• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Narrow A Arms or Skis?

J
Aug 19, 2013
NE Nebraska
ok trying to decide one or the other right now. Have stock skis on my 12 PC 800 and the 40" arms. what do you guys think would be more bang for my buck right now? the 38" arms or aftermarket skis?
thanks in advance

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
I bet you could find some M series skis for almost nothing right now... and that would be a big step up, then narrow up as well. For reference, I just bought a brand new set of grippers, and they cost me $235... a used set of M skis shouldn't be more than $100 MAX. I've got one I'd give you... you just need to find one other person with a spare to donate!! :D

F

fast8seccamaro

Oct 22, 2010
Thorsby Alberta
I bet you could find some M series skis for almost nothing right now... and that would be a big step up, then narrow up as well. For reference, I just bought a brand new set of grippers, and they cost me $235... a used set of M skis shouldn't be more than $100 MAX. I've got one I'd give you... you just need to find one other person with a spare to donate!! :D

Lol, I couldn't even get $50 for my used m series skies with nice 4" carbides! I ended up throwing them out when I moved!

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Lol, I couldn't even get $50 for my used m series skies with nice 4" carbides! I ended up throwing them out when I moved!

oh... shameful!

Every PC owner should be out looking for a set of M skis, they're WORLDS ahead of the garbage cat attached to the spindles of these sleds!

Shoot... I've got a spare pair of XM skis that are a HUGE step up from the pc ski, guess I'd let them go cheap too.

J
Aug 19, 2013
NE Nebraska
So what I gather is the skis? Really an old m style is better than what's on there? Thanks guys any more info will be great
Hopefully someone's got a good set of those skis around for cheap

T
Jan 3, 2008
taylor BC
My vote goes to old style Simmons.
no darting which is a complaint I have, and i can't get used to looking over the bars at the new fatties. 38" stance is also different for me (230 lbs at 6")
love the forgiveness of the simmons.

Premium Features