• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Top 5 Sled Films for Fall 09?

Which Films?

• Slednecks 12

Votes: 35 12.0%
  • Schooled

Votes: 60 20.6%
  • Thunderstruck 8

Votes: 62 21.3%
  • Summit HD

Votes: 25 8.6%
  • Boondockers 6

Votes: 38 13.1%
  • Other?

Votes: 71 24.4%

• Total voters
Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

CatWoman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
NW Montana
Last year was my slow year on ordering vid's. Before that it was at about 8-10 a year. Yes, it is frustrating to see the same footage on more than one film, which I always tried to avoid.

So far the first vid to get here this year after doing some ordering was Schooled. I watched that last night after getting it yesterday. Definitely a good flick! Some good footage, as well as the instructional parts. Different than what has been out in the past, and a welcome change. :) Those two guys have talent, and I truly enjoyed this!! :face-icon-small-coo We'll be watching that one again today.

T
Dec 20, 2008
Radium, BC
Still got some vids to get...but recently got Schooled and the blueray set with TS8 and SH5.:)

Schooled is a great vid with good shots and lessons...nice change from the norm sled vids. Motivates you to go out and do it!

I was eager for SH5, cuz Emilie was in it....Go Girl Power! Fab job Em!:D
But I have to say as much as I generally enjoy the SH vids, I'm getting to dislike the short, choppy clips and the off-angle stuff...it's gotten to be too much IMO. Sections like that are good, but it'd be nice to see some longer shots. Like the tunes he uses and some of the angles he gets are wicked, but I like to see someone ride and pull a wicked line...not just flashes of it! It's almost like a bunch of stills one after the other...The length was disappointing, under 40 mins.? Looked good in Blueray though!

TS8 we watched 2nd, and it was twice as long with alot more rider interaction and 'stuff'. Lots of climbs as usual, but it was nice to see the ride, not just parts and peices. More women featured...of course makes me happy. Overall enjoyed watching this one better and felt like a watched a movie afterwards and that I learnt something about the riders and their rides.
The tunes are a bit lame, but they don't get on your nerves anyways. Good riders and good clips of the behind the scenes stuff. There's always that 'same ol same ol' thing goin' on...I find the extra stuff is what makes it different from the rest and gets the veiwer more into the film. My .02

H
Jan 9, 2008
Woodland, WA
Elevation 5! They make fun of each other, joke around alot, and just have fun...plus there's a lot of great riding shots. Last years was great, this years is better. Jlowe puts together a great flick:beer;

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
a lot of great vids came out last fall but after seeing 90% of them fourcast is way ahead of the game... anyone who has seen jourli's (probably spelled it wrong) vid knows what i am talking about... this video is the direction in editing that all of the video's need to move towards.

H

HANDSOME

Nov 28, 2007
Pouce Coupe
a lot of great vids came out last fall but after seeing 90% of them fourcast is way ahead of the game... anyone who has seen jourli's (probably spelled it wrong) vid knows what i am talking about... this video is the direction in editing that all of the video's need to move towards.

The only problem with this video is not enough people have seen it ! I have not seen any footage from other videos in his video . Sux there wont be a sequel.

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
The only problem with this video is not enough people have seen it ! I have not seen any footage from other videos in his video . Sux there wont be a sequel.

slednecks hired out jourli to film parts of there new video so slednecks 13 has real similar cinematography as four cast

Last edited:
Premium Features