For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Ski-Doo: REV Gen 4 For the 2017 and newer REV Gen 4 Sleds

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2017, 10:49 AM
Currently: The problem with common sence, is that it isn't that common!
Ace Freely has a reputation beyond reputeAce Freely has a reputation beyond reputeAce Freely has a reputation beyond reputeAce Freely has a reputation beyond reputeAce Freely has a reputation beyond reputeAce Freely has a reputation beyond reputeAce Freely has a reputation beyond reputeAce Freely has a reputation beyond reputeAce Freely has a reputation beyond reputeAce Freely has a reputation beyond reputeAce Freely has a reputation beyond repute
Default 2018 Free Ride 850 165

...am I the only one that is excited about this sled? Being a bigger guy, I'm looking forward to the beefier suspension, along with a plusher ride!

...besides weight, anyone see any drawbacks ti the Free Ride over the Summit 850?

Ace

Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following User Says Thank You to Ace Freely For This Useful Post:
Ski-doo#1 (02-15-2017)
Old 02-15-2017, 10:57 AM
Currently: Danger Zone
hobbes has a reputation beyond reputehobbes has a reputation beyond reputehobbes has a reputation beyond reputehobbes has a reputation beyond reputehobbes has a reputation beyond reputehobbes has a reputation beyond reputehobbes has a reputation beyond reputehobbes has a reputation beyond reputehobbes has a reputation beyond reputehobbes has a reputation beyond reputehobbes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Freely View Post
...am I the only one that is excited about this sled? Being a bigger guy, I'm looking forward to the beefier suspension, along with a plusher ride!

...besides weight, anyone see any drawbacks ti the Free Ride over the Summit 850?

Ace
The only thing that would hold me back is the wider ski stance of the free ride.. I suppose that can be changed, but then you would need to either shorten the stock free ride shocks or go with different ones. Which basically defeats the purpose of spending more. For myself, if I was to snowcheck a new sled I think I would save as much money as I could upfront by checking an sp, and then add aftermarket shocks valved and sprung for my weight and riding style. Which would most likely give you a better ride than the stock free ride anyway. JMHO

Of course then there is that killer white color scheme... but they do make wraps to copy that if you wanted.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hobbes For This Useful Post:
Ace Freely (02-15-2017), b-litt (02-16-2017)
Old 02-15-2017, 11:05 AM
Ace Freely has a reputation beyond reputeAce Freely has a reputation beyond reputeAce Freely has a reputation beyond reputeAce Freely has a reputation beyond reputeAce Freely has a reputation beyond reputeAce Freely has a reputation beyond reputeAce Freely has a reputation beyond reputeAce Freely has a reputation beyond reputeAce Freely has a reputation beyond reputeAce Freely has a reputation beyond reputeAce Freely has a reputation beyond repute

...wider ski stance? Do tell.

My understanding was the Free Ride had beefier rails, and better shocks. Didn't know about wider ski stance...

Ace

The Following User Says Thank You to Ace Freely For This Useful Post:
CHAZWILDMAN (02-15-2017)
Old 02-15-2017, 11:11 AM
Currently: talking about clutching
Dynamo^Joe has a reputation beyond reputeDynamo^Joe has a reputation beyond reputeDynamo^Joe has a reputation beyond reputeDynamo^Joe has a reputation beyond reputeDynamo^Joe has a reputation beyond reputeDynamo^Joe has a reputation beyond reputeDynamo^Joe has a reputation beyond reputeDynamo^Joe has a reputation beyond reputeDynamo^Joe has a reputation beyond reputeDynamo^Joe has a reputation beyond reputeDynamo^Joe has a reputation beyond repute

On the XM chassis
"summit @ 35.5~37.5"
"Freeride @ 38~40" wide

I can tell the difference big-time going from the summit 35" to FR 38" doing a sidehill. more feedback in the handlebars with the FR sled. The skinz post forward mod on a FR helps a lot with lowering the input to countersteering.

I suspect this will follow suit on 2018 FR's

Really good G4-850 and XM summit clutch kits

850 G4 Summit clutch kit index

Online Gear Calculator @ iBackshift

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dynamo^Joe For This Useful Post:
Ace Freely (02-15-2017), hobbes (02-15-2017), sledhead_24_7 (02-15-2017)
Old 02-15-2017, 11:20 AM

Well shoot...

