• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Gas Cap

T
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, ID
My gas cap on my 07 600 RMK leaks no matter how I am riding it. Is there a seal on these bad boys? Any suggestions to keep the gas in the tank rather than on the shroud, seat and me?

P

paulw22

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 17, 2008
Grande Prairie, AB
There was a recall on the filler neck on the 06. My filler neck cracked right down to the tank. Bought it to dealer and they replaced tank under warranty. Maybe still a problem on your 07. Just a thought, maybe its not the cap.

sleddin pete

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Summit County Colorado
My 07 RMK 600 also leaked from the gas cap.It turned out the rubber O ring/seal was missing from the gas gauge.Bought a new gas gauge and no more leak,don't know if I could have bought just an O ring:confused:but problem solved:).

E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
There was a recall on the filler neck on the 06. My filler neck cracked right down to the tank. Bought it to dealer and they replaced tank under warranty. Maybe still a problem on your 07. Just a thought, maybe its not the cap.
Yep, that was my problem. Big 1/8" crack at the widest point all around hte base of the filler neck.

My 07 RMK 600 also leaked from the gas cap.It turned out the rubber O ring/seal was missing from the gas gauge.Bought a new gas gauge and no more leak,don't know if I could have bought just an O ring:confused:but problem solved:).

Doesn't look like it...

CAP-FUEL,W/GAUGE
Polaris Part #: 2520651
$30.86

CROW

Lifetime Membership
Jul 25, 2002
Michigan
After looking at mine a little closer, mine is leaking out of the clear plastic "lens" of the guage. I'll try and glue it back on with some gasproof adhesive...any recommendations?

Last edited:
Premium Features