• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

No talk or reviews on the big bores and strokers?

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
Well I can say one thing, that my 903 race gas stroker @ a legit 210 hp at Cooke city up a nice hill would run dead even with my friends boondocker dragon @ 12 psi, multible runs switching riders ect ect, (both sleds aprox the same weight) on flatland drags the 903 would leave the turbo for dead at the hit then the turbo would reel it back in and win. Now granted the 903 motor is a full race vp C14 only deal ect ect vs av gas built dragon motor so not really fair, but having had turbo and big bore/strokers at some power level the turbo is pretty much for sure the way to go as the race gas death n/a motor it total fun but a HUGE pita to keep running perfect.......this is all just my opinion on the thing, feel free to agree or disagree lmao :face-icon-small-coo:face-icon-small-coo:face-icon-small-coo

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
To start, I didn't mean for it to become a "turbo vs big bore" thread. I just had to call out what I consider to be a "stretch".

There are a number of reasons to go big bore over turbo, net output (especially at 10K) is not one of them however.

They are a blast to ride, have much more linear power delivery, and I'd argue are "easier" to ride. But the turbo will still put out more horsepower unless its a really poorly tuned turbo.

As far as one video is concerned, meh, you've got to show me dyno results or at least a sample size bigger than "1".

Heck, clutching alone is a variable unaccounted for in this whole "he said she said" type thread.

In any case, strong running NA motors are very cool, glad to see they are working out!

Dbook

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Denver, Colorado
You should be impressed. I am freakin Paul Harvey...... Always have the rest of the story.....:face-icon-small-win

If only you knew what you think you know....... That is what I love about the net, people think they know because they hear it from a guy that heard it from a guy. :face-icon-small-sho

Dbook

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Denver, Colorado
Here is my point in this thread, Video's dont tell the whole story and should not be used as a reference unless
A) You were there and know the circumstance of said video
B) It's a sanctioned event in a contolled environment.

A video was made on the first day of a turbo running and I am going to ignore the video and what has been said and say this. Jadd at Stroker Customs has made leaps and bounds in progress with his 962 this year. He has numerous hours of testing to develop a ready to run package for this motor and it is impressive. I just hate it when people on the internet make blanket statements about things when they dont really know the whole story, or they have a vested interest in it. If you want and are looking at the 962 or 910, good things are coming at Stroker for these motors.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
If only you knew what you think you know....... That is what I love about the net, people think they know because they hear it from a guy that heard it from a guy. :face-icon-small-sho

Sorry first hand account from the motor builder, of the situation, what took place ect..... Plenty of details And watching video is enough for me. I know enough and have more than enough experience to make a decision for myself. Thanks.

Dbook

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Denver, Colorado
Sorry first hand account from the motor builder, of the situation, what took place ect..... Plenty of details And watching video is enough for me. I know enough and have more than enough experience to make a decision for myself. Thanks.

Motor builder wasn't there, so how was it first hand? He doesn't have a clue about my sled or what took place.... and from the "facts"you have posted, neither do you. Did he fail to tell you my SLP stage 4 is faster on top? Weird....

https://youtu.be/Eb2hvFDI-zE

Last edited:
S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Kinda strange the other video has disappeared. If it was SO lop sided and for fun. Why was it put out there in the first place as a sales tool? "Guess what the 962, ran against" I believe was the post.

There is only a small handful of people I trust with sleds/performance. Wayde is one of those few. Say what you want to. I could care less about what you have to say about my assessment.

Last edited:

Dbook

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Denver, Colorado
Kinda strange the other video has disappeared. If it was SO lop sided and for fun. Why was it put out there in the first place as a sales tool? "Guess what the 962, ran against" I believe was the post.

There is only a small handful of people I trust with sleds/performance. Wayde is one of those few. Say what you want to. I could care less about what you have to say about my assessment.

https://youtu.be/PARY162oXD0

Is this the video you're looking for? Like I say unless you were there you know nothing. Neither video proves anything.. Jadd has done a fantastic job with his tuning on his 962.

S
Oct 4, 2016
north pole alaska
2xm3 what elevation is that 903 race gas stroker making a legit 210 hp ?? I'm not knocking the BBs they used to be the way to get reliable big power (turbos were a fenike mess 10 years ago) and I'm not a master mechanic by any means but I've never known a BB without a hit of "nos" be able to spank or even compare to turbos! at sea level with race gas 250-270hp is not un heard of with a turbo. theirs a reason why so many of us are looking at turbos and not BB strokers and its not because they don't work their are just better options IMO. we can get 210hp at all elevations and never even need to clutch our sled with EBC. well that's just my opinion and momma all ways said opinions are like *******s all ready got 1 and don't need 2!!! :D

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
2xm3 what elevation is that 903 race gas stroker making a legit 210 hp ?? I'm not knocking the BBs they used to be the way to get reliable big power (turbos were a fenike mess 10 years ago) and I'm not a master mechanic by any means but I've never known a BB without a hit of "nos" be able to spank or even compare to turbos! at sea level with race gas 250-270hp is not un heard of with a turbo. theirs a reason why so many of us are looking at turbos and not BB strokers and its not because they don't work their are just better options IMO. we can get 210hp at all elevations and never even need to clutch our sled with EBC. well that's just my opinion and momma all ways said opinions are like *******s all ready got 1 and don't need 2!!! :D

3875 feet, and yeah different strokes for different folks, all my buddies sleds have the ebc on them pretty slick deal really

S
Oct 4, 2016
north pole alaska
dam good kit I live in ak. and that would give me smiles all day!!! how much $ did it run when it was all said and dun? what all did it take to get it done {crank, case bore, reeds, pipe} or just the top. thanks!

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
Turbotater and Stroker Customz was at Togwotee for a day while we where there on the forum ride. They brought two 962s and let Slash and I ride them a time or two. It does exactly what he states below. It never stops pulling. As I have the BMP 860, it was great to get to ride the 962. Yes the 962 pulls harder (as it should) but both BB kits work extremely well. If I'd had the $$$ I'd definitely go with their 910 or 962, but I have absolutely no regrets going with the BMP 860.

You guys probably won't get a lot of feedback on my 962s and 910s.
Most of my customers are pretty secretive bout their setups.
These are not mass produced kits that you can just order up, bolt on and ride in a couple weeks.
There is an extensive amount of machine work, porting etc involved that has to be extremely precise in order to make power and have a durable motor. Each one is blueprinted during assembly to be sure they are right hence they're limited in number of builds.
The other side of things is peeps being worried bout having a plug and play fuel map and clutching. These are actually very easy motors to tune but you need to be proficient with some clutch tuning and what ever fuel programmer you choose to use and or willing to learn.
That being said, these motors actually exceeded my expectations. They're running stock compression ratios, my 962 has a modified stock pipe, Jadd has experimented with some aftermarket single pipes with good results and they run more like I thought they would with compression, timing and twin pipes.
I've got enough saddle time on my 962 now to tell you I'd never trade it for a turbo, it's a lot more fun to ride with the instant throttle response. This thing has a power band similar to stock, just more pull all the way through and at 10,000 ft has been neck and neck with 7lb turbos.
There's only 15 to 20 guys that I know of that have pulled the trigger on these motors. Maybe some will chime in. I'd like to hear some of their opinions also.

Premium Features