• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Broken Primary Clutch Springs ??

T

trackvs2wheels

Nov 26, 2007
Monument, CO
I have been changing mine with the clutch still on the sled due to them breaking out in the mountains while riding.

Never leave home without a spare spring for these sleds I guess is the lesson I take away from all of this;)

Hoping to find out today if Polaris is putting a new clutch on mine or the whole new bottom of the engine due to possible vibration issues with the original clutch being out of balance or something...

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
How many miles skibreeze? The SW H5 alloy springs have a 30000 - 40000psi higher tensile strength than standard chrome silicone wire springs, and they don't sack out over time. Lighter than chrome silicon with Titanium performance. I have thousands of miles on one and it still pulls the same rpms as the day I put it in (in an M8). The SW H5 alloy springs aren't as "fat" as the SLP blue/pink I've used in the past. SW H5 125/340 spring didn't bind in the Cat clutches but SLP blue/pink does. Might want to try one of those next with some Thunderproducts glide washers (metal). Worth a shot anyway at this point IMO unless you have some other fix. I'll update this thread if mine breaks, it has 230 miles on it now in the pro rmk (680mi total on PC & pro) and my clutches were very hot last weekend.

Dec 21, 2011
Saskatchewan
How many miles skibreeze? The SW H5 alloy springs have a 30000 - 40000psi higher tensile strength than standard chrome silicone wire springs, and they don't sack out over time. Lighter than chrome silicon with Titanium performance. I have thousands of miles on one and it still pulls the same rpms as the day I put it in (in an M8). The SW H5 alloy springs aren't as "fat" as the SLP blue/pink I've used in the past. SW H5 125/340 spring didn't bind in the Cat clutches but SLP blue/pink does. Might want to try one of those next with some Thunderproducts glide washers (metal). Worth a shot anyway at this point IMO unless you have some other fix. I'll update this thread if mine breaks, it has 230 miles on it now in the pro rmk (680mi total on PC & pro) and my clutches were very hot last weekend.

Where can I pick one up an is there a part number or anything.. I'm running blue pink now

Dec 21, 2011
Saskatchewan
Well I hope it's 80foot pounds.. Pulled my clutch for the first time in my life and found my spring is fine260 miles.slp blue pink.. Had a brand new one so I put that in and put it back together.. Little different to do without the right tools lol I just used my knee to press down while I backed the last bolts out and put the bolts back in when assembling it.. Not a bad job for a newbie haha

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
2012 600 miles broken stock primary spring 140/330.

Neither of our 2011's--2600 miles and 1600 miles have broken their springs (they have had a few in them).

New spring tomorrow, will also work on some washer (thin plastic or metal)

Any broken springs with Delrin or metal washer installed? If so, mileage that the spring broke with the washer.

Thanks,
Murph

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
Broke one spring at 400 miles. Dealer installed new spring with a new part number. Same stock specs. I isntalled the delrin washer under the spring. Took it apart the other day to do an elevation weight change and found the wear mark on the outside of the new spring with 200 or so miles on it. Something else is going on.

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
This is just stupid...

And Polaris is saying ???????

friscospices.com

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Nebraska
www.friscospices.com
I was told its because I have a turbo on mine. "Theres no problem with the non-turbo sleds" I rode mine stock for 900 mile with the stock spring then turbo'd and I'm on my 5th springs this season. (26 days riding)

Premium Features