• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2017 Arctic Cat Mountain Cat 162

B
Dec 12, 2014
Looking to see if anyone has had the MC out for the first rides. Picked mine up a few weeks ago. Live in SD so been waiting on some base to set up out west. Thoughts!

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
yup.
pretty insane deep snow machine.
i think the competition has better running motors but the track, shocks, looks and feel of this beast are impressive!

S
Nov 26, 2007
utah
get the shock pressures set for your weight, there's a couple of threads on here about that, tom's chart is a good place to start....drive clutch, get something that engages below 4k rpm...weights should be adjusted for altitude of where you are riding, 65 grams from 7-9k, 64 from 8-10k...should tach at about 8000 to 8100 under load on a climb....take the first hills easy until you learn your balance points and have fun....this is an awsome sled....also doesn't hurt to put a light weight can on it, and maybe a belt drive..:face-icon-small-hap...i rode with two axys riders last weekend that where enjoying my cat far more than theirs'....

Last edited:
B

Brutus

Nov 14, 2008
Helena MT
Picked mine up Friday... Sick of looking at it, time to ride. Headed out Thursday to burn the premix out and feel out the gearing and clutching. Set the shock pressures in the middle of recommended settings. Can't wait to have that much adjustability in the shocks. Put the new grey hps can on it and ordered the mtn bumpers front and back along with the new mtn pro boards all in med green just to look a little different. Jacked about the positive reviews on this sled so far. I was contemplating a 16 holdover and tossing some $$ at it to get it to the 17. Pretty sure I'll be happy with this one. I'll report back with some pics and or vids. Peace yo

Bru

image.jpg

B
Dec 12, 2014
get the shock pressures set for your weight, there's a couple of threads on here about that, tom's chart is a good place to start....drive clutch, get something that engages below 4k rpm...weights should be adjusted for altitude of where you are riding, 65 grams from 7-9k, 64 from 8-10k...should tach at about 8000 to 8100 under load on a climb....take the first hills easy until you learn your balance points and have fun....this is an awsome sled....also doesn't hurt to put a light weight can on it, and maybe a belt drive..:face-icon-small-hap...i rode with two axys riders last weekend that where enjoying my cat far more that theirs'....

Perfect! Excited to get out. I have an hps can I pulled off my 15 limited before I traded. Have had really good luck with the hps can. In the past I have not messed with any clutch weights and pulled about 7850-7900 rpm at 11k+, which isn't terrible but still noticeable. I really should change my weights because I ride 8000-11000 ft. Thanks for the help!

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
Perfect! Excited to get out. I have an hps can I pulled off my 15 limited before I traded. Have had really good luck with the hps can. In the past I have not messed with any clutch weights and pulled about 7850-7900 rpm at 11k+, which isn't terrible but still noticeable. I really should change my weights because I ride 8000-11000 ft. Thanks for the help!

Not sure the HPS can off your 15 will work. Different base plates.

New HPS can looks great. Really liked that can on my 14.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
.drive clutch, get something that engages below 4k rpm...

mine engages really low. i had adjusted deflection a hair after first ride, i like to see the track just barely attempt to creep on the stand when its all warmed up. and i know deflection is a big deal on these, but the method for checking in the manual is pretty vague and inconvenient with the belt guard in there.
ill leave it alone for a while, let the belt stretch, maybe engagement will snap up a bit. hope i dont get the noises i hear about tho, so far nothing!:face-icon-small-hap

bopper

Premium Member
Apr 28, 2008
elkford,bc
Keep rubbing it in.......... :)

Lol here's some pics for ya
06eb40167efd8294e61fc0beec9d0049.jpg

aba8de06d296dbab27dab64c4adf73df.jpg

1714f1ad013705f161be8d940ebd0eca.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TNTCOPP

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Buckley, WA
yup.
pretty insane deep snow machine.
i think the competition has better running motors but the track, shocks, looks and feel of this beast are impressive!

I am baffled with the motor comment.....do you want a poo motor in it?
The motor is and has been the best part of the sleds, and they love the mods to them.
Confused.

B
Dec 12, 2014
Not sure the HPS can off your 15 will work. Different base plates.

New HPS can looks great. Really liked that can on my 14.

I was wondering that too! It fits just like it did on the 15' so I guess I will try it out line up with the base plate almost identical to the 15.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
I am baffled with the motor comment.....do you want a poo motor in it?
The motor is and has been the best part of the sleds, and they love the mods to them.
Confused.

the ol zuke is the best part of the '17 mountain cat?
nope:face-icon-small-win

I

Insaneboltrounder/sjohns

Nov 26, 2007
Just waiting here to ride mine. Full Jaws pipe kit, TKI belt drive and brake lever, BM Fab skinny boards, MDS weights and some Frogzkins to cover some holes.

If i was doing a new sled , id have done just what you did. Other than 5 feet of fluff i bet this set up will take out any 800 made , or 850.

Premium Features