Looks like a Summit with Ice Age Bomber Rails with some Elka love from Tom's is in order...

Ace

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ace Freely For This Useful Post:
christopher (02-15-2017), sledhead_24_7 (02-15-2017)
Old 02-15-2017, 11:33 AM
Currently: Not set.
GSPLewie has a reputation beyond reputeGSPLewie has a reputation beyond reputeGSPLewie has a reputation beyond reputeGSPLewie has a reputation beyond reputeGSPLewie has a reputation beyond reputeGSPLewie has a reputation beyond reputeGSPLewie has a reputation beyond reputeGSPLewie has a reputation beyond reputeGSPLewie has a reputation beyond reputeGSPLewie has a reputation beyond reputeGSPLewie has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

This new Freeride is said to have 36" spacing.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following User Says Thank You to GSPLewie For This Useful Post:
doosoverpoos (02-15-2017)
Old 02-15-2017, 12:12 PM
Currently: Thinking about What is Next
Ski-doo#1 has a reputation beyond reputeSki-doo#1 has a reputation beyond reputeSki-doo#1 has a reputation beyond reputeSki-doo#1 has a reputation beyond reputeSki-doo#1 has a reputation beyond reputeSki-doo#1 has a reputation beyond reputeSki-doo#1 has a reputation beyond reputeSki-doo#1 has a reputation beyond reputeSki-doo#1 has a reputation beyond reputeSki-doo#1 has a reputation beyond reputeSki-doo#1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamo^Joe View Post
On the XM chassis
"summit @ 35.5~37.5"
"Freeride @ 38~40" wide

I can tell the difference big-time going from the summit 35" to FR 38" doing a sidehill. more feedback in the handlebars with the FR sled. The skinz post forward mod on a FR helps a lot with lowering the input to countersteering.

I suspect this will follow suit on 2018 FR's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Freely View Post
Well shoot...

Looks like a Summit with Ice Age Bomber Rails with some Elka love from Tom's is in order...

Ace
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSPLewie View Post
This new Freeride is said to have 36" spacing.
Okay so Summit XM to Summit G4 the ski stances got smaller.

I am sure the Freeride G4 ski stance will be lesser than the Freeride XM. Could be close to 36 in.

We shall she if it gets the same stance as the Summit G4. People don't seem to have problems jumping the new G4 summit

To Ace Freely, the Freeride stance is wider because it is meant for jumping, landing stability I believe anyways.

The Following User Says Thank You to Ski-doo#1 For This Useful Post:
Ace Freely (02-15-2017)
Old 02-15-2017, 12:40 PM
goridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond repute

I actually think the G4 would benefit from a slightly wider stance... Like 37 centered. I think it would help greatly with balance, and I dont mean on two skis, but on one. Feels like it "flops" over intially and doesnt have a real broad "sweet spot". Its no problem getting used to it within minutes but I do think that by going to a wider stance that you would gain more in balance than you would lose in "flickability". 36" stances also suck when the snow sucks!

Old 02-15-2017, 03:25 PM
Currently: Newman's parents didn't love him
The Baconator
Thanked 1,131 Times in 863 Posts
togwotee9 has a reputation beyond reputetogwotee9 has a reputation beyond reputetogwotee9 has a reputation beyond reputetogwotee9 has a reputation beyond reputetogwotee9 has a reputation beyond reputetogwotee9 has a reputation beyond reputetogwotee9 has a reputation beyond reputetogwotee9 has a reputation beyond reputetogwotee9 has a reputation beyond reputetogwotee9 has a reputation beyond reputetogwotee9 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

I have 3 freerides, wouldn't go back to a Summit X. I'm 6'4 250

Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?
I think so, Brain, but if we had a snowmobile, wouldn't it melt before summer?

