• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Impulse XM Turbo

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
2zhkxvd.jpg
That video doesn't make those sleds look or sound very impressive at all. Just saying

Last edited:

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
Curious, what makes you say that?
There is clips on here of a Boost-it and TSS sleds they sound far crisper. They sound tuned better. Hard to explain. Look at the speed the Impulse sleds have from the bottom of that hill to the top. Very average looking to me. Also they sound a little chubby on off throttle. Watch youtube vids of Boost-it or Tss sleds coming up one of the chutes in Revy. They Rip. I expected more from Impulse, maybe just a bad Vid

hobbes

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
So by sitting behind your keyboard watching videos, you've passed judgment on all ETec turbo systems? Have you ridden one? Rode with one? Can you tell the difference in steepness of terrain and quality and amount of snow from a video? I guess what I see in this video is FIVE different ETec turbos running clean at low boost levels without any hiccups. This site used to be full of useful posts and people with loads of personal experience and nonbiased information. Now it's just a bunch of trolls and clueless keyboard jockeys running their mouths just because they like to hear themselves talk. The funny part is if Zeb had loaded a 5 second video of his sled pulling a wheelie on flat packed snow the jockeys would all be raving about how great the Impulse kit is. Sorry for the rant, I guess I'm just tired and sore from my Impulse running spot on for 300+ miles this week and the only panel opened was to put oil in it. You'll also notice I'm not claiming the Impulse is better than any other kit, because I haven't ridden or been around all of them. I'm only commenting on things I actually KNOW about because I've actually experienced it.

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
So by sitting behind your keyboard watching videos, you've passed judgment on all ETec turbo systems? Have you ridden one? Rode with one? Can you tell the difference in steepness of terrain and quality and amount of snow from a video? I guess what I see in this video is FIVE different ETec turbos running clean at low boost levels without any hiccups. This site used to be full of useful posts and people with loads of personal experience and nonbiased information. Now it's just a bunch of trolls and clueless keyboard jockeys running their mouths just because they like to hear themselves talk. The funny part is if Zeb had loaded a 5 second video of his sled pulling a wheelie on flat packed snow the jockeys would all be raving about how great the Impulse kit is. Sorry for the rant, I guess I'm just tired and sore from my Impulse running spot on for 300+ miles this week and the only panel opened was to put oil in it. You'll also notice I'm not claiming the Impulse is better than any other kit, because I haven't ridden or been around all of them. I'm only commenting on things I actually KNOW about because I've actually experienced it.
I didn't pass judgement on all etec turbos just this one video. I said that, if you read what I said. As far as my experience around boosted Etecs and Pros its a fair amount. Ive ridden with and seen 1st hand,Boost-it Pros ,HM Pros ,TSS Etecs ,Aero Etecs and yes last year there was a guy running around up my way on a Impulse Etec. The sled ripped a WOT,but sounded so so on the bottom end.That was a year ago so maybe they have them running better. So I'm not on here to here myself talk. You sound like one of those guys who buys his first turbo and its the greatest running thing on the planet but its the only one you've seen. Guys on here are going off like there the greatest kit in the world. In that vid. Do they look that great? If you walk down your driveway past the garbage cans there is a whole other world out there .

hobbes

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I didn't pass judgement on all etec turbos just this one video. I said that, if you read what I said. As far as my experience around boosted Etecs and Pros its a fair amount. Ive ridden with and seen 1st hand,Boost-it Pros ,HM Pros ,TSS Etecs ,Aero Etecs and yes last year there was a guy running around up my way on a Impulse Etec. The sled ripped a WOT,but sounded so so on the bottom end.That was a year ago so maybe they have them running better. So I'm not on here to here myself talk. You sound like one of those guys who buys his first turbo and its the greatest running thing on the planet but its the only one you've seen. Guys on here are going off like there the greatest kit in the world. In that vid. Do they look that great? If you walk down your driveway past the garbage cans there is a whole other world out there .

