• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Evolution Powersports Viper/7000 Turbo Reflash is complete

E

Evolution Powersports

Nov 23, 2006
Evolution Powersports is proud to announce we have completed our Viper/7000 Turbo Reflash. We have a few options depending upon whos turbo kit is installed. For kits that have low compression pistons or a head shim, we offer a rev limit increase. This makes a HUGE difference in the clutching you can run. We can set the rev limit wherever the customer wants it, but standard is 9750.

The other option we have is a timing reduction & rev limit increase for high compression kits. This will allow approximately 2-3 lbs more boost on the same fuel you are currently running, or reduce your octane requirements. The rev limit is also set at 9750.

The Viper/7000 engine makes approximately 1.5 hp per 100 rpms over the stock rev limit. This means you will make more power at the same boost just by running more rpms.

Prices will be up on our website shortly.

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
nice me want,can whiteknuckle motor sports do it or will it have to be sent to the usa,are you pulling timing by rpm or boost.

Last edited:

TBird

Premium Member
Jan 16, 2008
North of Sweden
Oem ecu doesn't have an boost input, since Viper/7000 lack turbo, so i guess rpm.
I have heard that Nytro/Viper engine shouldn't run higher rpm because of the oil pump, if you do the engine suffers from lack of oil preassure, i've heard it from several knowledgeable sources, therefor i steered away from that route to rise hp, it's not worth the risk of a ruined engine.

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
Oem ecu doesn't have an boost input, since Viper/7000 lack turbo, so i guess rpm.
I have heard that Nytro/Viper engine shouldn't run higher rpm because of the oil pump, if you do the engine suffers from lack of oil preassure, i've heard it from several knowledgeable sources, therefor i steered away from that route to rise hp, it's not worth the risk of a ruined engine.

Ummm....the Vector engine (Viper engine low perf) in the new side by side red lines at 10,500 RPM. Name knowledgeable sources please.

TBird

Premium Member
Jan 16, 2008
North of Sweden
Ummm....the Vector engine (Viper engine low perf) in the new side by side red lines at 10,500 RPM. Name knowledgeable sources please.

Well, Rick @ OFT Racing and Chuck @ Lakeside Motors, are the names i come to think about right on the top of my head.
I am no expert in every aspect of diffrent engines internals, therefor i listen to what experts tell me, if they tell me it's not safe to rise rpm, i listen to their advice, but its up to you, go ahead and rise rpm, tell me how it worked out for you.
If Yamaha release an engine with rev limiter @ a certain rpm it's designed to be safe up to that rpm, they don't warranty an engine with rised rpm, so if Yamaha put it in an side by side with rev limiter @ 10 500 maybe it have an diffrent oil pump?
Lakeside have an oil pump mod that makes it work @ higher rpm, but i never went that line since alot of the added hp when rising rpm will be sacrificed due to unsufficient clutches @ higher rpm.

Sent from my Sanwa M12

T

Tarzannr1

Aug 16, 2010
North in Norway
www.youtube.com
Evolution Powersports is proud to announce we have completed our Viper/7000 Turbo Reflash. We have a few options depending upon whos turbo kit is installed. For kits that have low compression pistons or a head shim, we offer a rev limit increase. This makes a HUGE difference in the clutching you can run. We can set the rev limit wherever the customer wants it, but standard is 9750.

The other option we have is a timing reduction & rev limit increase for high compression kits. This will allow approximately 2-3 lbs more boost on the same fuel you are currently running, or reduce your octane requirements. The rev limit is also set at 9750.

The Viper/7000 engine makes approximately 1.5 hp per 100 rpms over the stock rev limit. This means you will make more power at the same boost just by running more rpms.

That sounds very nice,can you raice the rev limiter for the Nytro ecu? If i send my nytro ecu to your company can it be raiced?

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
Well, Rick @ OFT Racing and Chuck @ Lakeside Motors, are the names i come to think about right on the top of my head.
I am no expert in every aspect of diffrent engines internals, therefor i listen to what experts tell me, if they tell me it's not safe to rise rpm, i listen to their advice, but its up to you, go ahead and rise rpm, tell me how it worked out for you.
If Yamaha release an engine with rev limiter @ a certain rpm it's designed to be safe up to that rpm, they don't warranty an engine with rised rpm, so if Yamaha put it in an side by side with rev limiter @ 10 500 maybe it have an diffrent oil pump?
Lakeside have an oil pump mod that makes it work @ higher rpm, but i never went that line since alot of the added hp when rising rpm will be sacrificed due to unsufficient clutches @ higher rpm.

Sent from my Sanwa M12

Correct on the clutches, the side by side has a transmission. My point was Yamaha overbuilds there engines so much that minor mods really do not matter. I used to own a 280 horsepower Nytro and rode it hard, no issues.

EVO thoroughly tests the things they make so a challenge to there product was going to get a challenge on your "opinion".