I hate to say this, but this place is getting to me. I think I'm getting the Fear

Old 02-15-2017, 05:46 PM
logan1080 has a reputation beyond reputelogan1080 has a reputation beyond reputelogan1080 has a reputation beyond reputelogan1080 has a reputation beyond reputelogan1080 has a reputation beyond reputelogan1080 has a reputation beyond reputelogan1080 has a reputation beyond reputelogan1080 has a reputation beyond reputelogan1080 has a reputation beyond reputelogan1080 has a reputation beyond reputelogan1080 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm on a 2015 summit x 154. I rode my friends 2014 freeride 146" and without a doubt the summit was much easier to carve and lean over than the freeride. You could feel the difference instantly.

Old 02-15-2017, 05:54 PM
Thanked 1,476 Times in 612 Posts
madmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond repute
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

Old 02-15-2017, 06:07 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 02-15-2017, 08:36 PM
Currently: Waiting for Ski Doo Warranty
White Rad has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Rad has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Rad has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Rad has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Rad has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Rad has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Rad has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Rad has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Rad has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Rad has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Rad has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 02-15-2017, 08:52 PM
Currently: G4
Basic Member
Sulley has a reputation beyond reputeSulley has a reputation beyond reputeSulley has a reputation beyond reputeSulley has a reputation beyond reputeSulley has a reputation beyond reputeSulley has a reputation beyond reputeSulley has a reputation beyond reputeSulley has a reputation beyond reputeSulley has a reputation beyond reputeSulley has a reputation beyond reputeSulley has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 02-15-2017, 11:04 PM
Currently: Off the road again. Just can't wait to get off the road again.
Chadx has a reputation beyond reputeChadx has a reputation beyond reputeChadx has a reputation beyond reputeChadx has a reputation beyond reputeChadx has a reputation beyond reputeChadx has a reputation beyond reputeChadx has a reputation beyond reputeChadx has a reputation beyond reputeChadx has a reputation beyond reputeChadx has a reputation beyond reputeChadx has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 02-15-2017, 11:19 PM
Currently: Off the road again. Just can't wait to get off the road again.
Chadx has a reputation beyond reputeChadx has a reputation beyond reputeChadx has a reputation beyond reputeChadx has a reputation beyond reputeChadx has a reputation beyond reputeChadx has a reputation beyond reputeChadx has a reputation beyond reputeChadx has a reputation beyond reputeChadx has a reputation beyond reputeChadx has a reputation beyond reputeChadx has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 02-15-2017, 11:39 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 02-15-2017, 11:41 PM
burnz has a reputation beyond reputeburnz has a reputation beyond reputeburnz has a reputation beyond reputeburnz has a reputation beyond reputeburnz has a reputation beyond reputeburnz has a reputation beyond reputeburnz has a reputation beyond reputeburnz has a reputation beyond reputeburnz has a reputation beyond reputeburnz has a reputation beyond reputeburnz has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 02-16-2017, 12:14 AM
Currently: It's happening
Wyopowder has a reputation beyond reputeWyopowder has a reputation beyond reputeWyopowder has a reputation beyond reputeWyopowder has a reputation beyond reputeWyopowder has a reputation beyond reputeWyopowder has a reputation beyond reputeWyopowder has a reputation beyond reputeWyopowder has a reputation beyond reputeWyopowder has a reputation beyond reputeWyopowder has a reputation beyond reputeWyopowder has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 02-16-2017, 12:53 AM

Click Here to Register

Old 02-16-2017, 01:44 AM
b-litt has a reputation beyond reputeb-litt has a reputation beyond reputeb-litt has a reputation beyond reputeb-litt has a reputation beyond reputeb-litt has a reputation beyond reputeb-litt has a reputation beyond reputeb-litt has a reputation beyond reputeb-litt has a reputation beyond reputeb-litt has a reputation beyond reputeb-litt has a reputation beyond reputeb-litt has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 02-16-2017, 05:42 PM
Thanked 2,500 Times in 710 Posts
Norona has a reputation beyond reputeNorona has a reputation beyond reputeNorona has a reputation beyond reputeNorona has a reputation beyond reputeNorona has a reputation beyond reputeNorona has a reputation beyond reputeNorona has a reputation beyond reputeNorona has a reputation beyond reputeNorona has a reputation beyond reputeNorona has a reputation beyond reputeNorona has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to Norona For This Useful Post:
NorthMNSledder (02-16-2017)