• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MINI MAXX 2012 6.7 Cummins

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
Bought a 2012 6.7 Longhorn this spring and been itching to delete it. Want a few more kilometres on it before I pull the trigger tho. Guys that have deleted how are the trucks holding up? Any transmission issues? I will be towing a 26foot enclosed once in awhile but mainly have my sleds up on my deck.

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
I really want to delete mine .... I don't want to mod my truck, just get rid of the emissions crap so it runs better .... but I have a really hard time stomaching throwing the next 95,000 miles of warranty out the window :(

F

frog

Feb 16, 2009
MN
I deleted my 11' at 1200 and now at 17,500 no issues...........knock on wood. Any issues can be controlled by your right foot. I have installed head studs in mine to be sure the head stays in place to protect the headgasket and so far the trans is fine. I will be getting the H&S trans software shortly and recommend it as well. 60hp for all around i fine, 120 for daily driving is just fine too but towing, although fun will push the trans to it's limits especially in the hills. The hot setting is a great mileage tune if you can control your foot but towing is out of the question unless you have some serious supporting mods.:yo:

J

jvb

Nov 26, 2007
did my 2010 at 10k miles. was in shop 3 times for emission related crap , got 35k now and havent had a problem. I have the tranny tune as well but dont beat on it because its only a matter of time. Did just have all the u joints and driveline repalced though.

R

robertyoke

Dec 26, 2007
colorado
deleted at 2500 miles, just under 19k now on my '10 mega
h&s mini with trans tune always set on 60 hp

issues....my radio quit working at 10k fixed under warrantee

most miles are from pulling my tri axle toy hauler (normal running weight 15~16k gvwr 17k)
second most miles are 29' wells cargo fun waggon (normal running weight 7~8k gvwr is 10k)

few empty trips here and there but have a DD (e46 M3) and a work truck (04 dodge ram 3500 drw flat bed)

sometimes it has to pull this little trailer too.....
IMAG0503.jpg

trickedout700

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2004
Great Falls, MT
I sell H&S products and they work awesome. Only thing I can say is if you tow then you need to buy the $299 overdrive tuning. I'm doing 2 6.7 deletes next week as a matter of fact. I will be installing head studs in one because the customer has a lead foot.

jsledder

Lifetime Membership
Jul 9, 2001
SD
www.outdoorsupplyonline.com
Did my '07 at about 10k miles and sold it with almost 110k 2 years later, prior to delete's and tuner it was in the shop more than my garage, after deletes not one CEL, trip to dealer or problems of any kind (other than a U-joint).

Did my '11 with about 6,000 miles on it and 40k miles later.... no regrets.

I use the Mini Max and OD tune, I run on the Hot setting unless towing, I find I get the mileage on that tune.

H

HOOCH256

Jan 5, 2008
Kalispell, MT
I personally would do an xrt pro and then get the edge CTS with the ats co pilot!!! The CTS is a far superior gauge system with a back up camera, and the ats co pilot rocks for the trans tune. I've compared them both side by side an the co pilot truck always wins against the h&s overdrive tune. But the price is quite a bit more. I'm assuming that because you have the 12 longhorn that money isn't really an issue, so don't be a PU$$ and go with my combo! Then toss in a 5" and an S&B

Sent from my super duper sweet iPhone using Tapatalk when I should be doing something productive!

philsummers21

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Big Horns, Wyoming
People with tranny problems are either unlucky or just drive rough as hell. I had 85k on my 07.5 Mega when i traded it off on my 12. I had it deleted @ 3000 miles and it was mostly on the highest lvl tune on a smarty w/ everything @ lvl 4. I drove the piss out of that truck and pulled with this tune as well. Only problem i ever had was id run my fuel rail out of fuel pulling up the mountain when i was passing all the fords. Saving up the cash now to delete my 12.

SledGuru

Lifetime Membership
May 9, 2008
WY 307
Had the mini max on a 07.5 deleted it at 30k and ran it till I traded it off with 80k and no issues have it on my 2010 now and runs great both had a 6 speed manual

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
I think I'm gonna go the winter with it stock and see how it does, if it gives me any trouble I'm deleting.

I just hate the idea of voiding my warranty :(

X

XXL

Jan 18, 2006
Wilsall, Montana
Did mine before I took it home, 14 miles. Now have around 22,000 on it. Only one issue was the mini maxx quit working two months after the one year warranty on it. I called H&S and they had me send it in and they gave me a refurbished one instead of charging me $700.00 for a new head. They have top notch support and stood behind their product, can't ask for more than that. I never hot rod the truck because it has crazy power and with the warranty compromised something real expensive is gonna break, an I don't want to pay for it. I usually run no power or mild, I have never tried the wild or hot setting. I did it for the milage gains and long term durability issues. So far so good, I think I'd do it again.