T

Tarzannr1

Aug 16, 2010
North in Norway
www.youtube.com
Does the fuel map go up to 9700rpm ore do you also change the fuel map up to 9700rpm? I am very interested to change the rev limiter in my nytro ecu. I run 26,8 psi on race fuel and use the RB3 to change egnition,but the rb3 do not raice the rev limiter.

E

Evolution Powersports

Nov 23, 2006

Sent from my Sanwa M12

Yamaha is an ultra conservative company. Operating the engine at a few hundred rpms higher than stock does not affect the engine negatively. The chief reason for raising the revs on a Turbo Viper is the clutching. Although we have overcome most of the limitations of the stock powerband/rev limit on our turbo kit, the clutching could be setup to be more responsive on the bottom with a few hundred more rpms of overrun on initial shift. Turbo guys don't necessarily need to spin the engine at 9500 to make good power. This in addition to timing changes only makes anyone's turbo kits better/safer. Almost every Nytro/Viper Turbo kit I hear in the field is banging off the rev limit on initial shift.

To Nytro customers - we cannot at this time change the rev limit and I don't think we are going to reopen the project to find it at this time. We can still remove timing and change some safety parameters to make it better though.

E

Evolution Powersports

Nov 23, 2006
Does the fuel map go up to 9700rpm ore do you also change the fuel map up to 9700rpm? I am very interested to change the rev limiter in my nytro ecu. I run 26,8 psi on race fuel and use the RB3 to change egnition,but the rb3 do not raice the rev limiter.

Yes, fueling goes all the way to the new rev limit.

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
Yamaha is an ultra conservative company. Operating the engine at a few hundred rpms higher than stock does not affect the engine negatively. The chief reason for raising the revs on a Turbo Viper is the clutching. Although we have overcome most of the limitations of the stock powerband/rev limit on our turbo kit, the clutching could be setup to be more responsive on the bottom with a few hundred more rpms of overrun on initial shift. Turbo guys don't necessarily need to spin the engine at 9500 to make good power. This in addition to timing changes only makes anyone's turbo kits better/safer. Almost every Nytro/Viper Turbo kit I hear in the field is banging off the rev limit on initial shift.

most guys probably dont know ,but the nytro motor makes its peak hp about 9000-9200rpm,so running them at 8600 you are leaving some hp on the table. the 9700 rpm will really help the spool up,thats why the apex makes such a awsum turbo motor.:face-icon-small-coo

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
most guys probably dont know ,but the nytro motor makes its peak hp about 9000-9200rpm,so running them at 8600 you are leaving some hp on the table. the 9700 rpm will really help the spool up,thats why the apex makes such a awsum turbo motor.:face-icon-small-coo

Agreed on the Nytro motor but the Viper with the Cat ECU is still pulling hard at 9250 when it hits the rev limiter.

E

Evolution Powersports

Nov 23, 2006
One more feature we have added to the Turbo Reflash - we are incorporating the 14 oil timing shutdown. The reason is the 15's, even with the oil full will shut down with the skis in the air whereas the 14's when over filled (basically the same as the 15 oil tank) will shut down.

turbo800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Northern,UT

So if I'm running the factory endorsed MPI turbo kit, and supposedly the factory fueling system runs out of fuel around 7-8 lbs boost. To run the 2-3 lbs extra, does it need a fuel pump/regulator upgrade to take advantage of that?

E

Evolution Powersports

Nov 23, 2006
So if I'm running the factory endorsed MPI turbo kit, and supposedly the factory fueling system runs out of fuel around 7-8 lbs boost. To run the 2-3 lbs extra, does it need a fuel pump/regulator upgrade to take advantage of that?

We have developed an upgrade kit for the OEM MPI Viper Turbo Kits.

Our kit is designed to upgrade the boost from stock levels for the factory kit to 9 lbs (true) of boost at any elevation. The kit includes a set of (3) 550cc direct replacement, plug and play fuel injectors, a boost T for adjusting boost pressure (electronic boost control is optional) and an ECU Reflash which changes the timing to a more boost friendly curve, raises the rev limit to 9800 and corrects the fueling for the additional boost. This kit is 91 Octane safe.

The basic kit with will have a retail price of $1199.00 and is a dyno verified 35 horsepower gain over the OEM kit. Also, this kit is EXTREMELY easy to install - it can be done in less than 30 minutes whereas fuel pump upgrades are very difficult and time consuming on the Viper. The larger injectors are capable of supplying enough fuel for 260+ hp with the stock fuel pump and regulator.

The kit will be easily upgrade able as we plan to develop a Stage 2 with 250 horsepower for next season which will consist of an air to air intercooler and more boost.

Eric at the Racin Station and a few other select dealers will be testing the kit within a week or so.

Dynos and videos of the dyno and field testing will be posted soon.

Premium Features