• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Some 2013 info to wet the tongue..

I

IQRIDR

Nov 27, 2007
Mountains, Alaska
2013s are in Jackson right now...belt drive and about 413 pounds. Maybe a small power bump as well but that is not 100% confirmed and probably won't be for a while. Some small running board changes also and a couple of the body details already mentioned on the forum.

A

aebsledder

Jan 16, 2008
Gallatin Valley
HMMM

So...Is this similar to the CMX belt drive system? What are the advantages? What are the disadvantages? Once it snows they should probably get one up here so I can ride the hell out of it and test its durability.:face-icon-small-ton

I
Nov 26, 2007
So...Is this similar to the CMX belt drive system? What are the advantages? What are the disadvantages? Once it snows they should probably get one up here so I can ride the hell out of it and test its durability.:face-icon-small-ton

lighter weight, more efficient transfer of power to the track. Hopefully they positioned it to allow more room for track clearance.

crf118r

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 29, 2008
Eagle, Idaho
Glad I didn't get the '12! I probably won't get the '13 either since I opened my big mouth in front of my wife..."this thing is awesome['11]! There's no way they can get any better! I'm keeping this thing forever!!" Stupid me.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Hmmmmm. Just sitting and waiting to see if this is true....

Not getting excited about ANYTHING at this point. It's going to be another 5 or 7 weeks before we see it, right?

:clock::clock::clock::clock:

Ace Freely

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2002
Wenatchee, WA
This makes me think that Doo is coming out with a show stopper. Otherwise, why would Poo be dropping MORE weight? They already have the lighest sled, so why drop more UNLESS there was something else coming out to take away sales....

Ace

T
Dec 25, 2007
....Or maybe this is what polaris wanted to do in the first place. Just didn't have the right amount of testing time in to get it done. Sort of like when the 07 Raw chassis updates came out and essentially saved the IQ chassis from what it was becoming...

While the manufacturers have a lot of insight on each others progress, I tend to think that Polaris with a huge change like this and a proven chassis will have a good run over a first year sled...refining greatness is a wonderful thing to do.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Because they can. And less weight, more efficiency, at way less cost than a new motor. lb/hp war continues. If this it true, it might be pretty bright on poo's part.

T

towngrunt

Apr 17, 2008
The whole idea of marketing is to stay ahead of the game. If Doo or anybody else came out with a show stopper and Polaris sat on what they had, they would be behind the game for an entire year, and stand the risk of having customers jumping ship. Polaris did this with their Edge and sat to long without making changes, other than color, and it bit them in the A--. If the above is true then good on Polaris.

Premium Features