• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Forced Air Garage Heater for Trailer??

Dec 30, 2007
sd
Besides the need for AC power what is the pitfall of using one of those hanging style propane heaters, the one in my garage has a powerful fan and warms my garage really fast. Do rv furnaces put out that kind of heat? FWIW will be heating a 7 x29. 30.000 btu should do it right? Thanks for any info.

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
I don't think I would be comfortable trying to reinvent the wheel. I'm not sure what you are trying to gain by using a non-standard tool. The RV furnaces are available and have been shown to work well. You can pick them up with a 40K BTU output which should almost peel the paint off the walls if your trailer is insulated.

Dec 30, 2007
sd
I don't think I would be comfortable trying to reinvent the wheel. I'm not sure what you are trying to gain by using a non-standard tool. The RV furnaces are available and have been shown to work well. You can pick them up with a 40K BTU output which should almost peel the paint off the walls if your trailer is insulated.

I am trying to gain space by having less ducting and gain airflow, but maybe I have over analyzed this and should just get the RV furnace and try it.

Premium Features