LMAO, this Impulse isn't even my first ETec turbo kit, much less my first turbo kit. I've been building/riding turbo sleds for 7-8 yrs. So what you are saying is you haven't ridden an ETec turbo yet? And here you are commenting on a video from behind your keyboard and I'M the one that needs to walk past his garbage cans? I also specifically said I wasn't claiming the Impulse is better than anyone else's kit, but now I'm saying it's the greatest in the world? I've seen an Aero ETec get spanked by an 880 big bore in person, as in I was standing right there, yet I'd never claim that the Aero kit is junk. Maybe that one just wasn't tuned right for that day. My point is, unless you've logged miles on at least one of them, don't be a toad and make negative comments from behind a computer screen.

T

Turbopower

Apr 6, 2008
I have been riding, and building turbos since 1997(makes me feel old), and I can say after riding over a 100 boosted sled's, the impulse etec has the best throttle response, best power at low boost (I have not run big boost yet), and been the most trouble free turbo I have witnessed. I am not saying other turbo's don't work, just speaking for experience. It works really well.

hobbes

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I said in that Video they don't look very Quick.. Do they look fast???

Yes!! But I'm not an accomplished YouTube surfer and turbo sled video expert such as yourself, so be sure to take that with a grain of salt! lol

Honestly I think they sound great and are pulling the kind of ground speed I would expect from a good running 800 turbo at 5-7 lbs of boost. That's just my humble opinion though.

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
Yes!! But I'm not an accomplished YouTube surfer and turbo sled video expert such as yourself, so be sure to take that with a grain of salt! lol

Honestly I think they sound great and are pulling the kind of ground speed I would expect from a good running 800 turbo at 5-7 lbs of boost. That's just my humble opinion though.
So we agree to disagree....

skibumm

Lifetime Membership
Mar 13, 2004
Utah
That video doesn't make those sleds look or sound very impressive at all. Just saying

This is the helmet cam version of the video that Zeb showed us. What the video tells me is that this was the first day out with a new sled, still being broke in and doing just fine. Even when it sounds like full throttle you can see I'm only at 3/4 or so. No reason to race up the hill.... just checking stuff out and enjoying the fresh powder. I have owned and built 8 turbo sleds since 2005 of various kinds. My Impulse Apex from last year was without a doubt, "faster". However, this sled has exceeded my expectations in every way. Kudos to Skidoo on the one hand, and kudos to Impulse for building a kit that literally runs "flawless" on this sled. Nobody beats the fit and finish, customer service, and quality of product like Impulse has on this kit. We climbed a chute later this same day and if a camera would have been on us then, I'm sure you might have been more "impressed" with the "speed" of the sleds. We weren't racing up this hill so ya, there wasn't a bunch of "speed" involved. What I see and hear is a couple of etecs running great with the Impulse kit inside.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Hobbes and sledhead-
I am the official ring girl. Picture me almost naked with nothing but a gold shiny banana hammock 2 sizes too small sportin an extra 25lbs and nice gut, moobies(man boobies), and holding sign over my head that sez "round 3."

Ok guys, commence fighting, I'm getting a chuckle over the banter. I think round one goes to fighter that said "past your garbage can there is whole world out there."

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
This is the helmet cam version of the video that Zeb showed us. What the video tells me is that this was the first day out with a new sled, still being broke in and doing just fine. Even when it sounds like full throttle you can see I'm only at 3/4 or so. No reason to race up the hill.... just checking stuff out and enjoying the fresh powder. I have owned and built 8 turbo sleds since 2005 of various kinds. My Impulse Apex from last year was without a doubt, "faster". However, this sled has exceeded my expectations in every way. Kudos to Skidoo on the one hand, and kudos to Impulse for building a kit that literally runs "flawless" on this sled. Nobody beats the fit and finish, customer service, and quality of product like Impulse has on this kit. We climbed a chute later this same day and if a camera would have been on us then, I'm sure you might have been more "impressed" with the "speed" of the sleds. We weren't racing up this hill so ya, there wasn't a bunch of "speed" involved. What I see and hear is a couple of etecs running great with the Impulse kit inside.

