• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

gopro2 has audio but no video

S
Oct 1, 2002
NY
I have a couple videos from my gopro2 yesterday that when i went to play them back has audio but no video.
They were taken about mid-morning yesterday, now what's odd (to me) is that videos taken after those around late-morning are fine video and audio.
Nothing changed in that time, I didn't open up the case or anything and they aren't very large files at 103,00kb
I dont think I deleted the files yet, but the camera is already packed up as Im heading home shortly so wont be able to look at it again til tomorrow. Any ideas?

K

knzee

Dec 29, 2008
Great Falls, MT
I had the same thing happen with my gopro3 black. Took the first three videos on the hill and just sound with no picture turned out. There was a music sign like this one :musicnote: on the screen too when I played it back. Took some more videos at the house afterwards and seems to work now. When I bought it there was a statement in the box telling me to go to the website and do the download updates, which I did before I used it the first time too.

I checked a few of the gopro forums and can't find anything on this issue.

S
Oct 1, 2002
NY
Well I hooked the gopro up to my tv via HDMI this morning and the files in question playback with a black screen as well...
The laptop I had with me wasn't fast enough to play the video smoothly so I didnt bother checking them while I was out there and this morning I found 2 more videos with the same issue...Bummer...
Also seems I wasnt always recording when I thought I was... Double bummer...

Premium Features