• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who rules the mountain 800 for 17-18

Who rules the mt 800 class for 17-18

• Total voters

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
So the last poll was 3 years old lets try a new one every year!

Last edited:

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
The old poll was 3 years old would be nice to have one for each year as the teck on the sleds changes. This is a public pole so open viewing for voters :face-icon-small-hap

Last edited:
R
Feb 29, 2016
What is the criteria for "ruling"? Axys rules the trees and sidehills. Cat is maybe the best all rounder now. SkiDoo needs badly to ditch t-motion and flex edge, ruins the sleds handling. Seems Doos still have belt issues, Poo's still have all around high maint issues and the previous "fat chick" of the group has slimmed down and toned up. My vote is for the new Mountain Cat.

Snowbird11

Lifetime Membership
May 29, 2011
SLC/Samak, Ut
I'd agree with red.

Fwiw, I'm on the axys currently but almost went cat this time. Just wanted to see one more season after the buy out before committing to what could have been a sinking ship.

Whoever can make a lite weight, tree sled that's reliable gets my money. That last part is subjective and relative to the rest of the brands.

TS Drag Racer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Wa. st
Was on an Axy's two years ago, Skidoo 850X last year, MTN Cat this year. This new Cat is a sweet sled, I've had one ride in 3ft of fresh so far on it and really like it. Good power, handles very predictable side hills great, ero's are great, fit and finish of the sled seems good. I would be hard pressed not to give the new Cat the nod. I'll just say for the guys that decided to wait on buying one, you shouldn't have.:face-icon-small-ton

R
Feb 29, 2016
I am happy to still be waiting. We have no snow, so no riding, pointless to have paid full boat when in about a week I bet I can find a MC for a couple grand under snocheck...

R
Feb 29, 2016
I have a wild guess on how this one turns out . . .

Whatever sled a person rides is the one that "rules" hahaha!!

Obviously people are going to vote the same on the forum as they did with their $$$. That doesn't mean there can't be a fun discussion!

Honestly I think the Polaris is the best performer, it is just awesome how predictable the handling is. My first hand experience though is that the Poo is far and away the highest maintenance of the three and a bit fragile by comparison. Now with an unlimited budget, that is what I would ride, hands down. I would have several so I would always have a fresh back-up. Since I do not have that kind of budget for sleds durability and reliability have to have a say in my choice.

I think Cat and Doo are pretty close in the reliability with the Cat probably taking the durability crown. I just do not like the handling of the Doo, I have tried but coming from an Axys that sloppy pig is no beuno for me. That puts me back in Cats camp after four years on Polaris. It is the best for me right now. Fact is, all of them are pretty awesome. If you aren't having fun on a new sled it is because you are not trying.

Nice that we have such great choices, heck, even an '18 Yammi Sidewinder is bound to be a sweet choice.

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
I'm buying a new holdover next season, earlier if the discounts get good enough, and Cat is at the top of my list. But could ride any of them and love it. Just think Cat is as good or better a performer as the other two and is at the top of the reliability market.

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
I have a wild guess on how this one turns out . . .

Whatever sled a person rides is the one that "rules" hahaha!!

I ride a Polaris but voted cat.. I want to see how that cat responds to some boost and hopefully is as reliable as the previous m8’s I used to have.

Qreiff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
Axys is a great chassis just too twitchy for me. Never comfortable with the Ski Doo Steering. Yes, I too bought a 2018 Snow Check Mountain Cat 800 and am super happy. Awesome sled!

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
The Mountain cat is the top dog this year. I’ve been on an 850 and probably won’t switch but it’s dam tempting

Premium Features