• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What are you guys running for suspension setups on the new XP's???

X
Dec 11, 2007
LeMars, Iowa
Hey guys I was just wondering what everyone is doing to their suspension setups. It feels like my rear suspension is really squishy. Can someone give me a setup that will give me less ski pressure? I need to know what hole to put the limiter strap in, where my rear shock should be set, and what setting in the way rear that i should be on (Numbers 1-5) Thank you

-Loaded Gun

S
Dec 13, 2007
midwest
How much do you weigh?

I weigh about 250 fully dressed with my backpack and fuel can full of fuel.

I cranked up the torsion spings one setting over stuck and tightened the front track shock spring about 3/4 in over stock as well. I also lengthen the limiter strap by one hole and left the front springs alone for now. I have not had a chance to test it in real deep snow but it seems to work well, transfers weight nicely and rides a little firm but not bad. I am trying to get use to the sled first, feels very different from rev's past but I am impressed so far. 130 miles on the clicker and no issues yet except for the handwarmers, I installed a set of POLARIS heaters and should be good forever.

-Seeder

X
Dec 11, 2007
LeMars, Iowa
well seeder im 17 years old and only weigh 160 fully dressed with everything on, I live in Iowa and our first trip is to Laramie the day after christmas so i want to have my sled all setup before I go out there so I dont have to be changing stuff out on the trail. your setup sounds pretty nice but do u think it will work even for my body weight??

-Loaded Gun

S
Dec 13, 2007
midwest
well seeder im 17 years old and only weigh 160 fully dressed with everything on, I live in Iowa and our first trip is to Laramie the day after christmas so i want to have my sled all setup before I go out there so I dont have to be changing stuff out on the trail. your setup sounds pretty nice but do u think it will work even for my body weight??

-Loaded Gun

No, you will be too light for this set-up. I would leave the torsion springs alone, lengthen the limiter strap and tighten the front track spring about 3/8-1/2 of an inch and go from there. You can trun the spring by hand so it can be adjust while riding. Where in IA are you" I am in MN and will be heading down to the Dubique area over the holidays. You guys have any snow down in those parts? Remember that this is what seems to benefit my riding style (I like a front end that is light and will come up easy)so it may not be the best for you but it is a place to start. Good luck.

-Seeder

X
Dec 11, 2007
LeMars, Iowa
yea I figured I would be too light. yea I was messing with the track spring a little bit ago after i cut some breather holes on my side panels, it didnt seem like it was doing much but I guess I cant really tell how much it is doing when its sitting in the middle of my dads shop huh haha. I live in LeMars Iowa, it is the Ice Cream Capital of the World! Its located in the northwest part of Iowa. We have like 3 inches on the ground so definatly not enough to go riding in. Yes I also like the front end to be very very light so if u think I should make any more changes just let me know and I will go do them right now.

-Loaded Gun

C
Nov 26, 2007
castlegar bc
springs

I got my rear springs cranked and the thing still sags a bit eith nothing on it. I am in seeders position with 240 lbs of weight.

The new springs may be in the future that way you can run 'em on a lower setting, not tristed to #5 all the time.

Mind you, coming off of a 1M cat, the soft suspesion is a welcome treat!!!

Chaz

Premium Features