• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

FYI: NEW PRODUCT... POWER ADDICTION PRO-RMK 800CFI BILLET HEAD AND HPS SILENCER COMBO

dragonfire

Premium Member
Dec 2, 2007
Fargo,N.D.
Well let me try this again - has anyone had any experience with this head and an SLP signle pipe and can combo? Also using VForce Reeds?

What can be expected? Any help would be appreciated.

I ran 12.5-1 power addiction head ,SLP pipe, v-force reeds and SLP high flow intake this weekend at 800 feet of elevation cross-country in a foot of snow temp 25 degrees.Rpms were between 7000 and wide open for long periods of time steady hard pull,heat soaked motor water temps 123-125.Unleaded premium fuel only on Saturday with Slp's PCV map for pipe and reeds. had detonation. Switched to the ethanol plug to richen it up and did'nt have anymore deto issues but rode the sled a little easier also,worried about detonation. Sunday I added fuel with the PCV and one gallon of 110 race gas to 3 gallons premium non-ethanol,non-ethanol plug in sled. Added fuel in the spots that I could see by watching my EGT's. Sled is resposive with this combo and I would say it pulls just about 3 grams more weight than stock with this package. I also run the tied clutch and did with the motor stock also.Sled is 155 PRO-RMK. THOUGHTS maybe saturday my fuel was not a true 91 but I bought it that morning, conditions were hard pull with no break for the motor,also When you are at close to top rpms but not wide open the motor is at peak timing too which would retard a bit if I could have been wide open all the time. Just what I obseved on those days weather identical both days. sled runs good. rpms 8250-8300. I would say that above 6000 feet elevaton with the 13.5 heads you will not need any race gas just maybe a little more fuel. Hope this helps

Last edited:

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
I have this Power Addiction head on a 2011 PRO 155 and 100% highly recommend this addition to your buggy. It's an entirely new sled performance wise. Does your stocker pull 64 gram EPI weights at 8250 rpm 7000ft under a load on stock springs with a team 62-42 helix? No it doesn't...it won't even consistently pull 62's day in and day out. I extensively tested this head with a bunch of various clutch components in a true field environment and it was conclusively superior to stock.

Crisp instant on throttle response...pulls clean through the RPM band...holds RPM on long long heat soaked pulls...and now magically my misc lay down bog is GONE. (it was at 6200rpm and 6700rpm depending on the load conditions and what exhaust we were experimenting with)

91 pump right from the Lake Fork Merc in McCall Idaho prior to testing. I have had it go det limp once (over 400 hundred miles of testing) at 5500 feet about 4 seconds into a full out drag race on the hard groomed trail after riding it straight down from 7700ft without shutting down. Experts say it is due to a high voltage read from a non loaded track. The system is supposed to compensate for altitude variations so they say it was a load issue versus an altitude issue like I had assumed.

anyway...Shut it down...restarted...and HAMMERED IT AGAIN for an easy 15 seconds full out without issue. Also note gang that you can run your eth chip in place for medium alt if you get a det code.

1200psi

Nov 26, 2007
logan ut
www.poweraddictionracing.com
brad where are you at with your pro twin motor project?

The motor is really going to be done in 1.5 weeks . the first one is going in my iqr and then I am making a kit for the pro I am running out of time for testeing so the iqr is the easiest to get it in right now since most of my tripple stuff will interchange with it. I will get some pics asap.

Thanks Rob for the post glad your happy with the head.

Brad

PR Performance

Lifetime Membership
Dec 14, 2007
Southern Minnesota
anybody have any feedback on the 13.5 power addiction head and slp sinlge pipe on the pro, was wondering what you used for fuel control. Trying to get something ready for the new one when it gets here.

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
No Brad thank you for making such a good product! I simply run em and report in what I experience. HUGE FELT AND OBSERVED BENEFIT plain and simple.

Brad we missed you in Bend for Memorial Day. There were some screaming four strokers (both super charged and turbo'd) but an old 1350 tripple was still the quickest of the day. My buddies propane turbo M sled was awesome but not really setup as a dragster. Loftin's 66 turbo dragon ran pretty good too...especially at the top the run. One thing is certain....you will be selling a few heads based on the comments from at least 20 interested parties who either rode our performance partner PRO or were watching the drags on Saturday and wanted to know why that PRO was so outstanding. Carl's clutching, my track. your head, Polaris did the rest. Once again outstanding performance! Their course was 660 and nothing in the 800 class would sniff the pro at any time. Bigger mod sleds were running it down at about 600ft but nothing left or pulled to 500ft like it!

