• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Burandts Back Country Adventure Blog Updates!

Thread Rating
4.00 star(s)

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
have to agree with a few comments from above.....a trip to ride with burandt is definately an awesome experience! you will be treated very well by the staff and will definately get some amazing riding in! top notch people, a top notch operation......

interesting comment though on being paired with other groups.....i would say it's more important to get paired with another fun group than be worried about being paired with riders who are "novices". i promise you chris will make sure all riders have a blast and are challenged as long as you follow him and try the areas he takes you to. i'm way more worried about riding with good people than being (or riding with) the lowest rider in the group....

as far as the terrain goes.....colorado has it all in my opinion. this is a trip that will challenge even the best riders. dont expect chris to take your group to the community climbing hill and let you rocket up and down all day....what fun is that anyway? this is a trip that will challenge your skills in every way. tree riding is a given, but there is also just about every other kind of riding available if you want it, including big jumps if that's your thing. i personally love the fact that you get challenged like never before and dont get dumped right in the middle of avy central.....

book your trip and see what i'm talking about first hand....you wont regret it! thanks chris for a great time!

Excellent Review....it's been posted on his blog!:beer;

B
Mar 21, 2008
Hey Guys! Thanks for all the great things that have been said on this post. This has truley been a dream come true for me to be able to take people out in the elements and show them the type of riding that I love so much. Here is a quick update for you all and hope everyone is enjoying their summer!

Hey all! Well it’s officially summer here in Colorado although I was looking through the bino’s the other day and I still think we could go shred some snow up on Spring Creek! What a crazy season it was for us last year. With another incredible winter in the books I just wanted to give everyone a quick update on how last year ended up and what the new plans are for next year.

First and for most Sandy, Bev, Uncle Buck, Sahen and I would like to give a big thanks to all of you who made the trek to Colorado to play in the fine Colorado snow this past year! Season 2 for Burandt’s Back Country Adventure was again filled with awesome memories and new friendships. We had a ton of great moments throughout the year but one of my favorite’s had to be seeing all the customers who decided they hadn’t had enough punishment from our first season back on the snow with us again for season 2. You all are true hardcore sledders! I just start to smile when I think of all the fun that was had with everyone.

For those of you who don’t know Sandy and I are expecting our first child on August 13! If there were any doubt that is was going to be a boy I didn’t have them! LOL. The future “Little Big Air” will be helping Sandy and Bev with meals at the Lodge and changing A-Arms in the shop, which tended to happen A LOT last year! Don’t worry I already have Boondockers working on the turbo for the Z120!

Shipping July 13 will be Volume 2 of Burandt’s Back Country Adventure by Slednecks. This year with the video I really wanted to showcase the more technical side of boondocking. For those of you who have been riding with me you know what I’m talking about here. Lots of trees, lot’s of deep pow and new this year a segment that features many of the clients that came this year as they try to conquer the steep and deep with me. Check out the teaser and purchase the new video here: http://slednecks.com/index.php?act=GetContent&cid=137

We have once again started taking reservations for the 2009-2010 season. Thanks to all of you who have been patient waiting for me to get a little caught up here in order to reserve your dates. As an appreciation to all of the clients who have helped build this great Adventure we will be a extending a 5% discount to all previous visitors of Burandt’s Back Country Adventure along with a new VIP Welcome gift that will be waiting for you when you arrive on your trip. Thank you again and can’t wait to see you on the snow!
I think everyone as far as I know has been getting along ok with our web site, www.burandtsbackcountryadventure.com There you can find all the info on booking a trip with us. The calendar will again be available to see what dates are still open. We are also looking into doing an on line store to support all of our sponsors so stay tuned there. Here are the 2 packages that will be offered for the 2009-2010 season. (The site should be completely updated by the first week of July)

Burandt’s Back Country Adventure For Dec 1-April 15

-Kick Butt sled Rental- $325 Per person per day
-Backcountry 101 with Chris Burandt -$325 Per person per day
-Lodging at Burandt’s place-$100 Per person per night
(Breakfast and Dinner Included)
-Airport Transportation (If needed)-$225 Per Group round trip

Burandt’s Back Country Adventure Spring Special April 15- June 1st

-Kick Butt sled Rental- $225 Per person per day
-Backcountry 101 with Chris Burandt -$225 Per person per day
-Lodging at Burandt’s place-$75 Per person per night
(Breakfast and Dinner Included)
-Airport Transportation (If needed)-$200 Per Group round trip

Please Visit www.burandtsbackcountryadventure.com to book your trip!

And for those of you who gave me some grief for posting an update last year without being an advertiser (Which I agree) You will be happy to know that Burandt's Back Country Adventure will be an advertiser and supporter of Snowest.com

Thanks everyone! See you on the snow!

T
Nov 26, 2007
coeur dalene, idaho
x

chris is the best tree rider i have ever seen or probably ever will.
We did pretty good, but Chris is a few levels above us. However i do believe we represented north idaho tree riding as good as anyone can.

The funniest thing i saw all winter was a certain fun gentleman going up the hill with his avy bag deployed. I laughed my azz off watching this big orange bag go by. By the way the trees are so tight that the trees ripped his handle off of his avy bag and deployed the bag. they are that tight of trees.

I did have a phenominal time and the group i was with was way fun. I could see issues though if you had expience riders with a group from back east that has never rode in the mountains before. Beside my brother and i didn't have to wait to long for the jtrain.lol We did lose the group one day though. The allure of going up kind of got in our way and i saw cornices thru the trees and they literally pulled me towards them.

tim

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
x

chris is the best tree rider i have ever seen or probably ever will.
We did pretty good, but Chris is a few levels above us. However i do believe we represented north idaho tree riding as good as anyone can.

The funniest thing i saw all winter was a certain fun gentleman going up the hill with his avy bag deployed. I laughed my azz off watching this big orange bag go by. By the way the trees are so tight that the trees ripped his handle off of his avy bag and deployed the bag. they are that tight of trees.

I did have a phenominal time and the group i was with was way fun. I could see issues though if you had expience riders with a group from back east that has never rode in the mountains before. Beside my brother and i didn't have to wait to long for the jtrain.lol We did lose the group one day though. The allure of going up kind of got in our way and i saw cornices thru the trees and they literally pulled me towards them.

tim

cornices huh!

I do believe your brother has knowledge of what it's like to ride in the trees with "back east" type riders on their first mountain trip:eek:

Premium Features