Pretty bold statement about your Impulse kit (Nobody beats the fit and finish, customer service, and quality of product like Impulse has on this kit) Im sure you have seen touched and ridden them all....What did your buddy Nobbes call me a keyboard troll. By the way.... Throttle is on the right!!!

skibumm

Lifetime Membership
Mar 13, 2004
Utah
Not bold at all, just true based on real world experience and the fact that I have owned many and thrown a leg over most both here and in Canada. Wait! What turbo sleds have you actually owned? Which ones have you tried out personally? Finally, would you like to come and show me which side the throttle is on? Anyone can keyboard race from the comforts of their mother's basement. Come take a ride with us and show us your mad mountian skills then you can see for yourself how these sleds run.

Out of the 100% of people that think they have credibility on this site, only about 2% really do and you sir, well I guess that remains to be seen.:doh::doh::doh:

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
Not bold at all, just true based on real world experience and the fact that I have owned many and thrown a leg over most both here and in Canada. Wait! What turbo sleds have you actually owned? Which ones have you tried out personally? Finally, would you like to come and show me which side the throttle is on? Anyone can keyboard race from the comforts of their mother's basement. Come take a ride with us and show us your mad mountian skills then you can see for yourself how these sleds run.

Out of the 100% of people that think they have credibility on this site, only about 2% really do and you sir, well I guess that remains to be seen.:doh::doh::doh:
What did you think of the 2015 TSS Instaboost or the Boost-it Etec when you rode them? Did you notice a difference between The Tial and non Tial housing?

T

twsandrew

Nov 26, 2007
Maybe we have not been on those kits but the guys riding these sleds and commenting here have owned some of the fastest sleds money can buy and they are all saying this kit is among the most impressive for throttle response, fit and finish etc that they have seen. Yes we can be accused of being Impule homers but we are because we have seen what Paul does first hand compared to many others. Not one of us here said another kit is bad. We just think his kits are truly awesome and we have owned enough turbo sleds to know. Let's stop this silly keyboard match. The guys that bought these could have bought any kit and they bought this one for a reason.

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
Maybe we have not been on those kits but the guys riding these sleds and commenting here have owned some of the fastest sleds money can buy and they are all saying this kit is among the most impressive for throttle response, fit and finish etc that they have seen. Yes we can be accused of being Impule homers but we are because we have seen what Paul does first hand compared to many others. Not one of us here said another kit is bad. We just think his kits are truly awesome and we have owned enough turbo sleds to know. Let's stop this silly keyboard match. The guys that bought these could have bought any kit and they bought this one for a reason.
Pretty much what I thought. Its the best Etec turbo kit because you guys say its the best. Im not going to say which one is best because I haven't ridden them all.There is a lot of manufactures out there today. So to say your is the best when you haven't ridden them all. Pretty BOLD!!!!

hobbes

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Pretty much what I thought. Its the best Etec turbo kit because you guys say its the best. Im not going to say which one is best because I haven't ridden them all.There is a lot of manufactures out there today. So to say your is the best when you haven't ridden them all. Pretty BOLD!!!!

So let me get this straight. When SEVERAL EXPERIENCED turbo sled builders and riders specifically claim one turbo kit is awesome and also specifically say that no one else's turbo kit is bad, it's unacceptable. But when someone who has ZERO turbo riding/building experience claims that a turbo kit sucks and is unimpressive because of watching one video, it's perfectly fine. Ok toad, you win. The Impulse kit sucks, and I'm sure all of these guys that are riding them are perfectly convinced due to your well educated opinion. Now go find some other bridge to hang out under.

Premium Features