91 pump gas from Maverick with eth never a bog or det all weekend long drag racing, ripping down the trail, climbing their limited hills, or playing in the trees. Super COOL

gopher-it!

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007

anybody have any feedback on the 13.5 power addiction head and slp sinlge pipe on the pro, was wondering what you used for fuel control. Trying to get something ready for the new one when it gets here.

running this and reeds, 2 gals av. no controller 2500-5000ft. and it runs good !!!!!

PR Performance

Lifetime Membership
Dec 14, 2007
Southern Minnesota
With this combo you havent had any issues what so ever, do you have any temp gauges and how many miles you have since you have put in this combo. SLP says that it is not possible.

gopher-it!

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
combo

not one issuse running this combo, well over 400 miles, deep powder to spring snow. with the controller on det light would come on in around the 5-6000 rpm range at 1000 ft. took the controller off and sled runs extremly well in all rpm ranges. i also have the yellow injectors with the next leaner injector map installed. no gauges. plugs are good. the motor does not run lean.

PR Performance

Lifetime Membership
Dec 14, 2007
Southern Minnesota
what kind of weight are you running in your clutch and and secondary setup, really leaning towards this instead of turbo, especially if I don't need a fuel controller, But this will be going on a 2012 800 assault. I know that they are changing the injectors but that shouldn't matter to much. Thanks for all the info thats what makes this site so awesome.

gopher-it!

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
pro

68 mtx, 3 grams inner 2 grams outer hole. 58/44, red black. also running a formula secondary {old cat style secondary with a different helix and dual spring set up} uses a little less primary weight but pulls very hard. just started testing a bunch of different belts.also getting a mono block ported right now so we will see how that works out. no snow left so its on to quading.

1200psi

Nov 26, 2007
logan ut
With this combo you havent had any issues what so ever, do you have any temp gauges and how many miles you have since you have put in this combo. SLP says that it is not possible.

Yeh no controller needed!! They are telling you this simply because they want to sell you over 2000.00 of there stuff just to get to were we are at for less than 700.00 You decide I have many happy customers who can vouch for this setup and it just works. Thanks everyone for the great feedback and cheers to the summer months.

Brad

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
Yeh no controller needed!! They are telling you this simply because they want to sell you over 2000.00 of there stuff just to get to were we are at for less than 700.00 You decide I have many happy customers who can vouch for this setup and it just works. Thanks everyone for the great feedback and cheers to the summer months.

Brad

Thats good, as I am not a huge fan of SLP price for what you get ratio.

C

cobaltpilot

Nov 26, 2007
BC
Any thoughts on building a 13:1 head for us western riders who stage from 2000ft and get up to 7500ft?
If we can run 94 octane Chevron with no det , Im sure you will sell a bunch of heads to this area.

I just ordered a 13.1:1 head with HPS can for myself for the Whistler riding area (2500-7500 as you say). It's what he recommended and he will have his next inventory ready to ship in one week.

1200psi

Nov 26, 2007
logan ut
Any thoughts on building a 13:1 head for us western riders who stage from 2000ft and get up to 7500ft?
If we can run 94 octane Chevron with no det , Im sure you will sell a bunch of heads to this area.

I am building more heads and domes as we speak . I will have all compression ratios in stock for you guys that want them know. Just give a call Brad

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
So, any heads left in stock over the summer?? Leaves are falling and we know what is coming...

RS

B
Jul 29, 2011
AT
i can confirm you that,

last 4 days that combo was tested in sweden on a dyno for more then 29hours.

head, pipe, can, air intake, optimized clutch for for 1500 to 4000ft and a standalone ecu. (best serious performance was with 93octane (US) and 15% avgas.

it looks that the engine it self can take a lot of power. also the head is a really good working solution.

regards,
branix

not one issuse running this combo, well over 400 miles, deep powder to spring snow. with the controller on det light would come on in around the 5-6000 rpm range at 1000 ft. took the controller off and sled runs extremly well in all rpm ranges. i also have the yellow injectors with the next leaner injector map installed. no gauges. plugs are good. the motor does not run lean.

1200psi

Nov 26, 2007
logan ut
So, any heads left in stock over the summer?? Leaves are falling and we know what is coming...

RS

i can confirm you that,

last 4 days that combo was tested in sweden on a dyno for more then 29hours.

head, pipe, can, air intake, optimized clutch for for 1500 to 4000ft and a standalone ecu. (best serious performance was with 93octane (US) and 15% avgas.

it looks that the engine it self can take a lot of power. also the head is a really good working solution.

regards,
branix

I have about 50 heads in stock lets get them going again. Let me know what you need rs Thanks for the report Branix.
Brad

Premium Features