• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Air Bleeding

L
Nov 10, 2009
Ft. Lewis, Wa
I am about to put my oil tank back in and hook up fuel lines..My question is do I have to do anything to my fuel lines before I try and start it and how do I bleed the air out of oil line before I start it.

Oh and still curious if I can turn my track around and run it in the opposite direction..

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
I am about to put my oil tank back in and hook up fuel lines..My question is do I have to do anything to my fuel lines before I try and start it and how do I bleed the air out of oil line before I start it.

Oh and still curious if I can turn my track around and run it in the opposite direction..

1. you can prime your fuel lines and pump, but if ou dont know how just pull it over a few times to charge the capacitor and it will self prime, but may take a few pulls..

2. YES you need to bleed your oil line...did you crack the bleed screw on the front of the pump? you should...let the air bubbles come out there, AND i also wrap a piece of stiff wire on the pump lever and route it to the clutch area...when the sled starts, pull the wire and it will engage the oil pump to max and bleed the air that was as well....only let the sled idle when you do this, and do it for around 20 seconds...it will smoke cause your buring more oil but always safe...then after its bleed un hook the wire and your good...

you can also add 16oz of oil to your fuel tank of gas to ensure the air is all out when your riding...

3. if you messed with your coolant at all, make sure you bleed that as well with the front of the sled up high and crack the thermostat bleeder for a while off an don..

4. as for the track going backwards..i would say its no good...would defeat the purpose of the rotational design and ability to hook up

L
Nov 10, 2009
Ft. Lewis, Wa
I havnt started any of the process yet but this will def help out. And yes i did mess with the cooland. I pulled the radiator so I am glad you mentioned the air bleeding for that also. Cant wait to get after it this week. Been in Virginia going to school for 2 months.

Premium Features