• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2002 Electronic Reverse Kit

F
Dec 23, 2007
I'm looking to install reverse on my 2002 700 RMK. Will the 2003 kit work? I heard it requires a different flywheel.

Fitzer

rmkboxer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Bonney lake WA
Flywheel from 03 or newer. Oil pump and recoil cog from 03 or newer are optional, but I recommend them.

yep all is recommended but I have seen that it will still work w/o changing a thing but putting the perc kit on it, I would do it all, I have done a few and installed all the newer stuff, and make sure you tighten up the chain hand tight and back it off a 1/4 turn so you won't break your chain

Dec 17, 2007
I just ordered a flywheel for an 03 as well as the recoil cog (from www.partsland.com). I'm passing on the oil pump (as I don't intend to use reverse for long periods of time). Now I just need a Perc kit to finish it off.

Does the roller secondary in the perc kit come with a helix and spring? (If yes, which one do they come with?) or do you have to purchase your own?

B
Nov 26, 2007
Hawaii for now :(
I put PERC on my 02 800. I never changed anything. Just put the wiring on and go. The kit does come with the spring and helix but I don't remember what they are. I sold mine and I'm using a TEAM roller clutch.

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
If you buy the '03 kit for the RMK it comes with the TEAM clutch, red/black spring and the stock '03 Escape helix.

I'm gathering from a couple of these posts that guys didn't change the flywheel. That's a big mistake. The new flywheel is an 18 degree the old is 14 degree. Just moving the stator 4 degrees doesn't make up for it.

sled_guy

Premium Features