledgeable about the area. You can trailer to many other area s from the Ranch.

tdblakes

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
There are some houses on the north side of the river, is there a way to ride to the trail head or would those be trailering also? People say you can ride through alpine.... but does that mean on the pavement/shoulder or is there actually a trail through town?

Wintertime

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2014
Casper, WY
You can ride almost anywhere in town.they have a trail system in town. You do ride some driveways and some road crossings and normal town stuff. Alpine is one of my favorite places to ride in WY.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
I wouldn't necessarily look for a place to ride from. Theres lots of cool riding in the star valley that requires you to trailer to a trail head.

Im guessing youve checked Vrbo for a house?

Rockin M is nice but you would probably need 2 cabins for that amount of guys. Rob does a good job of directing you to some good riding, but I would highly recommend some sort of guide or local who knows the area (Rob does guide).

tdblakes

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
Yea I’ve been looking on VRBO. Seems we’re on the threshold for group size, once you get more than 6, it seems your options take a dive. Yea also thought about a guide. I called Rockin M a couple weeks ago and they told me they sold their guide license to Scenic Safaris so Rob doesn’t guide anymore. Is there more than the Greys River trail head that we should consider starting at? This is our first trip to the area so any info is helpful...
thanks guys

Last edited:

MI1M600EFI

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 15, 2008
Mancos, CO
Did you ever get a house rented? We just rented this one off vrbo:
https://www.vrbo.com/254826
It's a bit south of the trailhead, on the west side of the highway, but still perfectly rideable...

We looked at this one too, but it was a little smaller and we have at least 8 going... It has a small sauna, and appears a little more "quaint". Is on the north side of the river, but still rideable directly to the trail one way or another... :)
https://www.vrbo.com/1102320

Last edited:

tdblakes

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
Yea we did, we ended up going with this one...
https://www.vrbo.com/451447
We went with that one because of the proximity to the trail head and thought it looked like a pretty awesome property and it had really good reviews.

MI1M600EFI

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 15, 2008
Mancos, CO
Excellent. We looked at that one too, but it looked a bit tight. It is RIGHT on the trail though, which is nice. :)

When you gonna be there? We'll be in Alpine Feb 25-March 3rd.

MI1M600EFI

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 15, 2008
Mancos, CO
We'll try not to track up all the snow then. Hopefully the re-route around the landslide gets established quickly... We were looking forward to riding up to Blind Bull...

Discovered our house is not exactly where it's shown on the map... It's actually north of town a mile and a half or so... Should be enough snow to ride down to the trailhead, but not as good as where it was shown, right across from Grey's River Rd...

tdblakes

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
Haha sounds good. If you could call in a storm on your last day, that would be great too! ? let us know how the snow is! Bummer your place isn’t exactly where you thought but I hear you can ride your sled pretty much wherever in Alpine so hopefully not too much of a hassle.... have fun!

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
I’ve done a few clinics with Dan Adams with my boys over the last few years. Learned a lot, had a lot of fun. One of the best things was the Avy info was coming from a pro, a guy who rides crazy stuff, makes big drops etc. Be Avy safe and aware coming from him really stuck with my boys(and me). I see they are offering guided rides now too and looks like they have openings during your time there. I also know he can do something for a group your size that’s not on the calendar too.

Premium Features