347strokin

Sep 1, 2008
Peachland, BC
I've got 50,000kms on my 2010 2500. Been running Mini Maxx/trans software, deletes etc for 10,000kms. The truck runs so much better. Throttle response, fuel economy, and power are awesome. But be warned, the auto 68Rfe will not hold up to the hot tunes. It's fine in the first few gears but the converter starts shuddering pretty bad if you load up the power in 5th or 6th. If you enjoy your stock tranny, don't tow hard on anything above the Mild tune.

I run Mild full time as a daily driver and towing. No issues. I have my boost limited at 30psi until I can install head studs. Sometime down the road, I will get a transmission built and be able to run the full power tunes WOT in any gear. I will be keeping this truck until she's old and rusty, love this thing.

H

HOOCH256

Jan 5, 2008
Kalispell, MT
I've got 50,000kms on my 2010 2500. Been running Mini Maxx/trans software, deletes etc for 10,000kms. The truck runs so much better. Throttle response, fuel economy, and power are awesome. But be warned, the auto 68Rfe will not hold up to the hot tunes. It's fine in the first few gears but the converter starts shuddering pretty bad if you load up the power in 5th or 6th. If you enjoy your stock tranny, don't tow hard on anything above the Mild tune.

I run Mild full time as a daily driver and towing. No issues. I have my boost limited at 30psi until I can install head studs. Sometime down the road, I will get a transmission built and be able to run the full power tunes WOT in any gear. I will be keeping this truck until she's old and rusty, love this thing.

First off stock will handle 35psi no problem, and there are a fee things with helping a tranny without building one, you can run the co-pilot which increases line pressure and that keeps the shuttering from happening. But a good torque converter and an upgraged valve body can all be done for cheap! The guys down at alligator performance are running a few 6.7s pushing 700hp on stock trannys with just co-pilots and better converters. Like you said tho 5th to 6th are weak with all that power

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

TheYamMan

Lifetime Membership
May 11, 2008
Labrador City, NL
First off stock will handle 35psi no problem, and there are a fee things with helping a tranny without building one, you can run the co-pilot which increases line pressure and that keeps the shuttering from happening. But a good torque converter and an upgraged valve body can all be done for cheap! The guys down at alligator performance are running a few 6.7s pushing 700hp on stock trannys with just co-pilots and better converters. Like you said tho 5th to 6th are weak with all that power

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Stock Input shaft on a 68rfe will twist off at 600whp...

Alligator guys are running ATS stage 4 or Suncoast Comp trans.

Input.jpg

Input shaft that broke at 6??hp and 1400ft/lbs of torque

My Mega is at 700+hp. and here is how I got there.

H-11 Studs
SteedSpeed Comp Manifold
Second Gen Re-Locate Kit
S467 Turbo
Hamilton valve springs and Push Rods
AirDog 150
Stroker CP3
200hp injectors
H&S intake elbow and Boost tube
EFI Live
Edge CTS for gauges
ATS diesel Stage 4 trans with billet Input and Torque.

I Blew apart my stock trans with Co-pilot with XRT on 175 Agg. Tune.

Ive had Modified TCM's to control my trans, 4 Co-pilots, and 3 transmissions...

A stock trans with OD tune and the latest Co-pilot will Handle 450-500whp but not for long.

Last edited:

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
I sell H&S products and they work awesome. Only thing I can say is if you tow then you need to buy the $299 overdrive tuning. I'm doing 2 6.7 deletes next week as a matter of fact. I will be installing head studs in one because the customer has a lead foot.

why do you say the OD tune is a must if you tow?

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
what are you guys getting for mileage when deleted? (hand calculated, iv read the dash is not accurate after the tuner is installed)

X

XXL

Jan 18, 2006
Wilsall, Montana
I see 18 ish empty highway at 65ish mph in the warmer months, 15- 16 in a good headwind, depending on what im towing, 13- 14 with a 18 foot boat, fifth wheel camper and a heavy 20 ft boat behind that 10, 8 if theres a headwind. If I reset my dash computer when I fill up it reads real close to hand calc. Im a cheap sob so I drive easy. If I drove hard I dont think I'd be even close to what I get.

Premium Features