• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How do you secure while towing?

2dedge

Lifetime Membership
Aug 27, 2011
I am buying a enclosed car hauler so it can do double duty in th summer and I am looking for suggestions?

Thanks

Geoff

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
I installed super clamps in mine that I picked up this summer... I've had enough wildlife run out in front of me over the last 5 years that I don't want the sleds scratching into each other because of some stupid deer/elk/moose/mountain goat/etc.... let alone an actual emergency situation. Securing them's pretty cheap and easy so why not... :beer;:face-icon-small-coo

Engine Pro 5x

Premium Member
Sep 20, 2009
KANSAS
T-bars across the skis and ratchet strap on the back >>>>.
HillsboroRacingEngines177.jpg

Last edited:
T

trackvs2wheels

Nov 26, 2007
Monument, CO
E-Track

If I were you I would look into putting e-track down the sides or in the floor of your new trailer...

That's what I did and hopefully this will allow me to tie the front of the sleds and the rear of the sleds down each and every time we cram 5 into the trailer:)

IMG_0266.jpg

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
That's my answer also.

This is going to start a spirited back & forth debate, so I'm gonna grab a beer & some chips, sit back & watch the replies from both sides come in.

I guess you've just never had your tie dows save your sleds from being a pile in the v nose. 3 new tie downs/ a new coupler on the trailer. 0 sled damage whats debateable about that?

Last edited:

2dedge

Lifetime Membership
Aug 27, 2011
Don't you get concerned with the carbides hooking on th etrack?

S

SSWIM

Nov 19, 2001
Grand Junction, Colorado
That's my answer also.

This is going to start a spirited back & forth debate, so I'm gonna grab a beer & some chips, sit back & watch the replies from both sides come in.

Yep. Load em and set the brakes. Ya, I know, I know. Actually, sometimes we do throw a strap on the back to keep em from going forward. I have a confession. I sometimes don't wear my seatbelt either.:face-icon-small-sho:face-icon-small-hap

Sam

-lenny-

Lifetime Membership
Jan 29, 2011
Whitecourt, Alberta
Superclamps. Not only do I want to make sure all the cracks and scratches on my sled are from trees, but I'd rather not needlessly smack up the inside of my trailer.

Premium Features